• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Jonathan Martin checked into looney bin

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Consistent as usual, you weren't following. I criticized Harris for being soft and fighting over who got to wear what clothes with his partner. That's as gay as it gets.

It wasn't his partner. It was his ex. And again, I'm certain Harris would absolutely destroy you. You really want to call him soft? And despite being a shitty pass blocker, he was a nasty run blocker. Physical softness wasn't Kwame's problem.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And incidentally your comment above further proves that you didn't bother to read carefully. I never said anything about anybody getting "bitch slapped".

You said "the bitch slapped...." I suppose that's somehow different than saying he bitch-slapped someone. I don't see that it's a distinction worth addressing. And again, if "the bitch" slapped you in that manner, you'd be in a hospital.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With gems like this I think Toby would be better off writing the hateful/homophobic/racist rants at the bottom of ESPN articles and YouTube videos where his fresh opinions and outside the box thinking would be appreciated by a much more enlightened audience than the SportsHoopla hivemind.

But in all seriousness Toby, please stop saying stuff that is fucking stupid. Or if you insist, at least make it funny.

You are persistent little bugger, I'll give you that. Without you policing the board for what is acceptable discourse and what isn't I'm not sure what we'd do. But I wouldn't care a bit if Martin was a pussy or gay in just about any other aspect of life but for my footnabll team, I would not want such a weak individual on my squad. Its no more than that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wut

Seriously dude, do you have a brain tumor or something?

Seriously, you cannot understand what I wrote.? You actually think I said he "bitch slapped" someone? C'mon man. Maybe that is your problem, you cannot read very well. Read it again.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said "the bitch slapped...." I suppose that's somehow different than saying he bitch-slapped someone. I don't see that it's a distinction worth addressing. And again, if "the bitch" slapped you in that manner, you'd be in a hospital.

Seriously? You can't see the difference? I may have been in the hospital but he'd have been dead. I don't allow anyone to put their hands on me.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't his partner. It was his ex. And again, I'm certain Harris would absolutely destroy you. You really want to call him soft? And despite being a shitty pass blocker, he was a nasty run blocker. Physical softness wasn't Kwame's problem.

Soft for a professional football player, you betcha. He was virtually worthless.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Soft for a professional football player, you betcha. He was virtually worthless.

I agree he was virtually worthless. An OT who can't pass block can't hack it in the league. He was not a soft player, though. He was one of the better run blockers out there. He was plenty physical, and plenty tough physically. Lots of great OGs in the league couldn't play OT. That doesn't make them soft.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Toby, it strikes me that in prior threads you have absolutely ranted about bullying and how awful it is. Yet here you are effectively condoning Incognito's actions because Martin didn't make things physical. Why are you so willing to excuse - or at the very least overlook - the bully's actions in order to focus on the victim?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, you cannot understand what I wrote.? You actually think I said he "bitch slapped" someone? C'mon man. Maybe that is your problem, you cannot read very well. Read it again.

I don't see that it's a distinction worth addressing.

Also, considering you expect us to imagine that you are putting in proper punctuation marks on your posts I don't think it's unreasonable for us to assume that when you talk about "a bitch slapping someone" that is equivalent to "someone bitch slapping someone."

What is the difference anyway? Not all bitches who slap are committing a bitch slap because a bitch slap is a special kind of slap? What would differentiate a "bitch slap" from a "slap from a bitch?"

I'm going to continue to assume you're just a kid with an internet connection and a bad sense of humor. Because Christ help us all if a grown man like you was allowed to serve in our armed forces and is running around out there in the world without any supervision.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm still fuzzy on what exactly RI did to Martin. What did he actually do? Did Incognito say Martin had to pay for that Vegas trip or RI was going to go all Aaron Hernandez on him (threatening texts & voicemails) or something like that? Or was it more like "Pay up or we are so gonna leave the cafeteria all at the same time on your ass!" :noidea:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Another thing here, Toby. You have repeatedly said that folks like Martin should get physical with someone who is verbally attacking them. And yet you have also said that you would kill someone who got physical with you. There may be consistency in those two positions, but I'm not seeing it. According to your worldview, as far as I can tell, Martin should have punched Incognito. At which point Incognito would have been justified in pulling out a gun and killing Martin. Is that really how you think this SHOULD have gone down?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, considering you expect us to imagine that you are putting in proper punctuation marks on your posts I don't think it's unreasonable for us to assume that when you talk about "a bitch slapping someone" that is equivalent to "someone bitch slapping someone."

What is the difference anyway? Not all bitches who slap are committing a bitch slap because a bitch slap is a special kind of slap? What would differentiate a "bitch slap" from a "slap from a bitch?"

I'm going to continue to assume you're just a kid with an internet connection and a bad sense of humor. Because Christ help us all if a grown man like you was allowed to serve in our armed forces and is running around out there in the world without any supervision.

You'd know it if I slapped you and then a bitch slapped you. What differentiates them is a "bitch slap" is how a person slaps a bitch who is acting up. It can be physical or in writing; kind of like I do to you every time you come up with one of your silly posts. I bitch slap you. Getting "slapped by a bitch" would be when someone like you slaps someone. See the difference?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he was virtually worthless. An OT who can't pass block can't hack it in the league. He was not a soft player, though. He was one of the better run blockers out there. He was plenty physical, and plenty tough physically. Lots of great OGs in the league couldn't play OT. That doesn't make them soft.

Fair enough. I accept that premise.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby, it strikes me that in prior threads you have absolutely ranted about bullying and how awful it is. Yet here you are effectively condoning Incognito's actions because Martin didn't make things physical. Why are you so willing to excuse - or at the very least overlook - the bully's actions in order to focus on the victim?

It is awful when it is done against a defenseless person. I won't tolerate it. But Martin is hardly defenseless. He is at least on the same level as Incognito both in professional stature and physical stature. He seems like a coward to me and I think I hate that as much as a bully. Now there could be bullying among adults like when gangsters bully weaker adults into things but I just cannot accept this particular definition of bullying.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd know it if I slapped you and then a bitch slapped you. What differentiates them is a "bitch slap" is how a person slaps a bitch who is acting up. It can be physical or in writing; kind of like I do to you every time you come up with one of your silly posts. I bitch slap you. Getting "slapped by a bitch" would be when someone like you slaps someone. See the difference?

I don't get the Internet tough guy stuff at all. Again, I really hope this schtick is all just the product of weak mind with a weak sense of humor.

Please address Crimson's question though. Should he have punched Incognito and then opened himself up to the possibility of being shot and killed? Or should we assume he was living in the real world and not Bizarro Toby World with its inconsistent moral code and its erratic Supreme Arbiter of right and wrong?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It is awful when it is done against a defenseless person. I won't tolerate it. But Martin is hardly defenseless. He is at least on the same level as Incognito both in professional stature and physical stature. He seems like a coward to me and I think I hate that as much as a bully. Now there could be bullying among adults like when gangsters bully weaker adults into things but I just cannot accept this particular definition of bullying.

What is your definition of bullying? And for that matter, what is a defenseless person?

These guys are hardly on the same level in terms of an NFL locker room. Sure, they're technically both NFL players, but denying there's a hierarchy on NFL teams is more than a little naive.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the Internet tough guy stuff at all. Again, I really hope this schtick is all just the product of weak mind with a weak sense of humor.

Please address Crimson's question though. Should he have punched Incognito and then opened himself up to the possibility of being shot and killed? Or should we assume he was living in the real world and not Bizarro Toby World with its inconsistent moral code and its erratic Supreme Arbiter of right and wrong?

Yes. But its not "internet tough guy" its just us having a laugh at your expense. You aren't going to go all Jonathan Martin on me and run away crying are you?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your definition of bullying? And for that matter, what is a defenseless person?

These guys are hardly on the same level in terms of an NFL locker room. Sure, they're technically both NFL players, but denying there's a hierarchy on NFL teams is more than a little naive.

Richie Incognito? Please! Richie Ingognito is not on any upper heirarchy. He's a journeyman offensive lineman who has bounced around the league trying to survive.

I'd say bullying is taking advantage of a weaker individual who through physical weakness, cowardice, or societal position cannot or will not fight back. I have never, never in 45 years of watching and following professional football heard of anyone, anyone claiming he was bullied by another man and felt helpless to stop it. Its unheard of. Are you telling me it doesn't seem highly irregular, even outrageous to you?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes. But its not "internet tough guy" its just us having a laugh at your expense. You aren't going to go all Jonathan Martin on me and run away crying are you?

The tough guy stuff is a tired act. You have repeatedly said you would readily use a gun to defend yourself, even if you didn't feel your life was in danger. How tough are you really if you can't take care of a problem without the benefit of a gun? Or without the confidence that comes from knowing you are carrying one in the event that a situation gets out of hand?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tough guy stuff is a tired act. You have repeatedly said you would readily use a gun to defend yourself, even if you didn't feel your life was in danger. How tough are you really if you can't take care of a problem without the benefit of a gun? Or without the confidence that comes from knowing you are carrying one in the event that a situation gets out of hand?

I have a lot more confidence in my ability to defend myself when I am armed. No different from anyone else except that I probably am more willing to use that weapon. If someone decides they are going to rob me or beat the shit out of me, I'd be a fool not to use all means at my disposal to prevent that from happenning; would I not? I look at it this way: If you attack me, you deserve what you get.