• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: First Take

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that new host - Cary Champion - is hot as hell.

But real talk. What's the over/under on how many cocks she had to blow to get that job?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Berman's side chick / mistress gets you any position within that company.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say about 10 altogether

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lifestyle9_original.jpg

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah caught her during lunch... hottie!!!!

I say one big cock...

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really haven't caught that show in a while. Is Dana Jacobsen no longer host?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really haven't caught that show in a while. Is Dana Jacobsen no longer host?

December 30th of last year was her final day. She then went to co-anchor SportsCenter for a while because she wanted to get back to working on news stories and interviewing people, which First Take got away from doing with the emergence of Skip Bayless. She was on SportsCenter until April 30th and left ESPN when her contract expired at the end of April.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, is there anything that ChrisPozz does not know? There's a guy on a basketball website I frequent that knows all stats from everywhere, we call him a robot. CP is an encyclopedia. Better than google, bing, and wikipedia.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man, is there anything that ChrisPozz does not know? There's a guy on a basketball website I frequent that knows all stats from everywhere, we call him a robot. CP is an encyclopedia. Better than google, bing, and wikipedia.

Ha aint that the truth.

Yesterday I was too lazy too look up Kaps 40 time so just posted the question to see if anyone knows it. Bout a minute later got the answer from Pozz.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
December 30th of last year was her final day. She then went to co-anchor SportsCenter for a while because she wanted to get back to working on news stories and interviewing people, which First Take got away from doing with the emergence of Skip Bayless. She was on SportsCenter until April 30th and left ESPN when her contract expired at the end of April.

Thanks Chris. Man, it really had been a while since I watched it for more than a couple of minutes here and there for me to not have noticed. The few times I tuned in this year it seemed like it was always on the 'first-and-ten' segment and I just assumed she wasn't anchoring it for that day.

I miss the Skip/Woody Paige days of Cold Pizza. I really can't stand the First-and-Ten segments now.. Skip just seems to have gone full Theatre.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks Chris. Man, it really had been a while since I watched it for more than a couple of minutes here and there for me to not have noticed. The few times I tuned in this year it seemed like it was always on the 'first-and-ten' segment and I just assumed she wasn't anchoring it for that day.

I miss the Skip/Woody Paige days of Cold Pizza. I really can't stand the First-and-Ten segments now.. Skip just seems to have gone full Theatre.

It's gotten too big for its own good. One of the biggest problems they have now is they are recycling the same topics every day or every couple of days, trying to present them in a slightly different way, but the heart of the points are pretty much always the same.

I do give SAS credit for keeping Bayless in check and pointing out the wormy things he says and does from time to time, but SAS has his limitations because he's really just a basketball guy. You can tell he's trying, and I can ALWAYS appreciate somebody that admits when they haven't seen something and admits they aren't up on a particular sport, player or team, but he can only do so much as far as keeping him in line.

I could go on and on with more things I don't like but I don't think there's much interest to hear my rant on that.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gotten too big for its own good. One of the biggest problems they have now is they are recycling the same topics every day or every couple of days, trying to present them in a slightly different way, but the heart of the points are pretty much always the same.

I do give SAS credit for keeping Bayless in check and pointing out the wormy things he says and does from time to time, but SAS has his limitations because he's really just a basketball guy. You can tell he's trying, and I can ALWAYS appreciate somebody that admits when they haven't seen something and admits they aren't up on a particular sport, player or team, but he can only do so much as far as keeping him in line.

I could go on and on with more things I don't like but I don't think there's much interest to hear my rant on that.

You know what? I know a lot of people dislike SAS, but I actually like him. Not because I think his opinions hold much value - but b/c of the reason you just said. He's not afraid to admit he doesn't know something and will always concede to the former players or coaches that come on set. You gotta respect that.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You know what? I know a lot of people dislike SAS, but I actually like him. Not because I think his opinions hold much value - but b/c of the reason you just said. He's not afraid to admit he doesn't know something and will always concede to the former players or coaches that come on set. You gotta respect that.

In today's media, that's a very, very underrated and rare trait to find in a person.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

That's my core problem with the show as well.

They'll talk about a subject in the first hour than in the next hour talk about the same subject but bring an "expert" but it's still basically the same thing.

Neither SAS or Bayless particularly bother me as I understand their roles are basically for entertainment and they are there to counter and play off of each other. I wouldn't go to either for a truly in depth and informative take on sports aside from SAS when it comes to basketball.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clyde, thank you for creating this thread. Not for the stuff on Cari Champion, but because now I don't have to create a special thread for what I'm about to get into.

I NEVER post stuff about First Take on this board but today I'm going to. I might have even had to create a special thread for this had this thread not been on here because Skip Bayless embarassed himself today maybe as bad as I've ever heard anybody in sports embarass themself.

It happened in the 2nd hour of the show when they brought Mangini on to talk about whose fault it was on the play when Tillman returned Romo's INT it for six. I was going to quote everybody word for word on here and present it that way but everybody who keeps up with the show or Bayless himself must see how badly he embarassed himself today so I'm going to post the link to today's show so you can listen to it instead.

First Take - ESPN

Zoom ahead to about the 44 or so minute mark. It'll take a little while to load if you zoom to that point so give it time. I think that's about where it starts. It's right after the Jay Feely part. Enjoy. That's all I'm going to say because it takes a few minutes to get through. I'd love to hear what others thought of it.