• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Massacre at Colorado theater

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already stated I misused "restriction", I meant have my right to bear arms completely taken away.

Yeah, I don't disagree with that. In Eloco's world, guns would be allowed but must be kept at home. You could purchase shotguns, hunting rifles, and handguns, but no assault weapons, automatic weapons, gernades, etc. And the gov't would run a campaign called "Guns are for P*ssies!" to encourge hand-to-hand combat and/or competitive dance competitions to settle disputes and turf wars.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't disagree with that. In Eloco's world, guns would be allowed but must be kept at home. You could purchase shotguns, hunting rifles, and handguns, but no assault weapons, automatic weapons, gernades, etc. And the gov't would run a campaign called "Guns are for P*ssies!" to encourge hand-to-hand combat and/or competitive dance competitions to settle disputes and turf wars.

lol, what I would give to have every gun, bomb and nuclear matter vanished from this planet. I would love to go back to hand2hand combat, swords and bows.

edit: :nerd:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm like a militant hippy. I'm all for peace and shit... But so long as criminals and the like can acquire firearms, I will keep myself and my home armed.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, what I would give to have every gun, bomb and nuclear matter vanished from this planet. I would love to go back to hand2hand combat, swords and bows.

And dance competitions. Don't forget about them.

I'm like a militant hippy. I'm all for peace and shit... But so long as criminals and the like can acquire firearms, I will keep myself and my home armed.

Me too. My 1983 Orioles' World Champions souvenir wooden bat lays beneath my bed every night. Which would be especially funny if the intruder was a Phillies' fan.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And dance competitions. Don't forget about them.

Me too. My 1983 Orioles' World Champions souvenir wooden bat lays beneath my bed every night. Which would be especially funny if the intruder was a Phillies' fan.

talk about a role reversal in terms of affirmative action

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have a crossbow. There are holes the size of #2 pencils in my wall.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sleep with my softball bat under the bed. Good ol' Synergy.

Anyway, to put this in perspective RE: America Going to Hell article, how much have the media ignored Syria relative to this tragedy? Geez, estimated a near 20K killed in the past month. It's our perspective. Don't get me wrong, my heart aches for the Colorado community, but it hurts as well for those being murdered for politics.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but again. How much of this happens every weekend and it's just not reported? The media is linking all this together because there is a story and they are trying to stretch it out. Overall, you have...

-One crazy guy with who owns tons of guns who saw the movie, had a gun on him, and who didn't actually hurt anybody
-An exit door that was left open that people overreacted to
-A fight at a movie theater
-A drunk guy yelling and carrying on
-Some idiot who decided to yell something in the theater to scare people

That doesn't sound like anything that wouldn't happen in any given American weekend out of 10s of thousands of movie theaters. I bet there hundreds if not thousands of people with a gun watching at this very moment. Nobody was even hurt in any of these incidents... well, maybe whoever lost that fight in Pittsburgh.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a crossbow. There are holes the size of #2 pencils in my wall.

my dad was a big example of "america gone wrong" as I was growing up

my godfather gave me a bow and arrow when i was 8 and im not talking a kiddie bow and arrow from the dollar store ... actual hunting gear ... bow was bigger than me ... I think i shot it once and my dad made the arrows mysteriously disappear :noidea:

also had a dartboard but dad took away the darts after we destroyed the wayne gretzky poster (and the wall) ... left the dart board hanging up as a reminder though

dad probably saved my (and other peoples) life with those 2 moves but dude ruined all my fun :(

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...thread pissed all over.....

Yes and I am sorry for that. I am pretty passionate about my rights and beliefs. I feel I shit on this thread that Mattola was making and I apologize to him for that. I wont apologize for my beliefs. I also will not debate it anymore.

I actually would love to have all of us sitting around a table having a few beers and discussing this as adults. I bet that we would all find that we have a lot more common ground then we think. The internet and forums give you this fake identity and the right to hammer away at anyone at anytime and that is unfortunate.

I believe that the majority of posters on this site are good, hard working, honest people. We all have our own views and sometimes that gets thrown to the wind in a disagreement.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't going to post this, but... ugh, I have to. Somebody needs to be the "asshole" here and tell this guy it's not Warner Brother's fault, nor is it the theater's fault that this happened. Sometimes in life, be it a minor inconvenience or a massive tragedy, stuff just HAPPENS, and you have to deal with it without suing. There's only ONE person responsible for what happened in Aurora, and he's going to get his.

In wake of tragedy, lawyers step in: Colorado shooting survivor plans suit, says publicist | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Torrence Brown Jr., one of the Aurora movie shooting survivors, is planning on suing the theater, confirmed his family's publicist on Wednesday. "We're going to make sure whoever is accountable is going to take responsibility for this tragedy," Cassandra Williams of Wet PR said. She said that Brown, who was friends with 18-year-old AJ Boik, one of the shooting victims, is handling the criticism his suit has sparked. "We know it goes with the territory, so he's fine," Williams said. She added that Brown, 18, is seeking therapy and is emotionally distraught after the shooting.

Brown's attorney Don Karpel told TMZ he plans to sue the Century 16 theater, which is owned by Cinemark, for having an exit door that was not equipped with an alarm or guarded. (Holmes reportedly left the theater through the exit door, propped it open and returned with his weapons.) Karpel also said he may sue Warner Bros for releasing violent movies that may have inspired the shooter, as well as the suspect's doctors, if he had any, for hypothetically not monitoring James Holmes' mental condition properly.

1. Like I said, we know exactly who is accountable for this tragedy. He will be held accountable, either by spending his life in prison or by being put to death. Going after the theater or movie studio trivializes his role and makes a mockery of the horrible event.

2. Every damn theater door in the country is left open, without an alarm. That's because in every damn theater in the country, people walk out those doors to get to their cars quicker. Do you really think if the door was locked, Holmes would have just given up? "Oh well, fuck it, it was worth a try". Is every unlocked door in the country now a lawsuit waiting to happen?

3. You are going to sue the studio that made the movie that YOU were in attendance to see? On opening day? :facepalm:

4. Ah yes, the doctors. Great, that's what I need. Every doctor in the country terrified of getting sued if one of their patients goes ballistic. Now every doctor, shrink, and guidance counselor is going to be committing everyone who walks in their doors.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have to agree with you on this Eddie.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That...is incredibly horrible. And he'll get his money too, because no one will have the audacity to say no. Silly.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Every damn theater door in the country is left open, without an alarm. That's because in every damn theater in the country, people walk out those doors to get to their cars quicker. Do you really think if the door was locked, Holmes would have just given up? "Oh well, fuck it, it was worth a try". Is every unlocked door in the country now a lawsuit waiting to happen?

If I recall correctly, Holmes propped the emergency door open in order to re-enter the theatre through the same emergency door. Maybe if you had a system that triggered a silent alarm if any emergency door was opened for more than five seconds (at least it would hopefully register with at least one theatre employee). I don't know what you would do at the end of movies when people are constantly exiting the theatre via emergency doors, though.

/Of course, it would be great if people would only use emergency exits in an actual emergency, but we know that doesn't happen.