• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Ritari's 2nd Annual SportsHoopla Fantasy Hockey

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big early season match-up between the top 2 teams in the west (league 2).

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting trade made between Bolts and Bean.

Bolts gets Skinner, Sharp, Markstrom
Bean gets Getzlaf, Legwand, Fleury

I think Beantown got the better of this one... at least it wasn't at my expense this time.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Beantown got the better of this one... at least it wasn't at my expense this time.

Yeah, BIG early season trade. It's funny though b/c I kinda though Bolts got a slightly better deal. Ultimately, maybe they both improved their team - Bean gets better in between the pipes and Bolts gets more scoring.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll take it a step further. Frankly, I think this trade is a rip off in favor of Team Fuzzy Bunnies. Why? Getzlaf is slumping a bit, but I still think he's the best forward involved in this trade when you consider his ice time, pims and history of putting up huge numbers. Then he's getting really one of the top netminders in the Nhl on one of the strongest teams for just a backup goalie on a mediocre team. The difference there is unreal. I know Skinner and Sharp are crafty forwards that can light it up, but they don't come close to getting the minutes that even Getzlaf and Legwand do (plus even Legwand has been on fire). I'm sorry, but this trade isn't even close to fair. Oh well...lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take it a step further. Frankly, I think this trade is a rip off in favor of Team Fuzzy Bunnies. Why? Getzlaf is slumping a bit, but I still think he's the best forward involved in this trade when you consider his ice time, pims and history of putting up huge numbers. Then he's getting really one of the top netminders in the Nhl on one of the strongest teams for just a backup goalie on a mediocre team. The difference there is unreal. I know Skinner and Sharp are crafty forwards that can light it up, but they don't come close to getting the minutes that even Getzlaf and Legwand do (plus even Legwand has been on fire). I'm sorry, but this trade isn't even close to fair. Oh well...lol

I understand your logic. When your teams record is 8-29-2 you need to do something. I have Hiller & Roloson in goal. Markstrom has been playing very well & is probably going to stay with the Panthers for the rest of the season.I know I gave up one of the top goalies in the league. It was something I felt I had to do to improve my team overall.

I have guys on my team who will get assists like Datsyuk, Giroux, Luke Adam. After the draft I only had 1 guy who was a 30 goal scorer last year. Havinig added Moulson earlier now I'll have 4. Time will tell. I think it will help both teams in different areas. Besides the only way to go for my team is up at this point.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is it safe to say that everyone thinks I got robbed blind?:yield:

Not robbed blind necessarily, but you definitely got the short end of this one. I might have vetoed the trade had I seen it coming. Might have.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not robbed blind necessarily, but you definitely got the short end of this one. I might have vetoed the trade had I seen it coming. Might have.

I made it clear to everyone I wanted to make a deal. Beantown was the only person interested. I'm the one who proposed the trade we agreed too. I have no regrets & only myself to blame if it doesn't work out. He tried to get Fleury & St. Louis from me in League 2 for what I thought was peanuts so that told me he thought he got the better of the trade.

I also look at it like this. I got Legwand off waivers. Anyone could have had him. After the deal was accepted I picked up Mike Fisher.

I'm still looking to deal. The only guy I won't trade is Giroux.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is it safe to say that everyone thinks I got robbed blind?:yield:

I don't. I think Skinner for Getzlaf is about even this year. You get an upgrade at Sharp over Legwand - more goals, better +/-, and is consistently healthier than Legwand. Wayne gets an upgrade with Fleury over Markstrom. The question is whether your goals/assists improve enough to offset your losses at goalie. You definitely get more proven GOAL scoring if that was your objective. These are all based on what people's assumptions are. I'm pretty high on Skinner, so I might like it more than someone who is higher on Getzlaf.

Tough to say. I think the reason someone might see it as a rip is Fleury is definitely an upgrade over Markstrom (who may be back in the minors when Clemmensen returns). While Sharp may not be a big upgrade if things don't go your way.

At the end of the day, you can only take or decline the trade in front of you. But I do think if people want a better deal, one thing to do is post on here "I have an offer on Player X and Player Y, if anyone is interested, send me an offer or I'm taking the one I've got." Time will tell who the deal works out for.

I think your team is better than they've played so far, Bolts. Luck is part of the game. I won our match on the win sheet, but you were close in almost EVERY category. I was like 4-7-1 before Friday or Saturday's games. Hang in there.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. I think Skinner for Getzlaf is about even this year. You get an upgrade at Sharp over Legwand - more goals, better +/-, and is consistently healthier than Legwand. Wayne gets an upgrade with Fleury over Markstrom. The question is whether your goals/assists improve enough to offset your losses at goalie. You definitely get more proven GOAL scoring if that was your objective. These are all based on what people's assumptions are. I'm pretty high on Skinner, so I might like it more than someone who is higher on Getzlaf.

Tough to say. I think the reason someone might see it as a rip is Fleury is definitely an upgrade over Markstrom (who may be back in the minors when Clemmensen returns). While Sharp may not be a big upgrade if things don't go your way.

At the end of the day, you can only take or decline the trade in front of you. But I do think if people want a better deal, one thing to do is post on here "I have an offer on Player X and Player Y, if anyone is interested, send me an offer or I'm taking the one I've got." Time will tell who the deal works out for.

I think your team is better than they've played so far, Bolts. Luck is part of the game. I won our match on the win sheet, but you were close in almost EVERY category. I was like 4-7-1 before Friday or Saturday's games. Hang in there.

Like I said I'm the one who proposed the deal. I'm fine with it. I needed to upgrade my goal scoring. I know the deal hurts me in goal. I do have two legit starters though. You have to give to get. Hopefully it works out okay.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked through your list. I might be interested in Streit. You probably love him though. :) If you want to send an offer with him involved, I'm open. Enstrom probably is gone for a couple months for me. :(

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oggle away. I've mentioned it before, and they are playing great, but I don't like having THREE forwards on the Stars. Just too much invested in one team. For example, all three only have 2 games this week, so it's big handicap. So I'm willing to move one of those guys for the sake of diversity, though I do think all are valuable - Benn and Erikkson playing great and Ott brings in stats in EVERY category.

If others have offers, those guys are all on the table for reasonable compensation. Especially if someone else has a similar predicament.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'm still looking to deal. The only guy I won't trade is Giroux.

I had sent you an e-mail through the ESPN system - not sure if you check that e-mail address or not.
wasn't a fully formed trade, which is why I didn't send it as such. it involved Getz, though

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oggle away. I've mentioned it before, and they are playing great, but I don't like having THREE forwards on the Stars. Just too much invested in one team. For example, all three only have 2 games this week, so it's big handicap. So I'm willing to move one of those guys for the sake of diversity, though I do think all are valuable - Benn and Erikkson playing great and Ott brings in stats in EVERY category.

If others have offers, those guys are all on the table for reasonable compensation. Especially if someone else has a similar predicament.

I think we can works something out here. I've got 4 Sabres. Stafford, Roy, Adam & Gerbe.