• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Music Mood Thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this day in 1978, the movie of the same name was released...This is a great tune.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorite bands ever is The Replacements. I recently saw an interview with their singer and Peter Wolf lol and they both looked a thousand years old and sounded like old women. The first 5 minutes of the interview was Westerberg getting the pillows on the couch just right so it didn't hurt his back.

Maybe if they came around doing an paired down or acoustic show I might go, full blown 'rock' show, just couldn't do it.
iirc you werent a fan of grunge ... was Dyslexic Heart the only song you liked on the Singles soundtrack? lol

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iirc you werent a fan of grunge ... was Dyslexic Heart the only song you liked on the Singles soundtrack? lol
No, I think that whole album was pretty good. I also like "Waiting For Somebody" better than that.

I was not a big fan of grunge overall. Nirvana was OK to me, Pearl Jam was OK for a while. Some assorted other bands I liked a bit of, and some big bands I absolutely hated. Didnt hate everyone and all of it, just not a big fan of it.

A lot of it sounded mopey and like it was being played slightly slower than it should to me.

(not that I am claiming any of the stuff I listened to to was any better)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
and Willie Nelson was released this day in 1933
fun fact, WIllie is not short for anything. That's his given name.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the albums "Love" and "Electric" were both incredibly strong.

Somebody in the tweet replies had the audacity to suggest they were a one-hit wonder. I would say this even isn't their best song.

Firewoman
Love Removal Machine

just to name a couple

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the albums "Love" and "Electric" were both incredibly strong.
Sonic Temple was brilliant. But again... Tried to make it big in the time of Nirvana

I played the shit out of this album in my store:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody in the tweet replies had the audacity to suggest they were a one-hit wonder. I would say this even isn't their best song.

Firewoman
Love Removal Machine

just to name a couple

lol. 4 albums in a row went at least Platinum.
Every once in a while XM will have a One Hit Wonder station and I will check whats playing now and then. They always play bands thats that had huge careers but may have only had one top 40 hit. Its annoying, I think one time last summer I heard Depeche Mode's People Are People. Not a one hit wonder and I probably turned to this station to avoid hearing Depech Mode on another station.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, now you've gone and done it @Comeds

Wont even open it. I know people say how grunge took over, and it did here too, but in my area with my friends, and the bars I went to late 80s -early 90s Depeche Mode was king. I'd go to a party and all that would be playing all night was DM. Maybe different CDs, maybe the same one over and over. If I never hear them again I am OK with it.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont even open it. I know people say how grunge took over, and it did here too, but in my area with my friends, and the bars I went to late 80s -early 90s Depeche Mode was king. I'd go to a party and all that would be playing all night was DM. Maybe different CDs, maybe the same one over and over. If I never hear them again I am OK with it.
Classless post lol