• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ritari's 2nd Annual SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't make me laugh. The REAL truth of the matter is that the ONLY reason you're leading this league is because your team is bad enough and you are willing enough to swap out players daily and get an edge over your opponent each and every week while other managers either have too good of a team for that nonsensical bullshit, don't have the time or patience, or simply decide not to out of respect.

He really did that? what a FH whore!!!

:ss:

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Wayne - you aren't that far behind me in transactions. How do you live with yourself?!? ;)

To be honest, A) with my mom's passing and working 6 days a week, I didn't get to do any research before the drafts and had 5 or 6 auto-draft while I was deciding (I think you should have 2 minutes to choose myself). Last year was my first year playing fantasy sports (just football), and I researched the players for about 2 weeks before the drafts (2 leagues). I came in 2nd in SportsHoopla's league and won the other league. Fantasy is different. Take for instance football. Not too many people will draft someone like Revis because he hardly gets many balls thrown his way. He's arguably the best corner in football, but not a great fantasy option points wise. That's why I do the research.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and when have I ever denied being a whore?

Well, my Xmas shopping is done for Wayne then.

man_whore_tshirt-p235881785971398154qre7_400.jpg

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, tell that to your fucking avatar. Way to be a gracious winner!

Stupid Boston...:brick:

I just wanted to show everyone the styling rings being worn by Boston athletes these days. Blame eeee esss peee ennn for the arrogant headline. :bolt:

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever has Finland's Finest needs to pay more attention. While it's true that I like winning, I don't like cheapies against folks who aren't playing their guys.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever has Finland's Finest needs to pay more attention. While it's true that I like winning, I don't like cheapies against folks who aren't playing their guys.

Jeff is the same way in league 2, lol. The fucker is playing the 1st place team too!!!!

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just like to take this opportunity to thank Craig Anderson for posting a GAA of 49 tonight. NO I DID NOT FORGET A DECIMAL POINT.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's actually a few people in both league who don't pay attention. Why even play if you're not going to set your lineups for each day? I'm working as many hours as anyone right now, but I take a few minutes a week, that's right week, to set my lineup for the week.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its OK if people do not want to change their lineups against me.....but after that, why play if you dont play?

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its OK if people do not want to change their lineups against me.....but after that, why play if you dont play?

The thing is, you can set your lineup days, weeks, or even for the whole season in one sitting, and make changes when needed.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, would anyone be interested in a money league next year?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more than happy to give credit where credit is due, but when someone's bench consists of the entire free agent market, that tends to disgust me. Earlier in the season when Vadered was freaking out about how weak his goaltending had been, I was happy to reassure him that he had one of the top three teams in the league once that turned around. He may even have the best team once Bryzgalov and Halak get it rolling. To lead the league in goals, assists, +/- and shots with only 4 moves made is damn impressive.

I've made 15 moves through 4 and a half weeks and you've made 45. You added 12 players in the week we competed and I added 4, if only in a silly attempt to keep pace with you in a more respectful manner, so let's not pretend that I'm doing what you are. I had several injured players at the beginning of that week and you had a healthy team, yet still felt the need to pile on by repeatedly swapping out your lesser players.

If you actually mean 76% when you say "almost 90% of my team is the exact same", then you're right. That doesn't matter though. I have no problem with a guy that has swapped out a lot of his original team just because he had injuries or saw better players on free agency. However, when you're swapping out players daily not because of an injury or a slump, but JUST to gain a competitive edge in games played over your opponent and therefore win more of the skating categories you otherwise wouldn't necessarily win, I have a serious problem with that.

You make a good point. I mean it's one thing if your team really sucks because you missed the draft & are just trying to improve your team. Making waiver pickups every single day because you want to get an edge is another story. There isn't anything against it though. We can all do the same thing. Like you've said I have players I don't want to put on waivers. So I only use it when I feel it will improve my team or I need to make a change because the player is under performing.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You make a good point. I mean it's one thing if your team really sucks because you missed the draft & are just trying to improve your team. Making waiver pickups every single day because you want to get an edge is another story. There isn't anything against it though. We can all do the same thing. Like you've said I have players I don't want to put on waivers. So I only use it when I feel it will improve my team or I need to make a change because the player is under performing.

I understand your perspective, but teams shouldn't be viewed differently for trying to improve their team b/c they attended the draft or not or b/c they are doing well or poorly. Nobody knows what injuries or changes might befall their team down the road - it's a long, long season and things change.

Yourself and Wayne both added goalies this weekend to try to win goalie categories. Kudos to both of you! You are being active managers and trying to win. Wayne made a great move on me today adding a goalie that was a FA who is starting. I can't do that - I have 4 goalies and I like them and I'm going to keep them at least for the next couple months. But that's a heads up move on his part and he might take away a category or two (wins, save pct.) from me by doing it. Or he might lose one he has in his pocket (GAA).

But that is the very POINT of the game - trying to win categories. And you are either making a decision to risk losing a good player OR unloading an unproductive player to do so. That's your call as fantasy manager.

Mav is complaining about me managing my team. Two things about that:

(1) Very simply, Mav is whining because he lost. Even beyond that, he made this some kind of moral thing ("makes me sick," "how do you sleep") that is WAY out of touch with reality and decent behavior. When he lost, he had to come up with some reason why my team didn't deserve to win to make himself feel better and regurgitated it all over this thread. I drafted well rounded players (Ott, Burrows), my defense had more points than any other team last year, and I have a good core of goalies. If you can't respect those things, keep it to yourself. You've had a number of occasions where you have added a player, dropped them a day or two later and added someone else - against me AND others. Can you still sleep at night? Probably. Telling everyone you are better than them all the time and then ripping them apart when you lose is silly and poor sportsmanship.

(2) This is all perspective. I've made 3x the moves Mav has. He's made 3x the moves that Crabs or Vadered has. Should they be "sick" over his actions? No, b/c he's trying to improve his team and give it the best chance to win. Everyone has that option at all times. You can't fault someone for picking up player X when you had the same opportunity! If you passed on it b/c you think player Y on your team is better, that's your choice.

Overall, I'm going to keep doing whatever I think helps me win the most categories each week. Last I checked, that was the point of the game.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS - Nice comeback this week, Wayne. We'll see if your boys can chop me down to size tonight! Like the Nabby move after I rested my goalie last night, you sneaky bastard! ;)

I'm gonna sit Theo b/c I think the Flyers light him up today. We'll see. Gonna be close. Good luck.