• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Massacre at Colorado theater

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you Dane Cook. And I don't drop that word too often. So I really mean it. You're an asshole.
[youtube]KZATGRjj1G4&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did the man own the gun legally? Usually those law-abiding citizens who go through the process of getting their concealed carry license are not the ones who do those things. The law-abiding ones are much more likely to be like the man in Utah who stopped the stabbings.

See gun control doesn't work because criminals don't care about laws. They still get their guns one way or the other. Tighter gun laws usually just put a heavier burden on the law-abiding citizens.

I think a better answer would be to make the penalties for committing a crime with a firearm much tougher as opposed to trying to make it harder for people to get guns.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you Dane Cook. And I don't drop that word too often. So I really mean it. You're an asshole.

Pretty classless in my opinion. It's tough to know when it's too soon and where to draw the line. But I personally draw the line way before this. Sadly, comedians making jokes about other people's tragedies is nothing new. How long did Leno and Letterman wait before they started making OJ Simpson jokes? It seemed like that was half of their material for the next 3 or 4 years beginning immediately after it happened.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the man own the gun legally? Usually those law-abiding citizens who go through the process of getting their concealed carry license are not the ones who do those things. The law-abiding ones are much more likely to be like the man in Utah who stopped the stabbings.

See gun control doesn't work because criminals don't care about laws. They still get their guns one way or the other. Tighter gun laws usually just put a heavier burden on the law-abiding citizens.

I think a better answer would be to make the penalties for committing a crime with a firearm much tougher as opposed to trying to make it harder for people to get guns.

I think that's the best course of action right there. Make the punishment for illegal gun violence, death. Plain and simple. You take a life or attempt to take a life using an illegal firearm, you no longer have a life.

Or you could go with Chris Rock's idea (sorry if this was posted):

[YOUTUBE]OuX-nFmL0II[/YOUTUBE]

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the Dane Cook video, because I find his stand up to be about as funny as jamming a number two pencil up my urethra, but can I assume it had lots of crazy sound effects and wacky made up slang terms?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch the Dane Cook video, because I find his stand up to be about as funny as jamming a number two pencil up my urethra, but can I assume it had lots of crazy sound effects and wacky made up slang terms?

His joke was basically the movie was so bad somebody in the theater probably said " ugh shoot me".

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Punish people proportionately for misbehaving?

That's just crazy enough to work.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Aurora shooter's guns were all obtained legally.

I agree with this. This includes accidental deaths from legal gun owners who are too irresponsible to learn proper gun safety and storage who end up allowing innocent kids to get their hands on them and blood on their hands.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never thought Dane Cook was funny...now he's an asshole too..he's an unfunny asshole...not a good combo...I know sometimes it's funny to say "to soon?"..but that was just ridiculous.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, there are certain situations in which too soon is never reached. Ever. Making fun of Michael Jackson? Okay, that's fine. The guy died, but it wasn't some brutal murder. Making fun of a dozen innocent people who were brutally murdered a week ago? Yeah. No.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was too soon in that, maybe if he would have waited a little longer he could have come up with an actual joke.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the sheep laughed in the audience. they liked it. what a society we live in. would love for Dane Cook to meet the parents or siblings or spouses of those that died and of anyone who lived.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the obvious that was wrong with that joke, wasn't the Batman movie actually quite good? I'm not a big Batman fan so I haven't seen it but everyone I know that saw it thinks it was great. It almost seems like he went out of his way and made up the part about the movie sucking just so he could throw that joke in there.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is I don't even find this joke remotely funny and I'm not just saying that due to the poor taste aspect of it. Usually if a joke is in poor taste I can at least acknoweldge the humour of it (and feel like an asshole for being able to do so), but there is nothing at clever about this joke in my opinion.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is I don't even find this joke remotely funny and I'm not just saying that due to the poor taste aspect of it. Usually if a joke is in poor taste I can at least acknoweldge the humour of it (and feel like an asshole for being able to do so), but there is nothing at clever about this joke in my opinion.

I agree and it's disappointing that he got a " ha ha " response from the idiots in the audience.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was definitely more pissed with the lemmings in the audience who WHOOPED it. Plenty of groans, hesitant laughs, but WHOOPING? CHEERING IT?