• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They stole 6 bases after the 8th inning including stealing 3rd at one point. That's absurd. If there was a goat in the game, it's gotta be Derek Norris. A couple weren't his fault, but he couldn't throw have thrown out a soda can if he was standing next to a garbage bin. Norris had one of the worst throw out percentages in the league - runners were successful 83% of the time on him. Soto's injury (runners only successful 56% of the time, one of the best) definitely hurt the A's.

Noteworthy that the As lost in part because Soto was hurt and they couldn't quite throw anyone out and Coco Crisp was injured and they just missed catching that fly ball on the triple. Bad turn of fate for the A's.

Proposing a rule change? Out In The Bank?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the craziest baseball game I've ever watched...and I only started watching in the 9th because of work. Wow.

So you're telling me I shouldn't have turned it off in the 6th?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're telling me I shouldn't have turned it off in the 6th?

Hahah, no...but I don't blame you. It was gameday for my kiddos (we had to go second after the boys game, which went into double OT...and started at about 9pm) so I just checked up on it a few times through the game on my phone. I saw 7-3 and was sad. Got back to the AT room, turned on the TV expecting it to be over, and it was the top 9 7-6. Then the A's were nice enough to have a long inning with no scoring so I could get home and watch it unfold.

Also, anyone seen our resident Flyers-A's fan around? Derrrrrekkkk?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well get the higgy glare out of the way - Go Orioles!!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nats' "Nothing but October" banners are on lamp posts and signs ALL over town in DC right now. It's pretty awesome. Making it feel more and more like a baseball town.

As we say in DC... cised!

imrs.php

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nats' "Nothing but October" banners are on lamp posts and signs ALL over town in DC right now. It's pretty awesome. Making it feel more and more like a baseball town.

As we say in DC... cised!

imrs.php

"Nothing but October"?

Isn't the WS projected to go into November?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go Pirates!

...are you really cheering for them? I suppose from a distance perspective it's nicer, but the Giants offense vs. the Nats pitching would be a pathetic thing to witness.

Reminder that they're starting Ishikawa in LF. Just in general their lineup outside of Posey/Pence and down-ish year from Sandoval is not...good. I'd be confident in a series against them, but not in a single game. I'm not confident in a single game vs. anyone really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...are you really cheering for them? I suppose from a distance perspective it's nicer, but the Giants offense vs. the Nats pitching would be a pathetic thing to witness.

Reminder that they're starting Ishikawa in LF. Just in general their lineup outside of Posey/Pence and down-ish year from Sandoval is not...good. I'd be confident in a series against them, but not in a single game. I'm not confident in a single game vs. anyone really.

No Morse in left? Darn. I was hoping our speedy outfielders could burn that pylon for triples all night or something.

(If he were a lamppost instead of a pylon, though, he'd score 40 goals on Crosby's wing.)

Status
Not open for further replies.