• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like Revere as a table-setter and a good on-base percentage guy. Don't get me wrong, I like Cespedes and he would be a great addition, I just wonder about how much money Rogers is willing to commit to the Jays.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still like Revere as a table-setter and a good on-base percentage guy. Don't get me wrong, I like Cespedes and he would be a great addition, I just wonder about how much money Rogers is willing to commit to the Jays.

He's not really an on-base guy, though. He doesn't walk and he strikes out more than a pure-contact guy should. His career OBP is .328, and I'm not convinced he'll sustain his spike to .342 from last year. He can sustain a high BABIP thanks to his speed and ground ball tendency, and he's a good base stealer, but his average is mostly empty.

Ichiro could sustain a leadoff hitter role despite a lack of patience because he had an elite contact skill. Revere's is only good. He's better suited for hitting 9th in the AL as a second leadoff man. Speed is great, but it's secondary to on-base skill for a table-setter. In the Jays' lineup, Tulo should honestly probably be the leadoff hitter. He hits enough doubles and gets on base often enough to make up for the fact that he's only an average baserunner.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not really an on-base guy, though. He doesn't walk and he strikes out more than a pure-contact guy should. His career OBP is .328, and I'm not convinced he'll sustain his spike to .342 from last year. He can sustain a high BABIP thanks to his speed and ground ball tendency, and he's a good base stealer, but his average is mostly empty.

Ichiro could sustain a leadoff hitter role despite a lack of patience because he had an elite contact skill. Revere's is only good. He's better suited for hitting 9th in the AL as a second leadoff man. Speed is great, but it's secondary to on-base skill for a table-setter. In the Jays' lineup, Tulo should honestly probably be the leadoff hitter. He hits enough doubles and gets on base often enough to make up for the fact that he's only an average baserunner.

I say get rid of John Gibbons, DS for Jays manager :thumb:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Jays' lineup, Tulo should honestly probably be the leadoff hitter. He hits enough doubles and gets on base often enough to make up for the fact that he's only an average baserunner.
Tulo really wasn't anything special bat-wise for the Jays. Maybe it was the sticker shock of leaving the only park/home he's known in the majors. His defence was an upgrade, and as far as I know he hasn't abused his spouse so he's a plus in that regard but for an extra 3 years over how long the Jays would've had to pay Reyes, not to mention giving up Hoffman and Castro, I expected better.

On the plus, he did remain somewhat healthy save one freakish accident that took him out for 2 weeks.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Tulo's career performance over a short sample as an indication of what he should be moving forward, even accounting for the Coors Field bump.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs add Lackey and Zobrist, they are going all in for the next year or 2.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to not being able to speak English, apparently he can't read English, either. :D

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like...why not just be like "welp, we fucked that up, burn the cue card and nobody ever learns of this"?

Then again, who the fuck would be talking about Miss Universe today. :tinfoil3:

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking that we should have these Miss Universe contestants play Family Feud.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking that we should have these Miss Universe contestants play Family Feud.

Admit it, you chose "play Family Feud" over "Mud Wrestle" because higgy is back, didn't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.