• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really want a pitcher whose surname starts with 'Lob'?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Junior and Piazza - I want to know who are the three dingleberries who left Griffey off their ballot?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if that means Osuna's headed to the rotation? Or is he the new setup man while Sanchez takes a starting spot?

Also, Pompey had better be ready to play everyday or this blows up in their faces really quickly.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey DS, what can you tell me about Drew Storen?

Jays get P Storen from Nats for OF Revere

Storen's tough to pin down. He's a solid reliever, and I liked this trade more for the Jays when I saw it than for the Nationals, but it's difficult to say just what kind of reliever he is.

He can strike guys out, but until his K% spiked to just under 30% last year, he was never what I'd call a true strike out reliever, posting mostly average to slightly better K rates, he does have good control, which keeps his BB% down around a very solid 7%, but his contact profile is all over the place.

Overall, though, the Jays got a good pitcher.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Drew Storen. Sorry to see him go. If you look at his stats from last year, they were outstanding before the team brought in human bag of shit Jonathan Papelbon.

"Storen had converted 29 save chances and had a 1.73 ERA when the Nats got Papelbon. Shifted to an eighth-inning role following that deal, Storen struggled and finished the season with a 3.44 ERA without another save. His season ended in mid-September when he slammed his locker in frustration and broke his right thumb."

I can't believe the Nats are keeping Papelbon. We will no title with him on this roster and Rizzo has undone several years of excellent management with this one inexplicable move. The move was a poor decision, and showed that while Rizzo thought the move made sense from a logistics standpoint (add roster depth), he clearly doesn't understand team chemistry and the human component to managing people (bringing in a cancer like Papelbon, "demoting" Storen who had performed admirably). Outside of the fact that Storen was pitching really well and the acquisition was totally unnecessary, Papelbon then choked out the league MVP, and you kept him on your team?

In Rizzo's role, I would have called Papelfuck to my office, written him a check for any guaranteed money owed, spit on his shoes, and said "now get the fuck out of my town."

Enjoy Drew Storen, Dash. He'll be even more driven and outstanding.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive always wanted to start a thread with people wearing team gear who are arrested/in trouble with the law - :dhd:

/
this guy would have been a star
riot5.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jumbo Jim always seems to have good games against the Flames.

/Tried to comeback from two goal deficits three times last night, that's not a recipe for success.

Status
Not open for further replies.