• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ritari's 2nd Annual SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oggle away. I've mentioned it before, and they are playing great, but I don't like having THREE forwards on the Stars. Just too much invested in one team. For example, all three only have 2 games this week, so it's big handicap. So I'm willing to move one of those guys for the sake of diversity, though I do think all are valuable - Benn and Erikkson playing great and Ott brings in stats in EVERY category.

If others have offers, those guys are all on the table for reasonable compensation. Especially if someone else has a similar predicament.

That said, having forward linemates is a great thing, especially if they are on the first line. You'll usually double up on points when one of them scores. The only risk is that they expose you in +/-; when you get scored on, it counts twice against you.

Three and four might be a touch much. Maybe not, though, PP started with like 8 Flyers and he's doing alright.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, having forward linemates is a great thing, especially if they are on the first line. You'll usually double up on points when one of them scores. The only risk is that they expose you in +/-; when you get scored on, it counts twice against you.

Three and four might be a touch much. Maybe not, though, PP started with like 8 Flyers and he's doing alright.

I've got Michael Ryder if he wants another Stars player.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made it clear to everyone I wanted to make a deal. Beantown was the only person interested. I'm the one who proposed the trade we agreed too. I have no regrets & only myself to blame if it doesn't work out. He tried to get Fleury & St. Louis from me in League 2 for what I thought was peanuts so that told me he thought he got the better of the trade.

I also look at it like this. I got Legwand off waivers. Anyone could have had him. After the deal was accepted I picked up Mike Fisher.

I'm still looking to deal. The only guy I won't trade is Giroux.

I just threw an offer at you. It was nowhere as lopsided as the first trade offer you made me in league 1. In that trade, I was taking a step back in every offensive category except ATOI I believe. We kept working and got a deal done. The offer in league 2 was just like the way we worked one out in league 1. I gave you an Idea of what I'm looking for. I didn't expect you to take it, just maybe counter offer or say thanks, but no. I'm still open for a counter offer, or a trade with anyone else. I wouldn't consider Jagr and Garon Peanuts.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting trade made between Bolts and Bean.

Bolts gets Skinner, Sharp, Markstrom
Bean gets Getzlaf, Legwand, Fleury

I think Beantown got the better of this one... at least it wasn't at my expense this time.

YOU were the one who wanted to trade Brady. I didn't go begging for him. I would have offered you some kind of compensation to help with the Charles injury, but you came on here and whined and threw an insult about expecting that from a Bruins fan. If you had been decent about it, I would have sent you Jordy Nelson

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU were the one who wanted to trade Brady. I didn't go begging for him. I would have offered you some kind of compensation to help with the Charles injury, but you came on here and whined and threw an insult about expecting that from a Bruins fan. If you had been decent about it, I would have sent you Jordy Nelson

Oh, no no no, I'm not blaming you or what not. I realize I made an idiot trade. Everything I've been ranting about you since has been intended more to poke fun at me rather than calling you a sleazebag. You just saw a good trade given to you and took it, and while I whined about it, it's not your fault Charles got injured.

And the Bruins fan thing... well, okay, maybe something was true! :pound:

PS: THAT LAST LINE WAS A JOKE. Since my intentions have not been clear.

Last edited by a moderator:

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, no no no, I'm not blaming you or what not. I realize I made an idiot trade. Everything I've been ranting about you since has been intended more to poke fun at me rather than calling you a sleazebag. You just saw a good trade given to you and took it, and while I whined about it, it's not your fault Charles got injured.

And the Bruins fan thing... well, okay, maybe something was true! :pound:

PS: THAT LAST LINE WAS A JOKE. Since my intentions have not been clear.

I guess I should have used a smiley. I know you weren't taking anything personal. As for the whining comment, nothing personal. I see you Flyers fans whining on the board on a daily basis, especially in the GNT's. :whistle:

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I should have used a smiley. I know you weren't taking anything personal. As for the whining comment, nothing personal. I see you Flyers fans whining on the board on a daily basis, especially in the GNT's. :whistle:

:finger::fencing:

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the trade with Bolts, Believe me, I hated to part with Sharp and Skinner. They've been good for me, but when he offered Fleury, I thought the deal was a good and fair one. time will tell. As for my offer to him in league 2, I thought it was a decent first offer. Jagr is killing it this year, especially with the special teams points (1 PPG, 4 PPA, 5 STP's). 5g, 7a, +4, 38 SOG ain't nothing to sneeze at.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BTW, I'm thinking about going to the Bruins/Flyers game on March 17th (2 days b4 my b-day), and the Leafs game on my birthday. It's amazing how the price of a ticket doubles just because it's a weekend or holiday game.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, you guys are bad even when you're WINNING!!!

Philadelphia is the city of brotherly love, my friend. And what better way to show affection for our brothers, the Flyers, than by pointing out every single mistake they make? We are just trying to help them improve.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I'm thinking about going to the Bruins/Flyers game on March 17th (2 days b4 my b-day), and the Leafs game on my birthday. It's amazing how the price of a ticket doubles just because it's a weekend or holiday game.

Ooh, good for you! I don't get to see any Flyer games in person this year; unless they make the Finals against the Wild, there are no games in Minnesota. (And if they do make the finals against the Wild, I WILL find a way to get to a game.) Still, gamecenter is being pretty awesome so far.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia is the city of brotherly love, my friend. And what better way to show affection for our brothers, the Flyers, than by pointing out every single mistake they make? We are just trying to help them improve.

Oh. So the fans at the Iggles game were just giving Santa Claus some snow to give to the deprived kids in warmer climates? Kinda brings a tear to your eyes.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see that Jose was out and Kipper was in and Mikka is having an outstanding night. :L Stupid busy day at work!

Bolts - let me take a look at some possibilities and I'll hit ya back in a few days.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I play Kipper tonight and I would have locked those 4 goalie categories. REALLY kicking myself.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the trade with Bolts, Believe me, I hated to part with Sharp and Skinner. They've been good for me, but when he offered Fleury, I thought the deal was a good and fair one. time will tell. As for my offer to him in league 2, I thought it was a decent first offer. Jagr is killing it this year, especially with the special teams points (1 PPG, 4 PPA, 5 STP's). 5g, 7a, +4, 38 SOG ain't nothing to sneeze at.

St. Louis was my 1st round pick in League 2. Fleury is my best goalie by far in League 2. I have Roloson & Garon is his backup. Jagr is having a good start to the season no question about it. However, the offer was far from fair.

I stated in this thread that I have no regrets about the trade. I wanted Sharp & Skinner. You wanted Fleury & Getzlaf. I got a goalie to take Fleury's spot. You got a forward to take a spot for one of the forwards you traded. Was it an even deal, probably not. However, we both filled needs on our roster.

The only area in which I would consider a trade in League 2 is for a goalie.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Louis was my 1st round pick in League 2. Fleury is my best goalie by far in League 2. I have Roloson & Garon is his backup. Jagr is having a good start to the season no question about it. However, the offer was far from fair.

I stated in this thread that I have no regrets about the trade. I wanted Sharp & Skinner. You wanted Fleury & Getzlaf. I got a goalie to take Fleury's spot. You got a forward to take a spot for one of the forwards you traded. Was it an even deal, probably not. However, we both filled needs on our roster.

The only area in which I would consider a trade in League 2 is for a goalie.

Jagr has more goals, more assists, better +/-, more PPG's, more PPA's, more SOG, more STP. Shit, he even has more PIM's. I can see where you were getting ripped off by me offering him in a trade. :loco2:

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pick up Wayne Simmonds and what does he do for me? NOTHING!!!. That's what we get for letting THOSE people play hockey!!! You know.......canadians :behindsofa:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jagr has more goals, more assists, better +/-, more PPG's, more PPA's, more SOG, more STP. Shit, he even has more PIM's. I can see where you were getting ripped off by me offering him in a trade. :loco2:

3 Assists from St. Louis tonight. I see you dumped Garon for Markstrom.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pick up Wayne Simmonds and what does he do for me? NOTHING!!!. That's what we get for letting THOSE people play hockey!!! You know.......canadians :behindsofa:

:burt:

Have you even watched Simmonds play hockey this year? He puts the "not" in fantasy juggernaut.