• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when articles jump to wild conclusions. Like the time that guy tried to punch a horse at the Preakness, news media immediately started alleging alcohol was a factor.

Well then comeds ... Were u drinking?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mongo-punches-horse-o.gif

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Moved into my new house on Tuesday, (still no internet!). My wife had been saying she doesn't like the lawn, so I figure it's a project down the road. Brand new house, brand new lawn, might as well live with it for a while.
I get home Wednesday after work, and the lawn is gone. Excavator sitting in the middle of a dirt yard, half of the trees ripped out.

She don't waste no time, that woman. Our new neughbo(u)rs must thing we're crazy.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moved into my new house on Tuesday, (still no internet!). My wife had been saying she doesn't like the lawn, so I figure it's a project down the road. Brand new house, brand new lawn, might as well live with it for a while.
I get home Wednesday after work, and the lawn is gone. Excavator sitting in the middle of a dirt yard, half of the trees ripped out.

She don't waste no time, that woman. Our new neughbo(u)rs must thing we're crazy.

Wow! Less than 24 hours.
Is she going to put sod down or what? My house was new when I moved into it and to get a decent lawn took a few years. Luckily I don't care so much about that. I think I am the only person on the block that has clover mixed in with the grass.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who make a fix sound easy ...and you know it won't be.

It might be. In my last car when the light came on I could hold down the odometer button as I started the car and it would reset the light.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be. In my last car when the light came on I could hold down the odometer button as I started the car and it would reset the light.

I guess that's the rub. Is the fix just to get the light off or to see what sensor is going off and why.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that's the rub. Is the fix just to get the light off or to see what sensor is going off and why.

Or is it a timed thing? My rule of thumb has always been to turn the light off myself and if it stays off - great. If it comes back on, then obviously something is tripping it and needs to be checked out.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or is it a timed thing? My rule of thumb has always been to turn the light off myself and if it stays off - great. If it comes back on, then obviously something is tripping it and needs to be checked out.

See ..in 2 cars I had that the light came on none of the general reset ever worked. I had to find out what sensor it was and then fix it.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check engine=can't be reset unless fixed
Maintenance Required=timed

At least in my cars. Also it was an oxygen sensor. Also it didn't really affect the trade in value. Luckily Siennas hold their value realllllllly well.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Less than 24 hours.
Is she going to put sod down or what? My house was new when I moved into it and to get a decent lawn took a few years. Luckily I don't care so much about that. I think I am the only person on the block that has clover mixed in with the grass.
As a former seven year vet of the turf sciences, I would have to recommend a nice mix of Kentucky bluegrass, Featherbed bent with some Northern California sensemilia - that would be my lawn of choice.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check engine=can't be reset unless fixed
Maintenance Required=timed

At least in my cars. Also it was an oxygen sensor. Also it didn't really affect the trade in value. Luckily Siennas hold their value realllllllly well.

Ah, the oxygen sensor. That takes me back...

To teaching gen chem...

Last December.

(I've not kept a car long enough to ever have to deal with maintenance. I totaled the only one I had after two months, then a few years later just stopped driving altogether.)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a former seven year vet of the turf sciences, I would have to recommend a nice mix of Kentucky bluegrass, Featherbed bent with some Northern California sensemilia - that would be my lawn of choice.

Not going to fall for that. If I plant California Sensemilia I get the feeling the DEA well show up to take me to the hoosegow! Nice try though! Thanks for the info.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

amzing thing about that grass is that you play 36 holes on it during the day, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus bells that night on the stuff.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that I'll be in Boston 10-13 Sept for a Super Series and Chicago 5-8 Nov for the Bauer World Invitational and of course the Red Sox and Blackhawks will both be out of town those respective weekends!