• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the story that civilian were bringing their guns to help out, and my first thought was "how long until..."

Well if you had "2 days" come up and claim your prize.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole military recruiters should be armed argument is enough to make your head explode.

And I'm not meaning this to start a gun control vs. more guns debate, just the logic of people sometimes and the inability to have a reasonable debate about a topic that people on both sides are passionate about drives me nuts.

One of the main reasons why the 2nd amendment exists (and I don't think anyone debates this topic to any great degree) was to allow citizens to defend themselves against an overreaching government. This is clearly seen in some of the responses to the Jade Helm exercises, where things got so out of control that the Texas governor told the Texas State Guard to monitor the exercises.

Also because of this same concern, there are laws about military personnel being armed while out in public in an official capacity. Which is to say that they are not on a base and they are in uniform performing military work, and not private carrying on their own time. The general idea being to limit the president (as commander in chief of the military) from being able to deploy armed troops on US soil.

But now after the shooting, people are screaming that it's absurd for the military not to be able to arm themselves at the recruiting stations. But imagine the screaming we'd be hearing if there were suddenly a large number of armed soldiers operating on US soil on a daily basis (outside of bases and training exercises).

And to go even a step further, as has been pointed out by various federal officials, many military recruiting centers (including, if I'm not mistaken, one of the two facilities in Chattanooga) are on private property like strip malls. So imagine the conspiracy theories we'd be hearing if there was a presidential order or act of Congress that said all military personnel, regardless of whether they are working on non-government/non public property can be armed, regardless of the wishes of the property owners.

If that were to happen, I think I'd have to start buying shares of Reynolds Wrap because their business would skyrocket.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole military recruiters should be armed argument is enough to make your head explode.

And I'm not meaning this to start a gun control vs. more guns debate, just the logic of people sometimes and the inability to have a reasonable debate about a topic that people on both sides are passionate about drives me nuts.

One of the main reasons why the 2nd amendment exists (and I don't think anyone debates this topic to any great degree) was to allow citizens to defend themselves against an overreaching government. This is clearly seen in some of the responses to the Jade Helm exercises, where things got so out of control that the Texas governor told the Texas State Guard to monitor the exercises.

Also because of this same concern, there are laws about military personnel being armed while out in public in an official capacity. Which is to say that they are not on a base and they are in uniform performing military work, and not private carrying on their own time. The general idea being to limit the president (as commander in chief of the military) from being able to deploy armed troops on US soil.

But now after the shooting, people are screaming that it's absurd for the military not to be able to arm themselves at the recruiting stations. But imagine the screaming we'd be hearing if there were suddenly a large number of armed soldiers operating on US soil on a daily basis (outside of bases and training exercises).

And to go even a step further, as has been pointed out by various federal officials, many military recruiting centers (including, if I'm not mistaken, one of the two facilities in Chattanooga) are on private property like strip malls. So imagine the conspiracy theories we'd be hearing if there was a presidential order or act of Congress that said all military personnel, regardless of whether they are working on non-government/non public property can be armed, regardless of the wishes of the property owners.

If that were to happen, I think I'd have to start buying shares of Reynolds Wrap because their business would skyrocket.
I dunno. It pissed me off to no end when the guard in front of the War Memorial in Ottawa was killed and his rifle was unloaded. Perhaps having one designated armed member at any given time is a decent compromise?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. It pissed me off to no end when the guard in front of the War Memorial in Ottawa was killed and his rifle was unloaded. Perhaps having one designated armed member at any given time is a decent compromise?
That's a very different situation though because that's public/government property.

And we'll not even start on the differences between the US and Canada when it comes to guns :rolleyes2:

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2012-11-24-freddie_mercury_on_stage-533x362.jpg

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, look how cool this guy is! I wonder if he is taking applications for friendship?

Cecil the lion illegally poached by American hunter in Zimbabwe, groups say - CBS News

It appears he was shot with a bow and arrow and then stalked for more than 40 hours before being finished off with a rifle shot.

Super cool!

News-Ted-Nugent-top.jpg

No pics unfortunately - Apparently, it is legal in Ontario to cycle topless.

Apparently, it is legal to do anything anywhere in Ontario topless. I have a friend who works with a view of the Rideau and surrounding parks. He will occasionally send me pictures. No, not of topless women, that would be sick. He sends me pictures of trees and the canal that he takes from his office.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

on this note it drives me nuts that the women who will want to take their fight to parade around topless to the supreme court are the women that i dont want to see topless :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
comeds asked me for a pic, sorry I don't have any of the ladies riding topless, but here's a pic of a mom pushing a baby carriage wearing next to nothing which is driving some people nuts.

tumblr_inline_ns7mcd1TDv1tt6268_500.png

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
comeds asked me for a pic, sorry I don't have any of the ladies riding topless, but here's a pic of a mom pushing a baby carriage wearing next to nothing which is driving some people nuts.

tumblr_inline_ns7mcd1TDv1tt6268_500.png

Thank you my friend!

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got a call from a "Mathew Cook" trying to sell me on "business solutions" but i couldnt get past his obvious mumbai accent :ohwell:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got a call from a "Mathew Cook" trying to sell me on "business solutions" but i couldnt get past his obvious mumbai accent :ohwell:

I don't know...Matthew Cook sounds pretty solid. Not like his name is John Smith or something, right? RIGHT?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know...Matthew Cook sounds pretty solid. Not like his name is John Smith or something, right? RIGHT?

Did he proceed to elbow you in the head when you questioned whether he was for real?

Because I don't know any better way for a Matthew Cook(e) to prove his identity than that.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know, you could pass him off to your Personal Assistant. I could give you a good email address to use.

That's if your personal assistant is not too busy dealing with this Nigerian guy who is trying to transfer money to various bank accounts around the world. Weird, every account he gives her winds up getting shut down shortly thereafter. And the money never gets to him.

Such bad luck.

/the PA is me. Shhhhh.