• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that explains the gasoline in a bag thing...

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk in a bag...must be the udder.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you dont get it from your mom comeds ?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also top notch lol

Piniella was not sure at first. When Ichiro arrived for his first spring training, he spent the first few days slapping every pitch to the opposite field -- dribblers to third, fouls into the stands. He had always started training camp this way. It was how he got a feel for the outer edge of the strike zone. But Piniella didn't know that. The Mariners had sunk $27 million into Ichiro -- a $13 million fee to Orix, and $14 million for his three-year contract -- and the guy couldn't get the ball out of the infield? Early in a spring game, Piniella called him over. Pull the ball, son, he said. Being Lou Piniella, he might have used stronger words.

Ichiro listened and nodded. The next time he came up, he jacked a home run into the right-field bullpen. Piniella met him in the dugout to shake his hand. Ichiro looked at him and said: Happy now?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue Jays need pitching, so naturally they acquire an outfielder.

Report: Jays reach deal for Padres' Upton Jr.
They needed an outfielder, too. JB shouldn't be fielding and is probably going to DH the rest of the year. Even if not, Saunders and Bautista are both always injury risks.

Also, Upton bats well vs. lefties and the Jays are -.500 vs. LHP starters.

And finally, I don't understand how the hell this trade came together because all the Jays gave up was a rookie ball pitcher and the Pads are eating money, apparently. It's a weird one, but it does leave the Jays all of their better prospects to chase pitching.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
icymi Chris Sale DOES NOT TAKE SHIT FROM ANY AND ALL MANAGEMENT!!!

he gonna be the new teamsters boss someday???

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They needed an outfielder, too. JB shouldn't be fielding and is probably going to DH the rest of the year. Even if not, Saunders and Bautista are both always injury risks.

Also, Upton bats well vs. lefties and the Jays are -.500 vs. LHP starters.

And finally, I don't understand how the hell this trade came together because all the Jays gave up was a rookie ball pitcher and the Pads are eating money, apparently. It's a weird one, but it does leave the Jays all of their better prospects to chase pitching.

So does Bautista or Saunders move prior to the trade deadline? I'm starting to think EE will be re-signed, so the acquisition of Upton Jr. does make sense if you are moving one of your free agent outfielders.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does Bautista or Saunders move prior to the trade deadline? I'm starting to think EE will be re-signed, so the acquisition of Upton Jr. does make sense if you are moving one of your free agent outfielders.
Nobody's moving. Upton provides insurance for if/when JB leaves.

FWIW, I think they're both gone and I'm fine with it. Re-sign Saunders for a deal similar to what Estrada got, grab a cheap arm or two and the Jays should still be able to contend next year. I wouldn't want EE or JB around for anything more than 2 years (gotta keep payroll open for the 2018 offseason extravaganza) and I'd be perfectly happy with the draft pick compensation since the Jays farm will likely be totally barren after this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.