• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ritari's 2nd Annual SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. Absolutely everyone could swap out the bottom of their roster daily if they so desired, it's just not worth it like you say and it IS a dick move.

Also, some rosters are stronger than others, which may or may not mean you have fewer players that are bad enough to be swapped without losing them for good.

If someone like Vadered were to start swapping his players out 10-12 times a week, he may lose a few of them to other managers and ultimately that may hurt his team in the long run. Whereas, someone with a few players they don't care about can just keep swapping them out endlessly without fear just to get the extra games played.

Like I said, I agree with you that somewhere in the line of two moves per week maximum is a great number to work with. Nobody NEEDS more than that unless they drafted a horrific team or are player swapping to gain an edge.

You know what, I agree. Swapping out players to gain a daily advantage may be "legal", but it's cheap. 3 more moves by loco in the last 3-4 days and they've already gotten him points.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what, I agree. Swapping out players to gain a daily advantage may be "legal", but it's cheap. 3 more moves by loco in the last 3-4 days and they've already gotten him points.

You are in second in transactions by a mile. You have to be fucking kidding me, Wayne. How are your A/C bills in your glass house?

It helps sometimes (got an assist yesterday), it hurts others (got 7 minutes and nothing on the score sheet from a guy today). I'm going to keep doing what I think is best for my team.

Last edited by a moderator:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Hey Puck - Avy bet for the winner of this week's match? Loser has to strut the avy of the winner's choice (no naked men clause) for a week. What say you?!?

oops.. didn't see this, was out of town.
{ checks scoreboard }
errrr - no thanks. you cheat :D :lol:

/told ya Kes was on the verge of bustin' out!

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The on going disagrement between you guys about picking guys up is so stupid. It's 100% legal and it is no way cheap either. It's allowed and Eloco is making as many moves as he wants. He's doing what he can to win. Since when is that cheap?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The on going disagrement between you guys about picking guys up is so stupid. It's 100% legal and it is no way cheap either. It's allowed and Eloco is making as many moves as he wants. He's doing what he can to win. Since when is that cheap?

I disagree. That guy is a cheater!!

He felt he had too many defenseman at the start of the week and added some forwards instead to boost point production. And those guys have scored some goals!! That's unfair. ;)

And he's carrying FOUR goalies. FOUR!!! That gives him an unfair advantage to earn more saves each week. Ridiculous!

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are in second in transactions by a mile. You have to be fucking kidding me, Wayne. How are your A/C bills in your glass house?

It helps sometimes (got an assist yesterday), it hurts others (got 7 minutes and nothing on the score sheet from a guy today). I'm going to keep doing what I think is best for my team.

My transactions were to improve my team for the long run, not for weekly matches. Keep doing it. As I said, it's not against the rules, but it is cheap. As for how many transactions I've made, you've made about 3 times as many as me in November alone. I think it's time for a fire sale. Make offers.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just looked up my transactions history and half were done Oct.15th or earlier. I don't mean to pick on any one owner, I thought the object was to try to build a team and do your best with it. Dropping someone here and there is one thing, but moving guys to gain an advantage in games played for a week is wrong IMO. I guess having limits as well as room for players on IR would have been beneficial.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My transactions were to improve my team for the long run, not for weekly matches. Keep doing it. As I said, it's not against the rules, but it is cheap. As for how many transactions I've made, you've made about 3 times as many as me in November alone. I think it's time for a fire sale. Make offers.

Lol. Mine have been for both. You think it's cheap, noted. It's been discussed to death. Some think it's a TERRIBLE thing, some think it's okay but don't really like it, and others have no problem with it at all. It's a difference of opinion on approach, but it's totally within the rules. And the fact that's you've made double the transactions of most makes your complaint seem disingenuous, regardless of how it compares to mine.

Personally, I keep a list of "do not move" players. I examine it at the start of each week and it's mostly been the same 20 or so guys all year. The others are movable and I usually make several changes at the start of the week based on where I'm coming up short. I'll then tweak it during the week if I need to. This week I dumped some D men and added some forwards. It comes at a risk. I've been hoping Seidenburg would pick it up all year (he's been terrible, but was #41 among D-men in points last year). But AJ scooped him up. So if he improves, I might lose out in the long run. Thems the breaks.

Too much complaining. Too many nasty posts or character insults.

And what's a fire sale mean? You quitting?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a related note, for the health of Jordan Leopold I'm not picking him up ever again. Twice this month I've added him and both times he was injured within 24 hours. Crazy.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a related note, for the health of Jordan Leopold I'm not picking him up ever again. Twice this month I've added him and both times he was injured within 24 hours. Crazy.

With all the moves you've made I don't know how you could possibly be high in the waiver order. Yet you got James Wisniewski. It doesn't make any sense, but congrats.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
With all the moves you've made I don't know how you could possibly be high in the waiver order. Yet you got James Wisniewski. It doesn't make any sense, but congrats.

he generally picks FA's, not from the waiver wire.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was 9th at the time - only one ahead of you. I've only use waivers once or twice all year. I guess nobody ahead of me in waiver order wanted him or noticed he was available.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 9th at the time - only one ahead of you. I've only use waivers once or twice all year. I guess nobody ahead of me in waiver order wanted him or noticed he was available.

It's all good. He's a minus player on the year, but a minute muncher. He should help you quite a bit in the TOI category.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good. He's a minus player on the year, but a minute muncher. He should help you quite a bit in the TOI category.

Yeah, don't really need help there. Not sure I've lost ATOI yet. But I think his assists and PPAs will come in handy. We'll see... Seidenberg will probably start racking them up now. ;)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Loco will probably drop him by Sunday, anyways :D

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank you curtis sanford :thumb:

Oh man, yeah he and Mikka both had 3rd period collapses this weeks to the tune of 2 losses and 6 goals.. Ouch. May be the difference this week. Nice game from Howard.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, congrats Puck. Just about everything is wrapped up. Barring some guy have a 4-pt game tomorrow, it looks like you win 7-6 or 8-5 this week.

Good game, sir. Only wish my goalies had ended the week better. It could have been a fantastic goalie battle. Oh well.

Speaking of goalies, performance of the week goes to the Crabs' netminders...
8 wins, 268 saves, 2.006 GAA, .9338 save percentage

Sick! Kudos, Comeds.