• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Jonathan Martin checked into looney bin

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two more thoughts:

First, this friend in my hypo would obviously be saying something to Cooper because he was white. For that matter, we are discussing what Cooper said because he's white, so we're apparently racist, too. Look, if you're conceding that the word has different significance because Cooper is white, literally anyone who took any action based on what he said is, but your definition, racist.

Second, I caught Cooper's game - or at least am aware of the result. One good game hardly makes him the better player. Cooper is below 30 yards in 2/3 of his starts this year, with only one TD in those six games. As said, he's a borderline #2 WR. Williams certainly isn't an elite CB, but he's a legit starting caliber player. Cooper would be better off as a third receiver.

Is it me? Because I'm not understanding our point here at all. One can have a discussion about race without being racist.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two more thoughts:

First, this friend in my hypo would obviously be saying something to Cooper because he was white. For that matter, we are discussing what Cooper said because he's white, so we're apparently racist, too. Look, if you're conceding that the word has different significance because Cooper is white, literally anyone who took any action based on what he said is, but your definition, racist.

Second, I caught Cooper's game - or at least am aware of the result. One good game hardly makes him the better player. Cooper is below 30 yards in 2/3 of his starts this year, with only one TD in those six games. As said, he's a borderline #2 WR. Williams certainly isn't an elite CB, but he's a legit starting caliber player. Cooper would be better off as a third receiver.

That's relative. If he played for the 49ers his 5 touchdown catches would put him more than double the output of any other 49er wide receiver.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is it me? Because I'm not understanding our point here at all. One can have a discussion about race without being racist.

Look, it's really pretty simple. You said, "Any time race is involved in a decision or action, it is by definiton [sic] racist." We are talking about what Cooper said. We are doing so because he is white. Thus we are taking action, and race is involved in our decision to take that action. Ergo, we are racist.

But stick with my hypo if it's easier to wrap your head around it. Based on your definition, how is what Williams did different from what a white friend of Cooper's likely did following his statements? At least in terms of it racist-ness.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, it's really pretty simple. You said, "Any time race is involved in a decision or action, it is by definiton [sic] racist." We are talking about what Cooper said. We are doing so because he is white. Thus we are taking action, and race is involved in our decision to take that action. Ergo, we are racist.

But stick with my hypo if it's easier to wrap your head around it. Based on your definition, how is what Williams did different from what a white friend of Cooper's likely did following his statements? At least in terms of it racist-ness.

Ah, I see, its not me, its you. That's some of the most skewed logic I have ever heard. No wonder I was confused.
As for your second question, they differ in that Williams attacked Cooper because he is white and said what he said at the concert. In your hypo Cooper's friend and he are having a discussion about race and We've already established the fact that people can have a discussion about race without it being racist.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ah, I see, its not me, its you. That's some of the most skewed logic I have ever heard. No wonder I was confused.
As for your second question, they differ in that Williams attacked Cooper because he is white and said what he said at the concert. In your hypo Cooper's friend and he are having a discussion about race and We've already established the fact that people can have a discussion about race without it being racist.

It's your logic, it's simply taken to an extreme. I agree it's skewed. I believe I've been saying that all along.

And you said take action. Initiating a conversation with someone about their racist statement is taking action. Perhaps you want to revisit your definition of racism?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's your logic, it's simply taken to an extreme. I agree it's skewed. I believe I've been saying that all along.

And you said take action. Initiating a conversation with someone about their racist statement is taking action. Perhaps you want to revisit your definition of racism?[/QUOTE]

I don't. You freely admitted your argument above is taken to the extreme and skewed. And, once again, we've established already that a discussion about racism is not racist in itself.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

And you said take action. Initiating a conversation with someone about their racist statement is taking action. Perhaps you want to revisit your definition of racism?[/QUOTE]

I don't. You freely admitted your argument above is taken to the extreme and skewed. And, once again, we've established already that a discussion about racism is not racist in itself.

No, I said the example of us speaking about the case demonstrates your logic taken to the extreme. The skewed part comes from the initial position that you took.

My hypo isn't taken to an extreme at all. How is someone telling Cooper to apologize, for instance, not taking action? Again, this is your definition of racism. Either revise it or admit that it can't hold up to any level of scrutiny whatsoever.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I said the example of us speaking about the case demonstrates your logic taken to the extreme. The skewed part comes from the initial position that you took.
My hypo isn't taken to an extreme at all. How is someone telling Cooper to apologize, for instance, not taking action? Again, this is your definition of racism. Either revise it or admit that it can't hold up to any level of scrutiny whatsoever.

What? My initial position was that Williams' actions were racially motivated. That is undeniable; it cannot be argued. For you to continually try brings your comprehension skill into question. Your repeated nonsense about revising my definition of racism because Cooper had a hypo discussion with his friend about race does not get any less absurd with reptition. It holds up just fine to any rational type of scrutiny. It does not hold up to scrutiny that defies rational thinking.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? My initial position was that Williams' actions were racially motivated. That is undeniable; it cannot be argued. For you to continually try brings your comprehension skill into question. Your repeated nonsense about revising my definition of racism because Cooper had a hypo discussion with his friend about race does not get any less absurd with reptition. It holds up just fine to any rational type of scrutiny. It does not hold up to scrutiny that defies rational thinking.

Only problem was Williams' actions were not racially motivated. They were motivated by a racist dipshit, but that doesn't mean Cooper's race had anything to do with it.

Williams went after Cooper because he said something that offended him. It had nothing to do with Cooper's race.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The friend in the hypo would be motivated by the same things that Williams was, he just expresses himself differently.

But whatever. You've never been consistent, you're just trying to find borderline coherent ways to push your silly agenda. You're well across the line into incoherence here.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The friend in the hypo would be motivated by the same things that Williams was, he just expresses himself differently.

But whatever. You've never been consistent, you're just trying to find borderline coherent ways to push your silly agenda. You're well across the line into incoherence here.

You can keep repeatng the same nonsense and I can keep shooting it down with the same logical explanation but are we getting anywhere?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You can keep repeatng the same nonsense and I can keep shooting it down with the same logical explanation but are we getting anywhere?

The nonsense stems entirely from you. Your position on what racism is can't withstand any level of scrutiny. It's what I said immediately, but I wanted to see where this road would lead. As expected, you lost control and crashed almost immediately.

Sorry to drag this out. I find this kind of stuff amusing sometimes. Particularly your efforts to avoid acknowledging the sheer idiocy of your statements. Great fun for me, but reflecting on it now, maybe it is a form of bullying. Lord knows you've shown yourself to be helpless in the context of this conversation.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The nonsense stems entirely from you. Your position on what racism is can't withstand any level of scrutiny. It's what I said immediately, but I wanted to see where this road would lead. As expected, you lost control and crashed almost immediately.

Sorry to drag this out. I find this kind of stuff amusing sometimes. Particularly your efforts to avoid acknowledging the sheer idiocy of your statements. Great fun for me, but reflecting on it now, maybe it is a form of bullying. Lord knows you've shown yourself to be helpless in the context of this conversation.

On the contrary. My position on this particular instance of racism is unassailable. It is well thought out and has been rationally explained. Your position, on the other hand, is absurd. Cooper and his friend discussing a racial issue is an instance of racism? Its almost too silly to comment on. I'm flabbergasted and embarrassed for you that you continue in this vein. I guess its true what they say that race is one of the three topics that some cannot speak rationally about.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
On the contrary. My position on this particular instance of racism is unassailable. It is well thought out and has been rationally explained. Your position, on the other hand, is absurd. Cooper and his friend discussing a racial issue is an instance of racism? Its almost too silly to comment on. I'm flabbergasted and embarrassed for you that you continue in this vein. I guess its true what they say that race is one of the three topics that some cannot speak rationally about.

Any time race is involved in a decision or action, it is by definiton racist.

I am simply applying the definition you provided to slightly changed circumstances. I agree the position you have taken in this thread is absurd.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any time race is involved in a decision or action, it is by definiton racist.

I am simply applying the definition you provided to slightly changed circumstances. I agree the position you have taken in this thread is absurd.

That is, and will continue to be, my stance. No amount of doublespeak and ridiculous scenarios of yours can change that. For a guy who generally seems pretty smart you seem to be paticularly obtuse concerning this issue. I suspect you are doing this intentionally.