• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ritari's 2nd Annual SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dropped Reimer. Had to get another starting goalie in my lineup.

Can't really blame you, either. He could be back tomorrow, he could be out for the season, and even if he does come back there's no guarantee he'll be any good.

But my goalie situation is rather comically bad as is, so swapping for a guy who isn't playing might be an improvement...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, nice trade Comeds and Puck!

But my goalie situation is rather comically bad as is, so swapping for a guy who isn't playing might be an improvement...

Thank goodness... or we'd just have to hand you the trophy and call it a season! :)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'm always open to trades. My team in league 1 is in last place so make an offer.
I've sent you something to think about.

Just picked up Reimer from free agency. Hope he unconcusses soon. If not, well, I dropped my backup backup goalie to get him, so no loss.

turco's still available :thumb: :)

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a gut feeling I should have started Biron against the Isles instead of Fleury. Sometimes you just know a goalie and/or his team is due for a bad game :L

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I got lucky picking my goalies tonight. all four in action,
Played Lunqvist (W 4-2) and Backstrom (W 4-2)
and sat Voukun (L 3-1 with an e.n.) and Howard (L 2-1)

Funny that all four goalies had 2.00 GAA

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that all four goalies had 2.00 GAA

Good choices.

Also weird your goalies scored the same number of goals as 10 of my forwards - zippy! My team playing very poopy the last 4-5 days. I was lucky to escape against the Fuzzy Bunnies when I did.

West taking it to the East right now... except for my team. Rit's killing me! :)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wayne - I understand trading Crosby, but why NOW?

You suffered through him being gone for 1/4 of the season and he is supposedly days from returning. I would have at least gotten his two best players out of the deal. A 4th rounder and a 12th rounder for Crosby? Confused.

I would have offered you much better if I know you were considering trading him.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wayne - I understand trading Crosby, but why NOW?

You suffered through him being gone for 1/4 of the season and he is supposedly days from returning. I would have at least gotten his two best players out of the deal. A 4th rounder and a 12th rounder for Crosby? Confused.

I would have offered you much better if I know you were considering trading him.

To VETO or not to VETO that is the question? I think this is a very lopsided trade once Crosby begins playing which won't be long.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to thank Patrick Berglund for being a 0 +- tonight.

Every other skater I had was a - for a total of -18 for the night. Well done boys.

I wouldnt veto the trade BTW. Its a big chance for one of them to take on Crosby. If he comes back strong and stays healthy its a good deal, if not then its a good deal the other way.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every other skater I had was a - for a total of -18 for the night. Well done boys.

I wouldnt veto the trade BTW. Its a big chance for one of them to take on Crosby. If he comes back strong and stays healthy its a good deal, if not then its a good deal the other way.

I don't know. Mike Richards & Evander Kane for Crosby? Don't be surprised if Crosby is back by December 1st.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some commentary on this week's matchups so far, mine not included.

Doormats @ Finest: That is a tight, tight goalie matchup. Other than that, DC is having a terrible week. Seriously, when Jordan Leopold is tied for most goals on your team in a matchup, it's not gonna end well. Ovechkin with no points in two games is rough too.

Crabs @ Pissah (don't think too hard about that phrase): Crabs have Subban and Weiss with some nice games so far this week, and Backstrom (G) posted a shutout. Pissah has clearly coached his team on getting the puck to the net, averaging 3 SOG per skater game played. Interesting matchup, with Pissah having the advantage once he has 3 goalie starts.

Phaithful at Ballards: First of all, considering the absolute atrocity that was PP's draft, he's doing pretty well on the year. That said, he's gettin' whooped this week. Goalies are having a bad run and Jagr with a lower body injury 3 shifts into his second game killed his ice time. Ballards has Mike Richards and Mike Erat with two-game hat tricks (3 goals in 2 games).

Doom @ Slugs (another amusing matchup name): SLUGS. WAKE UP AND START YOUR PLAYERS. STASTNY SHOULD NOT BE SITTING ON THE BENCH. WHAT THE HELL KIND OF A NAME IS STASTNY ANYWAY? Good call sitting Khabibulan and his ridiculously bad .571 save percentage tonight.

Jets @ TRUCKERS: TRUCKERS are having an okay week, but getting edged in most skating categories. Jets are killing on the goalie end though.

Debaters @ Fuzzy Bunnies: Pacioretty is having a good week but should try playing some defense (he's even with 3 even strength points), and Booth is just as much a waste of a roster spot in Vancouver as he was in Florida. Debaters have more shorthand goals this week (2) than both teams combined have power play goals (1, for Wayne Simmonds of the Bunnies, and if you saw that coming you are a filthy dirty liar). Bunnies are getting it done by committee, with no player having more than 2 points, 4 PIMs, or 8 shots. There is another aspect to this matchup that is helping one side, but I will not speak of it lest reality notice the aberration and revert to normalcy.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

that's the thing, Crosby's been 'just around the corner' for weeks now.
it could be next wekk (and I think it is), but it could be January or feb.

Wayne needed help with depth, and I needed a powerplay stud (hopefully in time for playoffs).
until 87's back it's an uphill climb for me, with him, Grabovski, Malone all out for extended time.
but they aren't guys i'd drop for waiver dregs.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Phaithful at Ballards: First of all, considering the absolute atrocity that was PP's draft, he's doing pretty well on the year. That said, he's gettin' whooped this week. Goalies are having a bad run and Jagr with a lower body injury 3 shifts into his second game killed his ice time. Ballards has Mike Richards and Mike Erat with two-game hat tricks (3 goals in 2 games).

not really a whooping. I tend to take goalie categories with the group I have. but our match looks like it's coming down the three powerplay categories. they are all within one point. at some point last night, I think Phaithful was up 7-6 (or maybe I was up.. anyways, it was close :) ).

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's the thing, Crosby's been 'just around the corner' for weeks now.
it could be next wekk (and I think it is), but it could be January or feb.

Wayne needed help with depth, and I needed a powerplay stud (hopefully in time for playoffs).
until 87's back it's an uphill climb for me, with him, Grabovski, Malone all out for extended time.
but they aren't guys i'd drop for waiver dregs.

This, and I figured Vancouver needs to win a cup of some sort, right? I can feel good about helping them get it. :behindsofa: Besides, I've put it out there all season I'm willing to listen to offers and make trades. So far only Bolts and Puck have contacted me. Any one of you could have taken a shot at Crosby. Hell Loco, you could have had Crosby AND Ovi on the same team!!!

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'MON PEOPLE, SET YOUR LINE-UPS FOR THE WEEK!!!! It takes 5 minutes for cryin out loud. Teams are getting free points every week. Why sign up if you're not going to give a damn? I know it's not a money league, but I'm out to kick some SportsHoopla ass!!!!!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell Loco, you could have had Crosby AND Ovi on the same team!!!

That's a crime against nature, sir. ;)

Congrats to Rit who will beat me this week...it's just a matter of by how much.

It was nice to see my team actually do something yesterday after being asleep for almost two weeks.