• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, PA ensures that we're consistently many cents above average.

Yeah, you can send your thank you notes to the PA legislature. Pennsylvania is in the highest 3rd of the country for taxes on gasoline. Although, some of it is going to a good cause, as it's helping to pay for the states dilapidated roads, bridges and highway repairs.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you can send your thank you notes to the PA legislature. Pennsylvania is in the highest 3rd of the country for taxes on gasoline. Although, some of it is going to a good cause, as it's helping to pay for the states dilapidated roads, bridges and highway repairs.

I won't complain too much, it's a tax that affects everyone, not like it's levied specifically at me or something...but it's annoying when I have friends in other states sharing their "LOOK! GAS UNDER $2!" pictures.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't complain too much, it's a tax that affects everyone, not like it's levied specifically at me or something...but it's annoying when I have friends in other states sharing their "LOOK! GAS UNDER $2!" pictures.

If the trend continues in the energy markets (oil is now below the $40 a barrel threshold), PA might just see gas at or near $2.00 a gallon soon.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I am getting laid off from my current job at the end of August (don't worry, have a fancy new one lined up) and I have known this since early February. The structure for my department was the CFO, then my manager, then me and 2 other people. One of those other people went on maternity leave in early May and decided not to come back so I covered her. The other guy quit shortly after that and was never replaced. The CFO was promoted to a new gig in June and my manager quit 3 weeks ago. All of our jobs are being outsourced and it has been up to me to train everyone on my job, both of my co-workers jobs and most of my manager's old duties. I got $0 extra for all of this excess work, I don't have anyone on the premises that I report to but still show up early and dress professionally. I have been Johnny on the spot with any and all questions, I am a model worker.

I called in "sick" on Friday, really I was going to a wedding. I was told by my "new boss" that they would really appreciate if I could please maintain my professionalism during this transition. Go fuck yourself new boss. It reminded me of the scene in the Pacific when all of the soldiers are returning to base after months of brutal warfare and one douche bag officer told a returning soldier to tuck in his shirt.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In Pennsylvania?

Has any road ever actually *been* repaired in Pennsylvania?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when the Dow had dropped over 1,000 points at the opening? It's recovered about 90% in under three hours. This is crazy.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when the Dow had dropped over 1,000 points at the opening? It's recovered about 90% in under three hours. This is crazy.

I saw netflix down 17% at open and now its up 3% :noidea:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stock market roller coaster resembles Kesler crossing the blue line (DJIA down 588 points, TSN down 420 points)

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Pennsylvania?

Has any road ever actually *been* repaired in Pennsylvania?

I'm not sure that any of them has ever actually been finished, but there's work going on constantly.

I hear their state flower is the construction barrel.

It's all true. The roads in PA have to be some of the worst I've seen in this country. It seems like it's always been that way. This past spring I had to replace a wheel from my car that was bent because of how particularly bad the roads are. :pout:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
my daughter: "I have a new favourite band!"
me, with great trepidation: "Oh? who's that?"
kid Fifth Harmony! they were started by the X Factor guy
me: if they don't play instruments, they are not a band
kid: OK, they are my favourite group then *well deserved eyeroll*

so she plays a bunch of this crap over the past 2 days, near as I can tell they have three songs, but they kind of all sound the same, so I am not sure.
I try to be supportive and explain the musical theory behind the name 5th harmony
my wife listens and agrees that it is crap, but suggests listening the the ultimate girls band, the Spice Girls ("Still not a band!" I interject to no avail).
So now the house is a rockin' with the Spice Girls for the past hour.
I'll tell you what i want, what i really really want.... someone to kill me now.

my only hope is to try to shift her to the Runaways.
Does Heart count? the band is half girls, anyways.
equal opportunity! that what I should be preaching.

sigh. I miss that days of "Daddy, can you play the black sabby song about the wizard again?"

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my daughter: "I have a new favourite band!"
me, with great trepidation: "Oh? who's that?"
kid Fifth Harmony! they were started by the X Factor guy
me: if they don't play instruments, they are not a band
kid: OK, they are my favourite group then *well deserved eyeroll*

so she plays a bunch of this crap over the past 2 days, near as I can tell they have three songs, but they kind of all sound the same, so I am not sure.
I try to be supportive and explain the musical theory behind the name 5th harmony
my wife listens and agrees that it is crap, but suggests listening the the ultimate girls band, the Spice Girls ("Still not a band!" I interject to no avail).
So now the house is a rockin' with the Spice Girls for the past hour.
I'll tell you what i want, what i really really want.... someone to kill me now.

my only hope is to try to shift her to the Runaways.
Does Heart count? the band is half girls, anyways.
equal opportunity! that what I should be preaching.

sigh. I miss that days of "Daddy, can you play the black sabby song about the wizard again?"

See also:
Lush
Veruca Salt
Paramore
Joss Stone
Gossip
Melissa Etheridge
Etc.

My 9 year old LOVES Joss Stone.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stock market roller coaster resembles Kesler crossing the blue line (DJIA down 588 points, TSN down 420 points)

So naturally the market bounces back this morning (DJIA up 330 points, TSX up 320 points)

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got my daughter into Jill Sobule. Singer/songwriter for the win.

She is also keenly aware of/disgusted with auto-tune. Me so proud.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby McFerrin is my favorite band.