• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why I oughta...

;)

Nats will win the World Series next year. Book it!

They'd have a better shot with just about anyone else managing the team.

Seriously, how did the guy who thought Kevin Frandsen should occupy a more important spot in the lineup than Bryce Harper win Manager of the Year?

That lineup should have been the best in the National League, but Williams couldn't fill out a lineup card properly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why I oughta...

;)

Nats will win the World Series next year. Book it!

I can't wait for the Nats to trade Jordan Zimmermann, who imo is the best pitcher in the rotation, for garbage, just because they can't pay him

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for the Nats to trade Jordan Zimmermann, who imo is the best pitcher in the rotation, for garbage, just because they can't pay him

Now, this doesn't necessarily apply to the Nats, but man alive the economics of baseball piss me off. Nothing like being a fan of a small market team with a great player being trash talked by fans of big market teams who are so used to getting everything they want. "Lulz, we R taken Cutch from u soon." It pisses me off because major league baseball allows it. And pretends that parity is evidence of a flawless system. No, that's simply small markets drafting well, taking risks with money, and having good management. Then you have teams like the Cubs taking those small market managers, and teams like the Dodgers taking those GMs. Prolonged success is improbable if not near impossible for small markets, and the old men up in their ivory tower tell you to grin and bear it, like small market fans should simply be happy to be there. As a Pirate fan I was there last year, when you beat all the odds and simply GOT THERE. Now, a year removed, I realize that's not enough, and that working against the system to succeed is BS.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, this doesn't necessarily apply to the Nats, but man alive the economics of baseball piss me off. Nothing like being a fan of a small market team with a great player being trash talked by fans of big market teams who are so used to getting everything they want. "Lulz, we R taken Cutch from u soon." It pisses me off because major league baseball allows it. And pretends that parity is evidence of a flawless system. No, that's simply small markets drafting well, taking risks with money, and having good management. Then you have teams like the Cubs taking those small market managers, and teams like the Dodgers taking those GMs. Prolonged success is improbable if not near impossible for small markets, and the old men up in their ivory tower tell you to grin and bear it, like small market fans should simply be happy to be there. As a Pirate fan I was there last year, when you beat all the odds and simply GOT THERE. Now, a year removed, I realize that's not enough, and that working against the system to succeed is BS.

I agree. Sadly the players and some of the owners are happy with the system so it wont change for a long time unless something drastic happens. The league not being nearly as popular as it was 25 years ago doesn't seem to be drastic enough.

The only time I have heard the powers that be admit there is a problem was a few years ago they were talking about a balanced schedule (everyone plays everyone the same amount of times and pretty much do away with divisions) to even things out. Of course that would help the big teams as well as the small teams, but I think it should be done.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You could also be the Phillies, a big market team that has blown big time the last few years because of an incompetent GM - there are different types of teams in the league like that

I feel like baseball doesn't market their players well enough and it just seems like they think there is legitimate parity when the same teams are winning the World Series every year - there isn't any parity whatsoever - the same teams are winning it every year and the same teams who are great in the regular season shit the bed in the playoffs

I enjoy the actual game of baseball but the league is starting to lose itself the last few years - and the fans are getting tired of it because they know their team no matter how good they are in the regular season will shit the bed in the playoffs - there are very few teams in baseball that feel like they have legitimate hope and that's why the NHL and NFL are my two favorite sports now, the parity is so much more legitimate in those two sports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rizzo is a heck of a general manager anyway. If the Nationals deal Zimmermann, they'll get a good return, not garbage. The Nationals have a very good talent evaluation staff, and they're good at player development. If they deal a pitcher like Zimmermann, they'll get a hefty return, I'm sure, whether people realize it at the time or not.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burnett is a Bucco again.

What.

I like the signing, though. Good value for what he projects to be.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Marlins aren't really singing Stanton to a 13 year, $325 million contract, are they?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This new 30 for 30 film (Brothers in Exile) about the Hernadez brothers from Cuba looks very good.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy for Giancarlo - he's a beast

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, the Marlins are allowing me to illustrate another point. That deal is atrocious. The fact that Loria is allowed to own and run that club is asinine.

Column: Tip of the (salary) cap to Russell Martin DK on Pittsburgh Sports

I'm not DK's biggest fan, but this article is soooo on point. Teams that struggle are given higher draft picks (although now you can't pay them too much, god forbid), they develop those guys, bring them to the big leagues, and watch as they play themselves out of town. I can't fault the players when they move on for big money, how many of us would turn down more money in our jobs? The issue remains with the system.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No particular reason why, just seemed like the appropriate place to drop the following:

CNR.jpg

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blockbuster!

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do the Jays still intend to play Martin in left field?

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do the Jays still intend to play Martin in left field?

Maybe at some point I could see them doing that. They would be crazy not to utilize Martin's superior defense behind the plate while his age still allows him to perform at a high level.

Martin is excellent at pitch framing and controlling the opponents running game. Great get for the Jays.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye Russ, if you were going anywhere, I'm happy it's there....and not the Cubs. That deal though, is rough. The last two years will probably be poor.

That Cards deal pisses me off. Cards won it. By a good amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.