• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Coming Soon!

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of hbo max... are they still streaming the old episodes of chappelle show? I know netflix pulled them at daves request. Crave in canada (which is pretty much hbo max) is still streaming the episodes

/sorry dave ... ive been watching them :noidea:

Dave Chappelle Playa Haters Ball GIF

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Speaking of hbo max... are they still streaming the old episodes of chappelle show? I know netflix pulled them at daves request. Crave in canada (which is pretty much hbo max) is still streaming the episodes

/sorry dave ... ive been watching them :noidea:
Playing devil's advocate, a little but... I heard that he was upset that the episodes were playing and he wasn't getting paid for them. That just doesn't just happen for no reason. He used to own rights to the show, and then sold those rights, no?

I know the end of the show was not of the usual variety (he walked away from a contract or something), so maybe he forfeited the rights at that point?

Just saying, I think he got paid for his content, so seems a bit odd to be complaining about the current owners of that content benefiting from their property.

What am I missing?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the "movies" that I am looking forward to is a real one. And no less stupid than any I made up. Imo

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing devil's advocate, a little but... I heard that he was upset that the episodes were playing and he wasn't getting paid for them. That just doesn't just happen for no reason. He used to own rights to the show, and then sold those rights, no?

I know the end of the show was not of the usual variety (he walked away from a contract or something), so maybe he forfeited the rights at that point?

Just saying, I think he got paid for his content, so seems a bit odd to be complaining about the current owners of that content benefiting from their property.

What am I missing?
This might fill in some blanks ... hes impassioned as ever here ... essentially an industry rant how they (comedy central) used him and leveraged their position of power and his own naïveté to screw him. He never “owned his rights”.

You can say screw him for that feeling i guess. But if you do, i dont think you can get on him now for using the position of power that he has attained today to force netflix to pull his show :noidea:

Aptly titled “this is why”

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
This might fill in some blanks ... hes impassioned as ever here ... essentially an industry rant how they (comedy central) used him and leveraged their position of power and his own naïveté to screw him. He never “owned his rights”.

You can say screw him for that feeling i guess. But if you do, i dont think you can get on him now for using the position of power that he has attained today to force netflix to pull his show :noidea:

Aptly titled “this is why”
Yeah, I saw that.

Seemed Netflix didn't have a legal obligation to pull the series, but did anyway.

Obvious business decision to keep Dave happy going forward, but it struck me right away in watching his video that the rights to that show was a negotiated transaction at some point.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally finished up Fargo this weekend, great season. Multiple great characters and performances, littered with great Fargo Easter Eggs, really enjoyed it. My one minor complaint would be I thought the finale wrapped up a bit too neatly, felt like they tried to figure out the absolute easiest way to wrap things up.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally finished up Fargo this weekend, great season. Multiple great characters and performances, littered with great Fargo Easter Eggs, really enjoyed it. My one minor complaint would be I thought the finale wrapped up a bit too neatly, felt like they tried to figure out the absolute easiest way to wrap things up.
You did see the mid credits scene didn't you?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK what did Nick Fury do now....

/rhetorical, I haven't watched the show
50% of the time I ask this question it's a joke. There actually is a small mid credits scene this time.

Its actually really solid show. Nice mix of humor and violence. The first two seasons are great, the next two are not as good but still good.

Lol good regular TV nudity from Mary Elizabeth Winstead in season three.

Anyone watch "Skin a History of Nudity In The Movies" on Hulu?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lotta people gonna be burning their logs (i said pardon?) while watching that or wut ?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know Hailee Steinfeld was the lead in the upcoming Hawkeye series. Good actress.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kathryn Hahn is in WandaVision, how bad can it be?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have much rather they make a movie of all the former Ducks trying to win a beer league tourney after their goalie gets arrested.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have much rather they make a movie of all the former Ducks trying to win a beer league tourney after their goalie gets arrested.
i would go opening night for this