• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Massacre at Colorado theater

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I recall correctly, Holmes propped the emergency door open in order to re-enter the theatre through the same emergency door. Maybe if you had a system that triggered a silent alarm if any emergency door was opened for more than five seconds (at least it would hopefully register with at least one theatre employee). I don't know what you would do at the end of movies when people are constantly exiting the theatre via emergency doors, though.

/Of course, it would be great if people would only use emergency exits in an actual emergency, but we know that doesn't happen.

Is there some regulation that states there has to be an alarm? I know of plenty of buildings that don't have triggered emergency exits.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am so fixed on this. If that was my son who threw his GF to the floor and layed on her to protect her I would be the proudest and saddest Dad in the world.

Proud that he took the "when someones daughter is in your care you are responsible for her safety" that is your job as a man.

Sad...cause my kid died doing him what I taught him to do.

No shit this stuff brings tears to my eyes as I type this reply. God bless those families each and every one of them.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there some regulation that states there has to be an alarm? I know of plenty of buildings that don't have triggered emergency exits.

Hotels especially. I know this because of how often I have to go down a flight of steps to get to an ice machine that actually produces ice. :L

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't going to post this, but... ugh, I have to. Somebody needs to be the "asshole" here and tell this guy it's not Warner Brother's fault, nor is it the theater's fault that this happened. Sometimes in life, be it a minor inconvenience or a massive tragedy, stuff just HAPPENS, and you have to deal with it without suing. There's only ONE person responsible for what happened in Aurora, and he's going to get his.

Don't think you're the "asshole" at all. We can't have security guards at every entrance to any building, park, store, gym, skating rink, or restaurant around the country. They are places frequented by the public. There are risks to living in a society, but they are mostly joys. There are almost 40,000 movie screens in the U.S. playing shows safely every day. Can't let the psychos dictate how the world is run. I don't fault the family suing with this having happened so recently, but god damn. Frickin' lawyers.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another reason why it's a bad idea to yell "fire" in a crowded theater. Perhaps the gunman just misunderstood.

/get it?

//too soon?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another reason why it's a bad idea to yell "fire" in a crowded theater. Perhaps the gunman just misunderstood.

/get it?

//too soon?

I do not know if its too soon or not, but two out the first three thoughts in my head when I first read the news a week ago this time were joke type thoughts. The first being shock-horror-sadness. The second being about Fred Willard really knowing how to create a diversion and third about Marvel Comics really not wanting The Avengers to be overtaken. Once something like that sinks in I do not find it funny, but almost anything awful I hear I tend to look for a joke right away. I am sure its a defense mechanism and that a shrink could have a field day with me. I am better at filtering myself now than I was 10 years ago.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you were funnier 10 years ago.

:)

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I didn't think of any jokes regarding this tragedy until I started reading this thread.

...yeah, not worth much.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on the radio last night that NFL wide receiver Steve Smith is donating $100,000 towards survivors of the Aurora theatre shooting. Golf clap for Steve.

wow. that is great. hollywood should step up next.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. that is great. hollywood should step up next.

Read/heard somewhere that they have... WB and others donated quite a bit towards all the hospital bills already...

Also, can't find story but hospital is also eating a lot of the cost themselves.

I know it won't be enough but it's good to see coming in from everywhere.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read/heard somewhere that they have... WB and others donated quite a bit towards all the hospital bills already...

Also, can't find story but hospital is also eating a lot of the cost themselves.

I know it won't be enough but it's good to see coming in from everywhere.

Yep. They are absorbing most, if not all, of the victims hospital bills.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they get help, they do not deserve large medical bills on top of everything else.