• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you say once that you should have been born in Canada and it was the stork who was given an incorrect delivery address?

Yes. But not the french part.

Not to derail any discussion, but I really feel it is my duty to let this group know that I was just in a Chipotle when I overheard someone approach the counter and ask if they had ketchup.

That may be the final straw. I may just head to Sweden or something.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to derail any discussion, but I really feel it is my duty to let this group know that I was just in a Chipotle when I overheard someone approach the counter and ask if they had ketchup.

Please by all means, derail. I feel like a shift in the convo might be warranted at this juncture. Ketchup with Chipotle? That would certainly drive me nuts overhearing that.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Must have been my brother in law. He puts ketchup on everything. Everything. Like, he eats his thanksgiving turkey with ketchup on it.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must have been my brother in law. He puts ketchup on everything. Everything. Like, he eats his thanksgiving turkey with ketchup on it.

It feels like I witnessed he beginnings of an unholy atrocity.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's akin to offering Macallan 25 and then being asked if you have any Coke© :L

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Copenhagen is a nice, clean, progressive city.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Copenhagen is a nice, clean, progressive city.

and just a short drive (train ride) from Malmo, Sweden. Based on the pictures TSN was showing from Malmo, looks like a pretty neat place (as does Copenhagen).

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and just a short drive (train ride) from Malmo, Sweden. Based on the pictures TSN was showing from Malmo, looks like a pretty neat place (as does Copenhagen).
Copenhagen is cool. Malmö is fine, but it's a bit boring. And although I'm slightly biased since I lived there for a while, but Stockholm is the best of the bunch.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that an umlaut over the o in Malmo? I love the Ø that the Danes use as well :D

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that an umlaut over the o in Malmo? I love the Ø that the Danes use as well :D
Not technically.

Swedish is a bit different than some other languages, like French for example, that use accent marks. Instead, the ö, ä, and å are technically different letters.

Also confusing is that those three letters are the last three in the alphabet, so you'd have x, y, z, å, ä, ö if you were looking in the phonebook.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Copenhagen is cool. Malmö is fine, but it's a bit boring. And although I'm slightly biased since I lived there for a while, but Stockholm is the best of the bunch.
Malmö reminded me a bit of Victoria, except with excellent transit.
And Swedish girls. And a massive lamp in the middle of a cobblestone square.
And very expensive beer

I liked Malmo.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if I fall into the millennial class or not...I get confused. I've been lumped with older groups too (like mid-80s born), but I do get torn on whether or not to defend "my" people. There are certain subjects I defend my generation on: school loans...yeah, we didn't ask for them, older generations. And no, I can't "work to pay" for school while in school, not when the school I went to was $32k a year (yes, I chose that school, no I couldn't have gotten the same education at community college); laziness (to a point)...there are a lot of articles floating around the internet about how millennials don't understand hard work, yadda yadda. That may be true to a point, but maybe the issue is that older generations have literally worked themselves to death. Is it wrong to want an actual 9-5 and to have time to spend with family or friends? I watched my father do this to the point he was in the hospital with stress related heart issues. Work isn't the crux of life. Sooner Americans get that, the better. I dream of a European mentality one day (PAID paternity leave? Like many months?! WHAT?!). Now, phones? I'll concede that. HOWEVER, it's not just my generation that's addicted. Have you seen a sporting event of grand stature lately? Every middle aged dude in the place (hyperbole warning) has their phone up to get a video...instead of just watching. Addiction. It's societal. FOMO is realllll.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if I fall into the millennial class or not...I get confused. I've been lumped with older groups too (like mid-80s born), but I do get torn on whether or not to defend "my" people. There are certain subjects I defend my generation on: school loans...yeah, we didn't ask for them, older generations. And no, I can't "work to pay" for school while in school, not when the school I went to was $32k a year (yes, I chose that school, no I couldn't have gotten the same education at community college); laziness (to a point)...there are a lot of articles floating around the internet about how millennials don't understand hard work, yadda yadda. That may be true to a point, but maybe the issue is that older generations have literally worked themselves to death. Is it wrong to want an actual 9-5 and to have time to spend with family or friends? I watched my father do this to the point he was in the hospital with stress related heart issues. Work isn't the crux of life. Sooner Americans get that, the better. I dream of a European mentality one day (PAID paternity leave? Like many months?! WHAT?!). Now, phones? I'll concede that. HOWEVER, it's not just my generation that's addicted. Have you seen a sporting event of grand stature lately? Every middle aged dude in the place (hyperbole warning) has their phone up to get a video...instead of just watching. Addiction. It's societal. FOMO is realllll.

I always think of this with the phone thing:

WkHHpZ1.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Previous generation always say how screwed up, how lazy, and how easy the younger generations have it. I don't have any kids (thanks 1st generation microwave oven) but the kids are alright as far as I can see.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Previous generation always say how screwed up, how lazy, and how easy the younger generations have it. I don't have any kids (thanks 1st generation microwave oven) but the kids are alright as far as I can see.

One thing I keep telling my kids is that they have a huge opportunity to see beyond the local world they are in.

I am downright jealous that their immediate environment will not shape them, their desire to know and experience more will. Things are easier but the opportunities, if you want to grab them, are limitless.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I keep telling my kids is that they have a huge opportunity to see beyond the local world they are in.

I am downright jealous that their immediate environment will not shape them, their desire to know and experience more will. Things are easier but the opportunities, if you want to grab them, are limitless.

It's a scary but grand opportunity. There's something to "information overload", but kids have the opportunity to understand cultures outside their own more than ever.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I become ruler of the world, the first law I am going to implement is that if you see someone using a selfie stick and you DON'T grab it out of their hands and beat them over the head with it, you go to jail.