• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Irene can go fuck herself

MrMagooo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hurricane Irene: Billions in Damage Expected Along East Coast - ABC News

Looks like this isn't going to be pretty. Has the potential to hit the whole east coast. Has the ability to be the biggest disaster caused by just one storm. The eye of the storm is supposed to land right on NYC and then move through the northeast. I'm not too worried, but losing power is going to piss me off.

Will be a tropical storm by the time it gets to us. I got my generator ready to go and my assortment of weapons should someone decide to take liberties with my generator or anything else on my property xD

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here

we

go...

rain just started.

pic from front door of my kids daycare.
The outer rim...

2011-08-26_17-29-45_774.jpg

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now inside the red zone...
tomorrows gonna suck.

Don't take this the wrong way my silly northern hockeyphiles... but I'm kind of hoping for a hard northern turn
Memories of Fran still loom large...

ice_2011_satellite_nccoast-600x450.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurricanes are indeed no joke. I grew up on the east coast and have family all up and down the coast from Key West to Boston. But the way some people react EVERY FRIGGIN TIME, is just pathetic. I remember the last "OMG DEATH STORM" event in Baltimore, Hurricane Isabel. For the week heading up to it, it was going to do everything imaginable to destroy YOU PERSONALLY and (as Comeds pointed out) pick up bees, possibly killer ones.

The company I worked for rented an entire hotel so all of us "Essential" personnel could be nearby and on hand when Armageddon struck. It started out great fun, volleyball in the pool, free food, broom hockey in the lobby. Eventually, I got so bored, I started going out on service calls with the techs. The most vicious problem we encountered was that AT&T had cut a cable line and a ritzy suburb could not get their fill of 24 hour panic network. In the middle of a storm, I was digging a hole and patching fiber. Not that it wasn't terrifying. I mean I DID see a pair of underwear blow down the street. *shudder*

Just be smart. Be prepared. And you'll be fine.

Take care east coasters.

Except New York City. I am sick of hearing how every single one of you was personally effected by an "earthquake" 600 miles away, and at this point am rooting for the storm.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my gf and I were supposed to meet someone tomorrow night after she gets out of work, but now she doesnt want to come out because of the hurricane. What REALLY pisses me off though is that our other gf live in 30 minutes away from Atlantic City, where the storm will cause a problem so we can see her either.

But I agree, the NYC area is overblowing this shit. I'm sick of this and the earthquake shit.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...is it bad that a witch on a bicycle just flew by my window, followed by a little dog?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...is it bad that a witch on a bicycle just flew by my window, followed by a little dog?

referee_medium.jpg

*TWEET*

Two minutes for using a Tornado joke in the midst of 'Canemageddon 2011.

The judges would have accepted "I think the storm surge just pushed a 1952 Chevy pick up full of Haitians past my house."

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creepy out there right now.
slightly windy..
Not raining...
Eerily quiet
its as if the storm is lurking. Biding its time. Waiting for us to lower our guard.
like a jungle cat on the prowl, silent, stealthy, deadly, ready to pick off the weak without warning.

Stories of power outages in Wilmington already coming from friends.

#Stormofthecenturyoftheweek

(comeds add on)

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creepy out there right now.
slightly windy..
Not raining...
Eerily quiet
its as if the storm is lurking. Biding its time. Waiting for us to lower our guard.
like Bees, possibly killer on the prowl, silent, stealthy, deadly, ready to pick off the weak without warning.

Stories of power outages in Wilmington already coming from friends.

#Stormofthecenturyoftheweek

(comeds add on)

FTFY

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Just Songebob.

Then maybe some **** later with the wife.
We BETTER still have power. What would there be to do in the dark otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurricanes are indeed no joke. I grew up on the east coast and have family all up and down the coast from Key West to Boston. But the way some people react EVERY FRIGGIN TIME, is just pathetic. I remember the last "OMG DEATH STORM" event in Baltimore, Hurricane Isabel. For the week heading up to it, it was going to do everything imaginable to destroy YOU PERSONALLY and (as Comeds pointed out) pick up bees, possibly killer ones.

It's mostly the media hype though - they hype weather SO much these days. Scare you into feeling like you have to watch. Most people I know might buy a little water and a few snacks in case of power outages, but I don't think aside from the most dangerous areas your average person is that worried about it. I just think it will be a lot of rain and some wind will knock down some power lines. And some beach homes will get pummeled, but you have to expect that when buy a beach home.