• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the remedy. Personally I don't believe that there are so many fans that want to watch all the games, especially at goofy times like this. However if you are trying to pretend that this round of MLB games get sizable non fan of either two team viewers - then at least try your best to accommodate everyone but don't screw over the fan bases of the teams playing in the process. Which is what they are doing.

Hmm, in 2012 in the ALDS the Orioles played all night games except for one 5pm start. I wonder what was different then?

There seems to be a sizable AL bias with some of this stuff too. It's weird. That probably stems from the usual Yankee-Red Sox presence in the playoffs though.

I typed all of this and realized what you were referencing. Full circle.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There seems to be a sizable AL bias with some of this stuff too. It's weird. That probably stems from the usual Yankee-Red Sox presence in the playoffs though.

I typed all of this and realized what you were referencing. Full circle.

Yep I have a feeling if the Orioles were playing the Yankees or Red Sox all of the games would be in good viewing times.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers starters for ALDS:

Game 1: Scherzer
Game 2: Verlander
Game 3: Price
Game 4: Porcello

Me likey...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like eloco's choice of the Washington Monument over the Winifred Beecher Howe memorial...

She was an early crusader for women’s rights who led the Floor Mop Rebellion of 1910. Later, she appeared on the highly unpopular 75-cent piece.

I read this and was like 'I don't remember a floor mop rebellion and there was a 75-cent piece?!?'

Then I googled it. Hahaha. You got me, Dash.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to add I generally agree with Comeds and Pix's complaints about the afternoon games.

The idea that so many out-of-market people want to watch these games is ridiculous and you certainly aren't solving that problem by putting the games on at a time when most people can't watch.

I laughed when I thought about this for hockey because the NHL could set it up so the first round was on 24/7 for a week and a half. "Welcome to New Jersey. It's 4:30am and we're about to get started with game 2 of the first round with the Devils and Islanders." (<This is obviously in like 2032 or something)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not jumping on the Royals bandwagon, but I would like to see them win tonight. Nothing against the A's, I really liked those teams of the 70s with guys like Joe Rudi, Bert Campaneris, Gene Tenace, Reggie Jackson, Vida Blue, and Jim "Catfish" Hunter, but who knows when the Royals will be in this position again?

Edit: Forgot Rollie Fingers (loved the handlebar moustache)

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so um... BlueJays didnt make the post season again?

Maurice-Moss-Eating-Popcorn-The-IT-Crowd.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so um... BlueJays didnt make the post season again?

Maurice-Moss-Eating-Popcorn-The-IT-Crowd.gif

Yup, and with the Royals making the playoffs this year, the Blue Jays now hold the record for longest post-season drought among the four major North American leagues.

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow - 3 stolen bases for the Royals in the eighth inning. The pitcher could check the runner once in awhile. Pretty exciting finish coming up here. The fans going nuts in KC after being in the doldrums.

...And now a wild pitch allows KC to steal home to make it 7-6. Oakland still leads... for now.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhere, a few MLB execs are sittin' around, sippin' martinis and saying, "We couldn't have asked for anything more from our Wild card vs Wild card idea!"

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game winner take all playoffs always seem to deliver.

For NHL, 2nd wildcard spot in each conference should come down to 1 game winner take all 8vs9
(with no winner in the bank allowed)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the craziest baseball game I've ever watched...and I only started watching in the 9th because of work. Wow.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game winner take all playoffs always seem to deliver.

For NHL, 2nd wildcard spot in each conference should come down to 1 game winner take all 8vs9
(with no winner in the bank allowed)

Awww... bullshit!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow - 3 stolen bases for the Royals in the eighth inning. The pitcher could check the runner once in awhile. Pretty exciting finish coming up here. The fans going nuts in KC after being in the doldrums.

...And now a wild pitch allows KC to steal home to make it 7-6. Oakland still leads... for now.

The Royals were the most aggressive base-stealing team in the Majors this season. And pretty good at it, too. If anyone was going to steal three bases in one inning, it was the Royals.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Royals were the most aggressive base-stealing team in the Majors this season. And pretty good at it, too. If anyone was going to steal three bases in one inning, it was the Royals.

They stole 6 bases after the 8th inning including stealing 3rd at one point. That's absurd. If there was a goat in the game, it's gotta be Derek Norris. A couple weren't his fault, but he couldn't throw have thrown out a soda can if he was standing next to a garbage bin. Norris had one of the worst throw out percentages in the league - runners were successful 83% of the time on him. Soto's injury (runners only successful 56% of the time, one of the best) definitely hurt the A's.

Noteworthy that the As lost in part because Soto was hurt and they couldn't quite throw anyone out and Coco Crisp was injured and they just missed catching that fly ball on the triple. Bad turn of fate for the A's.

Status
Not open for further replies.