• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The health care system in this country. My wife was having sharp pains on her right lower abdomen, shes much tougher than I am so if shes laying around because of pain I know its serious. In an area known for its hospitals we made it to an mostly empty emergency room at 9:30pm and promptly around 2:45am she saw a doctor. Affordable and efficient!

So a little over 5 hours eh, comeds? Double that and you have the approximate wait time for Canadian emergency rooms.

/I hope you wife is feeling better.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a little over 5 hours eh, comeds? Double that and you have the approximate wait time for Canadian emergency rooms.

/I hope you wife is feeling better.

5 hours until we saw the doctor. Then another 3 and a half hours after that. In a largely empty emergency room.
Oh well, the doctor and nurse we finally saw were friendly and seemed competent - I do realize that is the most important thing. Just a long night.

Shes fine, something very painful but usually not very serious.

MV5BMjI4NjM1NDkyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODgyNTY1MjE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who spell it u instead of you drives me nuts.

stillmatic32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when I eat my lunch at my desk and the guy near me gets really into what I'm eating. And asks a ton of questions about where I got it and how often I go there. I talk to people all day at work. I have an hour where I don't have to talk or listen to someone. During lunch time I want to eat and look at sports stories. Not tell sandwich man all about my lunch.

stillmatic32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when I'm at a crosswalk when the cars are supposed to yield to pedestrians and 15 cars in a row fly past me. I flip them off all individually. What I'd like to do is have a bazooka stationed behind me and blow them and their car to bits immediately upon not them not yielding.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too Close For Comfort ending far too soon. That Monroe was something else.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when I eat my lunch at my desk and the guy near me gets really into what I'm eating. And asks a ton of questions about where I got it and how often I go there. I talk to people all day at work. I have an hour where I don't have to talk or listen to someone. During lunch time I want to eat and look at sports stories. Not tell sandwich man all about my lunch.

works for you too chief!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Canadian men's bball team still has a chance to qualify for next year's Olympics in Rio, but they gagged big time against Venezuela yesterday.

/It was a brutal foul call at the end of the game, but they shouldn't have been in that position.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
my daughter: "I have a new favourite band!"
me, with great trepidation: "Oh? who's that?"
kid Fifth Harmony! they were started by the X Factor guy
me: if they don't play instruments, they are not a band
kid: OK, they are my favourite group then *well deserved eyeroll*

so she plays a bunch of this crap over the past 2 days, near as I can tell they have three songs, but they kind of all sound the same, so I am not sure.
I try to be supportive and explain the musical theory behind the name 5th harmony
my wife listens and agrees that it is crap, but suggests listening the the ultimate girls band, the Spice Girls ("Still not a band!" I interject to no avail).
So now the house is a rockin' with the Spice Girls for the past hour.
I'll tell you what i want, what i really really want.... someone to kill me now.

my only hope is to try to shift her to the Runaways.
Does Heart count? the band is half girls, anyways.
equal opportunity! that what I should be preaching.

sigh. I miss that days of "Daddy, can you play the black sabby song about the wizard again?"

I haven;t lost yet... we were grocery shopping the other day, and she starts singing a Sabbath tune.
I'm proud to say it was a fairly deep cut, too. After Forever.

We did get some funny looks from the deli guy when she hits the "would you like to see the Pope on the end of a rope" bit. :)
then we had this conversation about how the song really is quite spiritual, even though the band has a reputation for being darker because they sometime sing about demons and stuff.
and she says, "I don't know why that would be, 'Fairies Wear Boots' isn't dark at all! Besides, the pope song is catchy."

she's not wrong. :D

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Mondays after taking a week's vacation. God forbid I should enjoy some family time without some twat asking me a million questions the second I log back in.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Mondays after taking a week's vacation. God forbid I should enjoy some family time without some twat asking me a million questions the second I log back in.

No vacation goes unpunished.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No vacation goes unpunished.

Picked a good time to head to the beach though. Everyone's kid was back at school. There was no one there and the resorts were half the price. Once my kid starts school, that'll be over though and then I'll just be one of the sheep....

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the wave ... this guy has the right idea :pound: