• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamie Forzato ‏@jamieforzato
.@GovernorVA on @wtop: "in pursuit of suspect. We know who the suspect is. Believe he was disgruntled employee of TV station."

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just horrible ... and captured on video ... ugh

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is wrong with this country? (Loaded question....)

I have such a sick morbid curiosity that I admittedly watched the video.....horrible.

I initially thought I was watching a report on the incident but it was the footage of the shooting. Its the suddenness that gets me, how a lighthearted moment changes in an instant.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the cameraman is engaged to the producer who was in the control room watching. And today was to be her last day before they moved to Charlotte.

The reporter just moved in with another reporter and he was going to ask her to marry him, and he too was watching.

I am not sure there is anything I could consider more heartbreaking. God fucking dammit.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I initially thought I was watching a report on the incident but it was the footage of the shooting. Its the suddenness that gets me, how a lighthearted moment changes in an instant.

Thank goodness this wasn't one of those R. Budd Dwyer moments....

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness this wasn't one of those R. Budd Dwyer moments....

Ugh just realized this a-hole was wearing a GoPro camera and recorded it....so yes, it was just as bad. My heart hurts for these peoples families and loved ones. This country is a hot mess.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh just realized this a-hole was wearing a GoPro camera and recorded it....so yes, it was just as bad. My heart hurts for these peoples families and loved ones. This country is a hot mess.

He waited nearby until the live interview started, too.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stricter gun control laws.. .

This country needs more of it

I never filled out a gun permit application so I have no clue what's on there. But is there a question on there about being laid off in the past 90 days or so? And as far as references, don't you think it's to the point they should start contacting the applicants employer?

There has to be a way to avoid this crap. I'm sick of reading about it.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need stricter control of marriage...stricter control of birth control and uteri...stricter control of marijuana...what's that? Guns? Those things that kill people? Why in the world would we restrict those?!

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never filled out a gun permit application so I have no clue what's on there. But is there a question on there about being laid off in the past 90 days or so? And as far as references, don't you think it's to the point they should start contacting the applicants employer?

I own guns for hunting purposes. None of them are hand guns. IIRC, I didn't need to fill out much in the way of permit apps. However, they were purchased well over 10 years ago. I'm sure things have changed a lot since then.

IAC, hand guns.. . I just don't see a need for them to be sold to the public, anymore.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I own guns for hunting purposes. None of them are hand guns. IIRC, I didn't need to fill out much in the way of permit apps. However, they were purchased well over 10 years ago. I'm sure things have changed a lot since then.

IAC, hand guns.. . I just don't see a need for them to be sold to the public, anymore.
Depending on where you live, it may have gotten easier actually.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is sickening. My heart hurts.

...and Michael Vick was just signed by the Steelers. So sad.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its out there but 10 years ago the guy was fired from a previous employer for being erratic and threatening his coworkers

on gun permit apps they dont ask about work history or residence history?

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well this raises another question for me. After 10 years, did you have to ever apply for reapplication? Wouldn't it be fair to say that people's mental states have a tendency to change over time?

My grandfather was nothing but a racist and a drunk. When he started answering the door waving his gun at people in his early 70s, it was time that he got put in a home and the guns got taken away. God forbid he would have ever shot someone. My point is, maybe had he had to reapply to own these guns at, say 60, it may have been determined he wasn't of sound mind to own them. We knew he was nuts, but we also knew if we tried to take them away from him, he might go nuts and shoot us.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this raises another question for me. After 10 years, did you have to ever apply for reapplication? Wouldn't it be fair to say that people's mental states have a tendency to change over time?

My grandfather was nothing but a racist and a drunk. When he started answering the door waving his gun at people in his early 70s, it was time that he got put in a home and the guns got taken away. God forbid he would have ever shot someone. My point is, maybe had he had to reapply to own these guns at, say 60, it may have been determined he wasn't of sound mind to own them. We knew he was nuts, but we also knew if we tried to take them away from him, he might go nuts and shoot us.
We've had a similar (but different) issue in NC. I may not get all of the numbers exactly right, but the general concepts are right.

For handguns only (I think) you have to apply for a permit to purchase. The permit is good for 5 years, but only limits your ability to purchase after 5 years. There's no re-assessment for existing handguns. NC also (like most states) limits the ability of certain (primarily violent) felons from owning handguns.

But herein lies the loophole:
- Person applies for handgun permit on day 1 of year 1 (D1Y1) and is approved a short time later. For discussion let's say D30Y1. (whether or not said person actually purchases anything at that time is irrelevant).
- Person commits a violent felony on D45Y1 (handgun not required). Let's say a guy punches his girlfriend/wife.
- Person pleads guilty to violent felony on D90Y1 and is sentenced to 2 years in prison.
- Person is released from prison on D90Y3.

As a result of felony conviction, person is no longer legally allowed to own handguns in NC, but still has a valid permit to purchase and can walk into a store and make a purchase.

Oops.