• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

img_lGEo26.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Jays Pursued Joey Votto Trade Last Summer

On the one hand, Joey Votto is better than Tulo in pretty much every way possible save he has a couple more years on his contract.

On the other, while even the Jays realised then (and now) that a Colabello-Smoak tandem at first is less than good, they really, really needed to send Jose Reyes' rotted corpse into the centre of the sun.

Still, would've been nice. The last good 1B the Jays had (save Edwin) was Carlos Delgado.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that gets overlooked about the Jays - their broadcast team is fucking terrible save the occasional call by Dan Shulman.

Take the other night for example - Buckeroo says the Jays "have a very fortunate schedule down the stretch". After this weekend, all but 6 of the Jays' remaining games are against division rivals, 3 of whom still have realistic playoff hopes.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell of a few weeks for the Nats' here.

Picked up Mark Melancon from the Pirates for a mediocre reliever and a decent prospect. He's given up 1 base runner and no runs in three innings work.

And youngster Trea Turner is hitting .300 in the leadoff spot and has stolen 8 times off 21 singles. This is huge because the Nats' leadoff men weren't just bad, they were the worst in the majors... by fucking 20 points!

We are in control of the division, so bring on the inevitably soul crushing playoffs!!

Felipe Rivero has looked awfully good since coming over in that trade. Not Melancon good, but I'll take the swap of 2 months of Melancon for (I think) three or four years of this kid. His stuff is absolutely electric, and he seems to strike everyone out. If he gets any semblance of command, he's going to be unhittable. He's already proving to be a viable back of the bullpen arm.

That's going to be a trade both teams win, I think, just at different times. The Nats right now, and the Pirates down the road.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harry Caray: "he kisses him on the strikes ... and he kisses him on the ... "

:gaah:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe West is the worst.

After Kyle Hendricks lost a no-hitter on a solo home run, Montero started out to talk to him and the infield, because when a guy carries a no-no into the 9th and loses it, that's a good time to do that, but Joe West would have none of it, stopped Montero from going out to the mound and broke up the visit. Then he tossed Joe Maddon for taking exception.

Yeah, they were stalling a bit, but a late-game no-no being broken up is a pretty common time to take a moment to talk to and congratulate the pitcher for getting that far, and to allow the crowd to show their appreciation. Why would an umpire feel the need to stop that?

I hope Country Joe doesn't handle any great players' final games. He'll toss them for saluting the crowd or whatever.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, he did a good job of drafting all the youngsters Boston are currently using to run away with the division from us.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibby toast if the Jays miss the playoffs?
I'm wondering if they might try to salvage the season by getting rid of him if they lose the series to the Angels and hand the bench over to Hale.

I think he's probably earned a little more slack than that but it's pretty clear nothing he's doing is stemming the blood loss here. Toast, even if he manages to get them to the WC game.

Status
Not open for further replies.