• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Jonathan Martin checked into looney bin

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think it's time for people to stop responding to TT's drivel. If the mods aren't going to ban him, then it's up to the rest of us to put him on ignore.

Pagan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No its not. Its a bunch for grown men playing a kids game who are expected, almost enciouraged even, to act like kids. If its true what his lawyer said that a bunch of people had altercations with Martin I think that tells us who the one in the wrong was. Now his attorney is saying he was physically abused by another player?

Are you contradicting yourself? On other threads about the likes of Aldon you state they are grown men and shouldn't be treated or referred to as kids and yet, on this issue, you accept without question the childlike behaviour of certain players to support your stance....

I may have got that wrong but that's what's coming across to me.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The team's reaction to Martin does raise some flags to me because they seem strongly in the Incognito camp. I mean nobody is remotely making an attempt to stick up for Martin or at least be neutral.

This has got to be my biggest gripe about the media regarding this instead of saying "maybe we should look a little deeper in this" they are just passing it off as a bunch of dumb meatheads that couldn't accept someone smarter who could form complete sentences.

I believe Incognito is a bad person and I believe Martin did receive some harassment and struggled to fit in but I'm starting to question to what extent was he harassed. I'm starting to get the feeling that some of this is being exaggerated and drummed up by Martin's camp.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin is a punk and a baby. He needs to grow up. I see nothing wrong with what happen. I think dozen people said that they thought they were best friends. Best friends mess with each other. You need to have tough skin in this world. I played sports all my life and its all fun and games. its a brotherhood. Now yes some people might go to far but usually there would be people saying chill out and tell the person to stop. What I am hearing is no one on Miami thought he took it over board.

Martin is a cry baby and needs to grow up. Your playing in the NFL.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just the opposite. the press, with their agenda, are digging hard to try to find some players who agree with them but, to a man, Incognito's teammates are behind him. Its interesting that those of us who played the sport understand but those who haven't, such as yourself, are appalled.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time for people to stop responding to TT's drivel. If the mods aren't going to ban him, then it's up to the rest of us to put him on ignore.

Just keep your head planted firmly up your ass where it normally is and you won't have to hear or read any of this. Remember to come up for air once in a while though.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Dameshek said a similar thing to what I was trying to say in another thread:

Quote:
Those Dolphins players insinuating Jonathan Martin is being somehow cagey or disingenuous now after laughing and hanging out with Incognito for the past year tells me they’ve never been on the wrong end of threats involving one man’s poop going into another man’s mouth. As you may or may not know, I’m not a psychiatrist… but it seems clear his motive was to diffuse the abuse by showing it wasn’t affecting him (with a touch of Stockholm Syndrome mixed in). Those Dolphins players insinuating Jonathan Martin is being somehow cagey or disingenuous now after laughing and hanging out with Incognito for the past year tells me they’ve never been on the wrong end of threats involving one man’s poop going into another man’s mouth. As you may or may not know, I’m not a psychiatrist… but it seems clear his motive was to diffuse the abuse by showing it wasn’t affecting him (with a touch of Stockholm Syndrome mixed in). And by the way, is it really farfetched to suggest other players who participated in bullying would defend Incognito?
Incognito & Spoiler Alert: Week Ten Results «NFL Dave Dameshek Blog NFL Dave Dameshek Blog

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, I accidentally pasted twice trying to bold and didn't notice until now. I was trying to highlight this: "And by the way, is it really farfetched to suggest other players who participated in bullying would defend Incognito?"

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the opposite. the press, with their agenda, are digging hard to try to find some players who agree with them but, to a man, Incognito's teammates are behind him. Its interesting that those of us who played the sport understand but those who haven't, such as yourself, are appalled.

I bet criminals would use your exact same reasoning to justify their actions.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall its a joke and Martin will never play again. He is a Bitch for doing what he did. All this bully talk is bull crap. Try being the 3rd white kid in middle school. You find your way. It took me awhile to be accepted because I was good at sports. Yes some schools or teams might take it too far and I don't agree with embarrassing people but words are just words and if you don't have the mental aspect to hold your own u are too weak and shouldn't play in the NFL.

This is whats wrong with america. When did we get so sensitive? If he really had a problem he should of said something behind close doors to his teammates.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall its a joke and Martin will never play again. He is a Bitch for doing what he did. All this bully talk is bull crap. Try being the 3rd white kid in middle school. You find your way. It took me awhile to be accepted because I was good at sports. Yes some schools or teams might take it too far and I don't agree with embarrassing people but words are just words and if you don't have the mental aspect to hold your own u are too weak and shouldn't play in the NFL.

This is whats wrong with america. When did we get so sensitive? If he really had a problem he should of said something behind close doors to his teammates.

I was bullied as a kid and I can tell you sometimes saying things makes it much worse.

I was an army brat and my right before my freshman year in high school my dad retired and we moved back to the states. I grew up where most of my friends were black and Asian and "acted" black. I was also the only Mormon kid at a school mostly full of Catholics who felt I was part of a cult. There were also only one black kid at the school and she was adopted and everyone grew up around her.

I would get beat up all the time. Then I would get in trouble by the principle for it because everyone one would say I started it and it was my fault for taking on 3-6 people by myself. I got suspended for a week after 3 guys beat me up for walking in their direction down the hallway during lunch.

I had rumors started about me that I was masturbating in the shower, that I was a white ****er, and that I was gay. I had no friends at all in that school and everyone thought it was funny to see my get hit. Even teachers who watched and did nothing were laughing at me. I went to the police with my parents and nothing happened.

At first i tried to stand up for my self but my confidence went away by my sophomore year when freshmen were basically told that it was an initiation to join any sporting team to attack me. Usually in larger groups. Only once did I get a one on one fight and when I started winning other jumped in and grabbed my arms from behind.

I was the starting pitcher and catcher on the baseball team and the starting PF on the football team. It didn't mean dick that I was a good one of the best players on the teams. In their mind they were trying to change me into them and they were helping me out.

I endured 4 years of hell. I understand how Martin fells and if anyone thinks that it wasn't bullying are ignorant.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I grew up playing team sports, all through school... So once again you put your foot in your mouth...

I'm not "appalled" in the least. I thought Incognito was a piece of garbage long before alligations came out against him for "bullying" Martin. And the media doesn't have to dig hard at all to find the trail of trash Incognito has left behind. The guy has always been a loose cannon, no matter how you slice it. I think Incognito has dug himself a 12 year hole, that he will have a very hard time digging himself out of...

In the end, like I have said previously... The outcome of this specific situation does not matter as much as the overall perception and how the NFL and each team re-evaluates things going forward...

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Are you contradicting yourself? On other threads about the likes of Aldon you state they are grown men and shouldn't be treated or referred to as kids and yet, on this issue, you accept without question the childlike behaviour of certain players to support your stance....

I may have got that wrong but that's what's coming across to me.

This

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

And former Furd players have come out to stand behind Martin...

So, really what is your point there?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone who doesn't believe that Incognito is a scumbag and team cancer is just ignorant to the highest degree, this guy is nothing but trouble and always has been. Here another incident he had last year.

Miami Dolphins were aware of Richie Incognito allegedly molesting volunteer at golf tournament, Joe Philbin says - ESPN

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was bullied as a kid and I can tell you sometimes saying things makes it much worse.

I was an army brat and my right before my freshman year in high school my dad retired and we moved back to the states. I grew up where most of my friends were black and Asian and "acted" black. I was also the only Mormon kid at a school mostly full of Catholics who felt I was part of a cult. There were also only one black kid at the school and she was adopted and everyone grew up around her.

I would get beat up all the time. Then I would get in trouble by the principle for it because everyone one would say I started it and it was my fault for taking on 3-6 people by myself. I got suspended for a week after 3 guys beat me up for walking in their direction down the hallway during lunch.

I had rumors started about me that I was masturbating in the shower, that I was a white ****er, and that I was gay. I had no friends at all in that school and everyone thought it was funny to see my get hit. Even teachers who watched and did nothing were laughing at me. I went to the police with my parents and nothing happened.

At first i tried to stand up for my self but my confidence went away by my sophomore year when freshmen were basically told that it was an initiation to join any sporting team to attack me. Usually in larger groups. Only once did I get a one on one fight and when I started winning other jumped in and grabbed my arms from behind.

I was the starting pitcher and catcher on the baseball team and the starting PF on the football team. It didn't mean dick that I was a good one of the best players on the teams. In their mind they were trying to change me into them and they were helping me out.

I endured 4 years of hell. I understand how Martin fells and if anyone thinks that it wasn't bullying are ignorant.

If words hurt your feelings you are weak minded person. Its just words it means nothing.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your experience and martins is different. his best friend making fun of him is not bullying. If you think that was bullying then you are as weak as martin.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If words hurt your feelings you are weak minded person. Its just words it means nothing.

Based on what Hangman described, it sounded as if it got physical to very physical just as a means to protect himself. I could be wrong.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what Hangman described, it sounded as if it got physical to very physical just as a means to protect himself. I could be wrong.

Yes I agree physical abuse can be bullying not what happen to martin. Im saying if he thinks martin is a victim then he is weak minded just like marring. What happen to him in his life is bullying. Thats why I said the 2 situations are different.