• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Jonathan Martin checked into looney bin

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. You are thinking like a black person in that the only racism is directed against them. There are many, many other examples of racism. I still say that any conscious decision made where race is a factor is inherently racist. Giving advantages to prospective Connecticut Fire chiefs who can't compete on equal ground with their white counterparts is racist. Not only wre Cooper's words racist but Williams punching a white dude because he is white for something he said to another person is racist.

:laugh3:

And you are going to tell us what is racist and what isn't? Sorry, bruh, but you are a little too old and too out of touch for this argument.[/QUOTE]

You got me there.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know what your point is

Cooper said something racist about a group of people that Williams is a part of and Williams punched him because of that. How does that make Williams racist?

Simple. Because he would not have punched a black player who said it. He punched Cooper because Cooper is white and said it. But you could be right that part of it was he didn't like Cooper being better than him and dominating him in practice.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple. Because he would not have punched a black player who said it. He punched Cooper because Cooper is white and said it. But you could be right that part of it was he didn't like Cooper being better than him and dominating him in practice.

When did I say anything about Cooper dominating him in practice?

Maybe he would not punch a black player who used the same word because the black player wouldn't be using it in a racist way.

He punched Cooper for being racist, not for being a white racist.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say anything about Cooper dominating him in practice?

Maybe he would not punch a black player who used the same word because the black player wouldn't be using it in a racist way.

He punched Cooper for being racist, not for being a white racist.

Well, you could be right and I could be wrong. Boy, wouldn't that be a switch?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you could be right and I could be wrong. Boy, wouldn't that be a switch?

Again, I'm not clear on what you're saying here. Are you giving up the ridiculous "Williams was doing something racist by punching Cooper" argument? Did I actually get you to give up on your racist grandpa schtick in this argument?

If so I'm going to give myself a fucking cookie

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf did I just walk into? I'll chime in: the "N" word should never be used by anyone, for any reason, period. The end.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I'm not clear on what you're saying here. Are you giving up the ridiculous "Williams was doing something racist by punching Cooper" argument? Did I actually get you to give up on your racist grandpa schtick in this argument?

If so I'm going to give myself a fucking cookie

I believe Wiliams' attack was racially motivated and you believe it wasn't. I'm more than likely correct but you could be.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Two thoughts here.

First, you have already conceded that the word has a different significance when white people use it than when black people do. Based on your definition of "racist," anyone who took any action based on Cooper's statement would be racist. If his white teammate and best friend (I don't know who that is, just a hypo here) sat him down and said, "Hey man, that's not cool and it's hurtful to our other teammates," that guy would be racist according to your definition of the term. That's ridiculous.

Second, Williams is pretty clearly the more accomplished player, at least to date. Cooper is a borderline #2 WR.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two thoughts here.

First, you have already conceded that the word has a different significance when white people use it than when black people do. Based on your definition of "racist," anyone who took any action based on Cooper's statement would be racist. If his white teammate and best friend (I don't know who that is, just a hypo here) sat him down and said, "Hey man, that's not cool and it's hurtful to our other teammates," that guy would be racist according to your definition of the term. That's ridiculous.

Second, Williams is pretty clearly the more accomplished player, at least to date. Cooper is a borderline #2 WR.

No. Based on my definition any person who took action because Cooper is white and made the statement he made was racially motivated. As far as Williams being the more accomplished player, you must have missed Cooper's dominating three touchdown catch performance against the raiders last week.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two thoughts here.

I have. Cooper made a racist statement. Williams took action that was racially motivated.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Based on my definition any person who took action because Cooper is white and made the statement he made was racially motivated. As far as Williams being the more accomplished player, you must have missed Cooper's dominating three touchdown catch performance against the raiders last week.

And by that logic Kap dominated the Packers so clearly he is a good, established player and is not worthy of all your criticism.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Two more thoughts:

First, this friend in my hypo would obviously be saying something to Cooper because he was white. For that matter, we are discussing what Cooper said because he's white, so we're apparently racist, too. Look, if you're conceding that the word has different significance because Cooper is white, literally anyone who took any action based on what he said is, but your definition, racist.

Second, I caught Cooper's game - or at least am aware of the result. One good game hardly makes him the better player. Cooper is below 30 yards in 2/3 of his starts this year, with only one TD in those six games. As said, he's a borderline #2 WR. Williams certainly isn't an elite CB, but he's a legit starting caliber player. Cooper would be better off as a third receiver.