• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Massacre at Colorado theater

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the theater has a no firearms policy and he brings it in anyhow, that alone would be arrestable, no?

(Note that it doesn't say that in the article, but movie theaters often have something to that effect posted.)

If a buisness chooses to post a sign saying no firearms allowed then no firearms are allowed. So yes arrestable but I would bet the theater does not have any signs. Not many do.

Walmart used to do it some time ago.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a buisness chooses to post a sign saying no firearms allowed then no firearms are allowed. So yes arrestable but I would bet the theater does not have any signs. Not many do.

Walmart used to do it some time ago.

Must be a regional thing based on the laws of the specific state, because there are a lot of those types of signs around Charlotte.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, my bad, it's a completely seperate permit. I imagine it is extremely hard to get an open carry permit. I have my concealed carry permit.

Actually that is not entirely accurate.

If you have a Massachusetts License to Carry-Class A, you may carry concealed and loaded (assuming your local chief didn't add any conflicting restrictions to your license). If the firearm becomes visible in any way, or if somebody even thinks that they've seen it, your licensing authority may revoke your license and you could even be charged with criminal assault. Though open carry may not be explicitly illegal, it is not a practical option.

Basically if you open carry some yahoo is gonna call the police crying "man with a gun" while you wait in line at Dunkins for a java. 10 cops are gonna show up and lock the place down to make sure the "threat" is defused. That is when the Chief is gonna yank your LTC cause you just created a incident. Even though you did not do anything wrong you created a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that is not entirely accurate.

If you have a Massachusetts License to Carry-Class A, you may carry concealed and loaded (assuming your local chief didn't add any conflicting restrictions to your license). If the firearm becomes visible in any way, or if somebody even thinks that they've seen it, your licensing authority may revoke your license and you could even be charged with criminal assault. Though open carry may not be explicitly illegal, it is not a practical option.

Basically if you open carry some yahoo is gonna call the police crying "man with a gun" while you wait in line at Dunkins for a java. 10 cops are gonna show up and lock the place down to make sure the "threat" is defused. That is when the Chief is gonna yank your LTC cause you just created a incident. Even though you did not do anything wrong you created a problem.

Interesting read. Thanks.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed. Disturbing may not fully qualify for me. I say flat out fucking nutbag.

yeah thats nuts. he was released with a legal promise to um stay off the internet. hope they gave him a pysch test fuck I dont know what you can really do to know if he would go through with it but he has to see a shrink. why do I get the feeling we will see this guy in the press again before long

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah thats nuts. he was released with a legal promise to um stay off the internet

Great...So correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way they averted this tragedy was because he had access to wait for it...the internet and now they have ordered him to steer clear of the interweb. Talk about nuts.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Do you promise not to do what you said you were going to do, and also avoid the internet?"

"Ok"

"Alright, see you next week."

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That facebook death threat dude had bail posted by his mom

Just about says it all right there

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to live a block away from Nose Hill park - The only thing that scared me in that park were coyotes.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to live a block away from Nose Hill park - The only thing that scared me in that park were coyotes.

i lived a block away as well in Huntingon Hills (hunterbrooke drive)

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at that hashtag i learned

Kalamazoo population 75k = 14 murders in 2010
Calgary population 1.1 million = 15 murders in 2010

U win kalamazoo!

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe cop thought the two dudes were gonna make him pull a chuckwagon :noidea:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That letter was sad. What an idiot.

But what seemed even more offensive to me is that a writer at a newspaper took the words of ONE American to making sweeping generalizations about America and some pathetic editor let it go through. Lines such as..."so ingrained in Americans that they can’t leave it at home when they visit another country", "Americans argue that they need to carry guns, because having a concealed weapon makes them feel safe, ""Their thinking seems to be that at any given moment, they could be under attack from the very next person they meet on the street."

All those things are relevant to the guy who wrote the letter, not ALL Americans.

So, yeah, that police office is an overly concerned weirdo. But he doesn't have a responsiblity to censor himself or decide if he should publish something. The newspaper does. I can only assume from the article that all Americans news writers living in Canada are idiots.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That letter was sad. What an idiot.

But what seemed even more offensive to me is that a writer at a newspaper took the words of ONE American to making sweeping generalizations about America and some pathetic editor let it go through. Lines such as..."so ingrained in Americans that they can’t leave it at home when they visit another country", "Americans argue that they need to carry guns, because having a concealed weapon makes them feel safe, ""Their thinking seems to be that at any given moment, they could be under attack from the very next person they meet on the street."

All those things are relevant to the guy who wrote the letter, not ALL Americans.

So, yeah, that police office is an overly concerned weirdo. But he doesn't have a responsiblity to censor himself or decide if he should publish something. The newspaper does. I can only assume from the article that all Americans news writers living in Canada are idiots.

Meh ... Its an op-ed piece