• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just saying that because he didn't stick around as a Bucco this year. :)

/and I agree.

Altuve fought his manager to stay in for the last few games. Just annoys me a bit. They ended up having pretty comparable plate appearances, so it's not that big of a deal, but still annoying.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go Natinals!

natinals-washington.jpg

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To steal a line from higgy...

:tsk:

Like I said in the other post, it was moot with the plate appearances, still annoying because they've been jockeying for weeks now, and he sat out the last two games against the Dodgers. Just annoying when the guy he's fighting for it is a career utility man.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it sounds like I won't be getting much work done Friday. Afternoon playoffs.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it sounds like I won't be getting much work done Friday. Afternoon playoffs.

I really hate that baseball tries to cling to that. I get it, history of the game, etc...but people work. Lots of people work...during the daytime. Also still a bit bitter that two of the NLDS games are on MLBN. I don't have MLBN.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hate that baseball tries to cling to that. I get it, history of the game, etc...but people work. Lots of people work...during the daytime. Also still a bit bitter that two of the NLDS games are on MLBN. I don't have MLBN.

Me too. I was really hoping for a Friday night game.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WHAT?!?!? Are you serious?

I guess I should find out if I get that or not.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are some stupid things that MLB does but there's not really much they can do - with the Dodgers and Angels both playing on the West Coast to start their series, it complicates how they can schedule some of the games - the East Coast teams almost have to play during the day on days where there are four games - they prefer not to schedule two games at the same time, and I think that's a good thing in some sorts

That being said, I think it's kind of ridiculous to have possibly a 12pm EST game(if the Pirates win, then I think that's the case on Friday)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like eloco's choice of the Washington Monument over the Winifred Beecher Howe memorial...

She was an early crusader for women’s rights who led the Floor Mop Rebellion of 1910. Later, she appeared on the highly unpopular 75-cent piece.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some stupid things that MLB does but there's not really much they can do - with the Dodgers and Angels both playing on the West Coast to start their series, it complicates how they can schedule some of the games - the East Coast teams almost have to play during the day on days where there are four games - they prefer not to schedule two games at the same time, and I think that's a good thing in some sorts

That being said, I think it's kind of ridiculous to have possibly a 12pm EST game(if the Pirates win, then I think that's the case on Friday)

They can not worry about broadcasting all the games at separate times. Have two games at 7pm on the same night. MLB is really fucking this up. Or letting it be fucked up. The start time for games 2 days from now are still undetermined. Two weekday games where people might have to adjust schedules to go and/or watch and people cannot plan yet.

Put both Thursday games on at 7pm. Problem solved.

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can not worry about broadcasting all the games at separate times. Have two games at 7pm on the same night. MLB is really fucking this up. Or letting it be fucked up. The start time for games 2 days from now are still undetermined. Two weekday games where people might have to adjust schedules to go and/or watch and people cannot plan yet.

Pretty much this. I know it's a ratings thing, but are their ratings really that great with a noon freaking playoff game? It really bugs me. If the Pirates get to the NLDS and play at noon on Friday, I can't watch a second of it. My father, a season ticket holder, won't be able to watch a second of it. It's simply screwing over the fans. My argument to this last year was this: can you IMAGINE any other league doing this?!?! They'd be crucified! Imagine the NHL having an afternoon, weekday playoff game on NHLN.

BTW, eloco: Postseason Schedule | MLB.com There's the TV schedule. Game 3 of the Nats series (Monday, so maybe daytime too) is definitely on MLBN, and Game 2 may be on MLBN as well (at least that's a Saturday evening so you could go to a bar).

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much this. I know it's a ratings thing, but are their ratings really that great with a noon freaking playoff game? It really bugs me. If the Pirates get to the NLDS and play at noon on Friday, I can't watch a second of it. My father, a season ticket holder, won't be able to watch a second of it. It's simply screwing over the fans. My argument to this last year was this: can you IMAGINE any other league doing this?!?! They'd be crucified! Imagine the NHL having an afternoon, weekday playoff game on NHLN.

Its really stupid. Depending on the Thursday start time I may be able to see half of one of the first two games. None of the other. This after being able to see most of the games all year. Now that they are very important, possible 12:07 start time.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On Direct TV, there is an alternate MLB channel (MLB and MLB-1), so they can show both games that are on at the same time and *gasp* let the viewer choose which one. Not sure if Cable has the alternate channel already stood up, but I do know for sure that any content can be streamed to any channel on a cable system...

Not that I have ever misused that feature.

Pretty much this. I know it's a ratings thing, but are their ratings really that great with a noon freaking playoff game?

They get the ratings online with people watching from work. Meanwhile, networks all over are crippled and productivity at businesses suffers but MLB (or NHL, or NFL or NBA, or MLS or...) don't give even a single fuck about that.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a fan of the MLB playoff scheduling but if you're looking at it strictly from one vantage point - in the eastern time zone, what are you going to do, have a 9 am local start on the west coast for a game instead? The only way to remedy that is have overlapping start times which MLB and its broadcast partners apparently vehemently oppose.

Also, this was never a problem before we went to three division and multiple wild cards - if you want expanded playoffs, you've gotta live with the consequences of it, one of which is shitty start times for games.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been a fan of the MLB playoff scheduling but if you're looking at it strictly from one vantage point - in the eastern time zone, what are you going to do, have a 9 am local start on the west coast for a game instead? The only way to remedy that is have overlapping start times which MLB and its broadcast partners apparently vehemently oppose.

Also, this was never a problem before we went to three division and multiple wild cards - if you want expanded playoffs, you've gotta live with the consequences of it, one of which is shitty start times for games.

That's the remedy. Personally I don't believe that there are so many fans that want to watch all the games, especially at goofy times like this. However if you are trying to pretend that this round of MLB games get sizable non fan of either two team viewers - then at least try your best to accommodate everyone but don't screw over the fan bases of the teams playing in the process. Which is what they are doing.

Hmm, in 2012 in the ALDS the Orioles played all night games except for one 5pm start. I wonder what was different then?

Status
Not open for further replies.