• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ritari's 2nd Annual SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puck posted in this thread he had something in mind, contacted me and made an offer, Puck got Crosby. Quit crying.

I'm used to seeing those words near each other, but not in that order. ;)

(PS - God damn that kid is good at playing hockey.)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I surely wouldn't have said what I said originally if I knew you really, truly didn't know any better. It's a little naive of you anyway to not see what I'm saying considering everyone else is averaging about 10-12 moves to date and you're sitting there with 57...lol

...Also, I don't care what game you're playing, if you feel like someone on the other side is cheating you (and others) on purpose, it pisses you off. That's just part of competing.

It's not a losing strategy. It's a cheating, potentially very successful strategy that often leads to more wins.

But, as has already been discussed, it's entirely frowned upon. This is why you're pretty much the only one doing it. Go figure eh?

It's not cheating if it's within the rules allowed by the league and if anyone in the league can easily do it. And you continue to phrase things in ways (like above) that aren't accurate and add a component of morality and disrespect to them. (1) It is NOT cheating. (2) If you think it's "entirely frowned upon," that is also incorrect. I got PMs from a couple real nice league members today to say basically 'don't sweat it, keep doing what you do, you're fine.' It's open to interpretation as to what you think of it, but it's certainly within the rules, and there are differing opinions on the matter. I'm not going to assume my opinion aligns with everyone else. Neither should you.

Let's get fucking real here, Mav. Beantown had more transactions than me for the first couple weeks and then I passed him. You didn't call him out on it b/c he didn't beat you. You have players you don't want to drop, so you're upset that someone else is able to use a strategy that is more beneficial to them while you feel you can't utilize it, don't have the time to, or have some kind of strange, overly emphatic moral opposition to it which I neither have to agree with nor abide by. On top of that, you constantly contradict yourself....

I have seen excessive swapping done in the playoffs when it's all on the line, but nobody in their right mind does it on a weekly basis (except you).

So, it's "sickening" to you during the regular season, but you completely understand and accept it during the playoffs? How about you outline for all of us the exact number of transactions that are acceptable, the reasons and conditions under which they are acceptable, and the part of the year in which they are acceptable for everyone?

And whether a person is hurt, or I want to switch to improve a category I'm behind in, or I want to play a hot hand, that's MY call. I'm keeping Enstrom right now despite him being on the IR because I think he'll be valuable later. Again, MY call.

The timing of your post couldn't be more ridiculous. After the start of last week's match, I only made 3 moves because of what I heard some respected members of the league say. 2 of the 3 moves were b/c of injuries - I added Leopold when Zidlicky got hurt, and then added Gunnarson when Leopold got hurt. Even though, to be honest, I don't think there's anything wrong with it and my team suffered b/c I have guys slumping or getting hurt like crazy right now. So, your timing is a little bit stupid.

But now, if I go along with what you are saying, I am (1) following your "rules," not the actual rules of the league, (2) bending to a person who I have zero respect for and think is an asshole, (3) have no guarantees you or others won't take advantage of making moves to beat me while I'm bound to some amorphous code that you are the arbiter of, and (4) being pressured into changing the way I manage my team when I would have made different decisions earlier in the season if that were the case. I made the decisions I did precisely because of the actual RULES that govern the game.

So, here's my call... I'm going to do whatever the hell I think is best for my team within the rules of the game. If that makes me a bad person in your eyes, I guess I'll just have to live with myself. If that means 1 transaction one week and 23 transactions in another, I'm fine with it.

I congratulated you for taking the division lead and dialed back my moves. This is what I get back. I'm fucking done with you. This issue should have died a long time ago, and this is the last time I will address it or you.

I'm done with this issue now. If anyone has genuine, respectful concerns about it, feel free to PM me. I feel no need to continue to subject the rest of the league to the issue. But I don't take lightly nor appreciate character insults in a game that is supposed to be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the Jets might have me this week. I have 4 more defensive starts left than they do, but one fewer forward start, and I need to make up some ground on goals, assists, shots, and all 3 power play categories. Goalie categories are pretty even at the moment, but I'm worried.

We'll see...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the Jets might have me this week. I have 4 more defensive starts left than they do, but one fewer forward start, and I need to make up some ground on goals, assists, shots, and all 3 power play categories. Goalie categories are pretty even at the moment, but I'm worried.

We'll see...

I've been short men early in the week as well and Pissah is testing me! Adding to my woes, I missed Dubnyk starting tonight - he had 30 saves and a .938. :L My team's shooting percentage is SO low the last couple weeks. I may have to bench OV to show the team they have to give high effort every night! ;)

Is it me, or are goalies the hardest thing to keep track of? If you have 3 or 4 playing in a given night, you have to check between 3pm-7pm to see who is guarding the nets that night. Sometimes I'm just too busy at work to get around to looking.

Speaking of which, this site does a great job at telling you who is starting each day. Maybe because I'm a noob, everyone already knew about it. But just in case. It's handy. Jack Handy.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not cheating if it's within the rules allowed by the league and if anyone in the league can easily do it. And you continue to phrase things in ways (like above) that aren't accurate and add a component of morality and disrespect to them. (1) It is NOT cheating. (2) If you think it's "entirely frowned upon," that is also incorrect. I got PMs from a couple real nice league members today to say basically 'don't sweat it, keep doing what you do, you're fine.' It's open to interpretation as to what you think of it, but it's certainly within the rules, and there are differing opinions on the matter. I'm not going to assume my opinion aligns with everyone else. Neither should you.

Let's get fucking real here, Mav. Beantown had more transactions than me for the first couple weeks and then I passed him. You didn't call him out on it b/c he didn't beat you. You have players you don't want to drop, so you're upset that someone else is able to use a strategy that is more beneficial to them while you feel you can't utilize it, don't have the time to, or have some kind of strange, overly emphatic moral opposition to it which I neither have to agree with nor abide by. On top of that, you constantly contradict yourself....

So, it's "sickening" to you during the regular season, but you completely understand and accept it during the playoffs? How about you outline for all of us the exact number of transactions that are acceptable, the reasons and conditions under which they are acceptable, and the part of the year in which they are acceptable for everyone?

And whether a person is hurt, or I want to switch to improve a category I'm behind in, or I want to play a hot hand, that's MY call. I'm keeping Enstrom right now despite him being on the IR because I think he'll be valuable later. Again, MY call.

The timing of your post couldn't be more ridiculous. After the start of last week's match, I only made 3 moves because of what I heard some respected members of the league say. 2 of the 3 moves were b/c of injuries - I added Leopold when Zidlicky got hurt, and then added Gunnarson when Leopold got hurt. Even though, to be honest, I don't think there's anything wrong with it and my team suffered b/c I have guys slumping or getting hurt like crazy right now. So, your timing is a little bit stupid.

But now, if I go along with what you are saying, I am (1) following your "rules," not the actual rules of the league, (2) bending to a person who I have zero respect for and think is an asshole, (3) have no guarantees you or others won't take advantage of making moves to beat me while I'm bound to some amorphous code that you are the arbiter of, and (4) being pressured into changing the way I manage my team when I would have made different decisions earlier in the season if that were the case. I made the decisions I did precisely because of the actual RULES that govern the game.

So, here's my call... I'm going to do whatever the hell I think is best for my team within the rules of the game. If that makes me a bad person in your eyes, I guess I'll just have to live with myself. If that means 1 transaction one week and 23 transactions in another, I'm fine with it.

I congratulated you for taking the division lead and dialed back my moves. This is what I get back. I'm fucking done with you. This issue should have died a long time ago, and this is the last time I will address it or you.

I'm done with this issue now. If anyone has genuine, respectful concerns about it, feel free to PM me. I feel no need to continue to subject the rest of the league to the issue. But I don't take lightly nor appreciate character insults in a game that is supposed to be fun.

HEY, STOP PICKING ON MY SUCK ASS TEAM IN LEAGUE 1!!! :boink:

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a week to not show up. Call us the freaking Wisconsin Badgers of League 1.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's annoying because on the year, I'm losing to the Jets in three categories. On the week (you know, the one that matters), I'm losing in nine. Need some help all over the place. Ah well, it happens. Better now than in the playoffs, and hell, the week isn't over. Maybe I'll squeak out a 6-7. I'd take that.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's annoying because on the year, I'm losing to the Jets in three categories. On the week (you know, the one that matters), I'm losing in nine. Need some help all over the place. Ah well, it happens. Better now than in the playoffs, and hell, the week isn't over. Maybe I'll squeak out a 6-7. I'd take that.

You guys are still pretty close in a lot of categories, but your goalies have done you no favors. Fantasy just goes up and down like that. My stat line is hilarious this week. Top 3 in both PPG and PPA points on the year until about a week ago. So far this week... 29 points, only 1 on the PP. :L

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are still pretty close in a lot of categories, but your goalies have done you no favors. Fantasy just goes up and down like that. My stat line is hilarious this week. Top 3 in both PPG and PPA points on the year until about a week ago. So far this week... 29 points, only 1 on the PP. :L

My goal tending in league 2 is killing me. In league 1, it may be the only thing to keep my team competitive (despite what's happening this week).

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only did the Caps lose 5-1 tonight, but through 11 games this evening my players have 0 points and are a -13. Both goalies shat the bed and lost.

I had to pick ONE guy to sit the bench tonight, so I put Seidenberg on the shelf b/c he's been awful. He goes out and gets a PPA. He's outscoring my 16 starters so far. :L

Worst hockey night of the year so far. Blech!

Last edited by a moderator:

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only did the Caps lose 5-1 tonight, but through 11 games this evening my players have 0 points and are a -13. Both goalies shat the bed and lost.

I had to pick ONE guy to sit the bench tonight, so I put Seidenberg on the shelf b/c he's been awful. He goes out and gets a PPA. He's outscoring my 16 starters so far. :L

Worst hockey night of the year so far. Blech!

I may go from 1-11-1 last week to 11-0-2 (current score). So much for THE trade. Woke my team up!!!! :hockeysmile:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big ups to daBolts! After starting 16-34-2 His team has gone 27-11-1 since the much talked about trade several weeks ago.

Beantown hasn't done as well, but playing 3 of the 4 best records in the league the last three weeks has probably had as much to do with that as anything.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big ups to daBolts! After starting 16-34-2 His team has gone 27-11-1 since the much talked about trade several weeks ago.

Beantown hasn't done as well, but playing 3 of the 4 best records in the league the last three weeks has probably had as much to do with that as anything.

I'm sure that has a lot to do with Beantown's record. It will get better.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Puck - Avy bet for the winner of this week's match? Loser has to strut the avy of the winner's choice (no naked men clause) for a week. What say you?!?

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that has a lot to do with Beantown's record. It will get better.

Meh. Because of events this past summer, I didn't get to plan out my drafts for either FF or FH. Next year I'll set some time aside to do my research before the drafts. In any case, 2 of my 3 fantasy football teams should make the playoffs (my SportsHoopla team is a definite), and my FH team in league 2 is looking good despite the goal-tending issues.