• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Jonathan Martin checked into looney bin

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love backwards internet tough guys who make crazy claims about how they would shoot people to defend themselves and blah blah blah. I usually call bullshit on these people, half the time they would piss themselves and hide in a corner. The internet is such a great place to try to create a fake persona.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Martin should have fought him in the clubhouse where things couldn't escalate too far but where he would gain the respect of his teammates.

Didn't you call Cary Williams a thug when he fought Riley Cooper at practice? Is there really such a great difference between that and what you're proposing Martin should have done? Cooper's bullying wasn't directed at Williams specifically, at least so far as we know, but that case still boiled down to Williams taking on a bully.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love backwards internet tough guys who make crazy claims about how they would shoot people to defend themselves and blah blah blah. I usually call bullshit on these people, half the time they would piss themselves and hide in a corner. The internet is such a great place to try to create a fake persona.

LOl! Pot, meet Kettle. I'll never forget your little tale of slamming nerds into lockers as member of your high school football team. I remember thinking "this guy must be a real asshole to think anyone would think that was cool."

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you call Cary Williams a thug when he fought Riley Cooper at practice? Is there really such a great difference between that and what you're proposing Martin should have done? Cooper's bullying wasn't directed at Williams specifically, at least so far as we know, but that case still boiled down to Williams taking on a bully.

I have more respect for Williams than martin. Williams may be a racist but at least he's not a coward.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have more respect for Williams than martin. Williams may be a racist but at least he's not a coward.

Wait, what? Williams is racist? Where did that come from? Not saying he's not, I just don't recall hearing anything remotely like that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, what? Williams is racist? Where did that come from? Not saying he's not, I just don't recall hearing anything remotely like that.

His attack on Cooper was racially motivated, was it not?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
His attack on Cooper was racially motivated, was it not?

Seriously? This is the most backward logic I've ever seen, even from you. Fighting someone for using a racial slur is not the same as fighting them because you are racist. Williams presumably fought Cooper because Cooper used the slur, not because he was white.

Though let me guess, in Toby world, the North was the racist side in the Civil War, right? Or should I say the War of Northern Aggression?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? This is the most backward logic I've ever seen, even from you. Fighting someone for using a racial slur is not the same as fighting them because you are racist. Williams presumably fought Cooper because Cooper used the slur, not because he was white.
Though let me guess, in Toby world, the North was the racist side in the Civil War, right? Or should I say the War of Northern Aggression?

So if Cooper was black and used that term, would Williams have attacked him? Like it or not, he attacked Cooper because he is white and used the term. Any time race is involved in a decision or action, it is by definiton racist.

Now, I don't blame Williams for being pissed but to say his attack was not racially motivated was silly. He could be heard saying "C'mon, call this ****er a ****er" or something to that effect.

As for the South's assertion that they fought for their freedom and indiviual rights; I've always thought that was absurd. How do you fight for your freedom and individual rights when your country is built on denying those things to others? It rings hollow.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So if Cooper was black and used that term, would Williams have attacked him? Like it or not, he attacked Cooper because he is white and used the term. Any time race is involved in a decision or action, it is by definiton racist.

Now, I don't blame Williams for being pissed but to say his attack was not racially motivated was silly. He could be heard saying "C'mon, call this ****er a ****er" or something to that effect.

As for the South's assertion that they fought for their freedom and indiviual rights; I've always thought that was absurd. How do you fight for your freedom and individual rights when your country is built on denying those things to others? It rings hollow.

It's an interesting argument, even as it's total and complete bullshit.

If a black person used the term in the manner that Cooper did, I think there's a possibility of Williams would have reacted the same way. Though I don't know that a black person can instill as much vitriol in the word as Cooper did simply by saying it. You may feel that's "unfair," but it's also undoubtedly true.

Regardless, although there's little doubt Williams hit Cooper because Cooper used that word the way he did, there's no way you can prove that Williams attacked solely because Cooper was white.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an interesting argument, even as it's total and complete bullshit.

If a black person used the term in the manner that Cooper did, I think there's a possibility of Williams would have reacted the same way. Though I don't know that a black person can instill as much vitriol in the word as Cooper did simply by saying it. You may feel that's "unfair," but it's also undoubtedly true.

Regardless, although there's little doubt Williams hit Cooper because Cooper used that word the way he did, there's no way you can prove that Williams attacked solely because Cooper was white.

Uh uh. No way. Its much, much worse coming from a white person than from another black person. I don't think its unfair at all. It doesn't matter what black people call each other, Cooper was 100% wrong to use that term, no doubt about it.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Uh uh. No way. Its much, much worse coming from a white person than from another black person. I don't think its unfair at all. It doesn't matter what black people call each other, Cooper was 100% wrong to use that term, no doubt about it.

Exactly. Which undermines your point. If the word is inherently different depending on the race that uses it, the fact that Cooper is white is largely incidental.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Which undermines your point. If the word is inherently different depending on the race that uses it, the fact that Cooper is white is largely incidental.

Quite the opposite. It is the fact that Cooper is white and used the word, and solely for that reason, that Williams was so upset.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to commend Crimson for sticking to this discussion because Toby is making less sense than ever on this one.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Quite the opposite. It is the fact that Cooper is white and used the word, and solely for that reason, that Williams was so upset.

Yes, but you just acknowledged that it is worse for a white person to use it. You are white. I am white and I agree. Does that make us racist?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but you just acknowledged that it is worse for a white person to use it. You are white. I am white and I agree. Does that make us racist?[/QUOTE]

Depends. You are thinking like a black person in that the only racism is directed against them. There are many, many other examples of racism. I still say that any conscious decision made where race is a factor is inherently racist. Giving advantages to prospective Connecticut Fire chiefs who can't compete on equal ground with their white counterparts is racist. Not only wre Cooper's words racist but Williams punching a white dude because he is white for something he said to another person is racist.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And any Jews that went after Hitler were also racists, right?

How so? They weren't angry at Hitler because he was white and did what he did, they were angry because he did what he did. Hitler was caucasian just like most of the jews he persecuted.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends. You are thinking like a black person in that the only racism is directed against them. There are many, many other examples of racism. I still say that any conscious decision made where race is a factor is inherently racist. Giving advantages to prospective Connecticut Fire chiefs who can't compete on equal ground with their white counterparts is racist. Not only wre Cooper's words racist but Williams punching a white dude because he is white for something he said to another person is racist.[/QUOTE]

:laugh3:

And you are going to tell us what is racist and what isn't? Sorry, bruh, but you are a little too old and too out of touch for this argument.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but you just acknowledged that it is worse for a white person to use it. You are white. I am white and I agree. Does that make us racist?[/QUOTE]

Depends. You are thinking like a black person in that the only racism is directed against them. There are many, many other examples of racism. I still say that any conscious decision made where race is a factor is inherently racist. Giving advantages to prospective Connecticut Fire chiefs who can't compete on equal ground with their white counterparts is racist. Not only wre Cooper's words racist but Williams punching a white dude because he is white for something he said to another person is racist.

Pretty sure Williams punched Cooper because he was being a racist asshole, not because he was a white racist asshole.

See the difference?