• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates have the 4th best farm system in the majors according to MLB Pipeline after the deadline, and 3 of their top 4 prospects have appeared in the majors this year. Austin Meadows is probably their best prospect and he just moved up to AAA after tearing up AA. His ascendancy means one of Marte, McCutchen or Polanco will need to be moved to make way but I see that as a good thing.

Bucs will be fine.
Like I said, lightning in a bottle has been hit already with most of our prospects from the last 5 years - McCutchen, Marte, Polanco, Harrison, Cole...can't quite expect that kind of success rate to continue. Plus, the real heroes of this team in key situations have been the rental veterans either on the autumn of their careers or reclamation projects - Liriano, Burnett, Martin, Byrd, Cervelli. As soon as most of our prospects turn the corner into proven veteran and are about to get paid veteran money...see ya. That is a good formula for languishing in perpetual mediocrity to wild card mode in this Money League.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, lightning in a bottle has been hit already with most of our prospects from the last 5 years - McCutchen, Marte, Polanco, Harrison, Cole...can't quite expect that kind of success rate to continue. Plus, the real heroes of this team in key situations have been the rental veterans either on the autumn of their careers or reclamation projects - Liriano, Burnett, Martin, Byrd, Cervelli. As soon as most of our prospects turn the corner into proven veteran and are about to get paid veteran money...see ya. That is a good formula for languishing in perpetual mediocrity to wild card mode in this Money League.
You might not expect to hit paydirt every time but a good scouting and development system can easily keep a non-large market team competitive. Look at the Cards.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night, Mrs 43 came home from the store. Among her purchases was a 2 liter bottle of Coke Zero.

As you may or may not know, Coke has this thing going about sharing a song and there are song lyrics printed on the side of the bottles. As she removed the bottle from the bag and placed it on the counter, I looked at it and said "I'm not drinking that".

"Why? You like coke zero"

"I can't do it. Get that out of my house"

"Why?"

"Out. Now"

"Whatever is wrong with you is no little thing." <places bottle in the fridge>

Yeap. The bottle had the words "We are Family" printed on it.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a 35+-year-butthurt :)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey BBB, I'm getting real tired of watching Cecil lobbing grapefruits to the plate...

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey BBB, I'm getting real tired of watching Cecil lobbing grapefruits to the plate...
So am I. Cost me my god damn avy for the week.

Didn't watch any of the weekend's action but Cecil has to be one of the most consistently inconsistent relievers in baseball. He will straight murder for weeks at a time and then without rhyme or reason start lobbing beachballs.

They sent Sanchez for some rest in Florida and called Loup so if there's any hope maybe he can assume the mantle for lefty reliever and they can work on some stuff with Cecil.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much more concerning is the offence. Bottom third in the AL in runs scored in August. If that doesn't change soon eventually they're going to start losing ground. Can't coast by on the starting pitching forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.