• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I'm not deleting my reply just because the tweet about the muscular bull is gone. That was some pirme ribbing.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Comeds you better strike, while the iron is hot

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When people ask why things like transit and other infrastructure cost so much and take so long to build in this part of the world as opposed to elsewhere, this article is exactly why.

The current Metrolinx plan to build an Ontario Line station near the Court of Appeal in downtown Toronto “directly threatens” court operations and could affect the foundations of the historic Osgoode Hall building, say the province’s top judges.

“I have no confidence that the structural integrity of Osgoode Hall can be preserved, that the safety of the occupants of Osgoode Hall and those who attend at Osgoode Hall can be maintained, or that justice can be accessed and delivered from Osgoode Hall if this project proceeds as contemplated,” wrote Associate Chief Justice of Ontario Michal Fairburn on Dec. 5 in a letter sent to Attorney General Doug Downey and copied to Phil Verster, CEO of Metrolinx.

Last month, the Law Society of Ontario, which is based in Osgoode Hall, denounced Metrolinx’s plan to move ahead with chopping down five trees from the building’s historic grove at Queen and University, despite a promise by the transit agency to wait for an independent review.

Metrolinx ultimately postponed the tree removal, saying it found an “alternative method” to conduct an archeological assessment on the site. That work is set to begin Thursday.

The Haudenosaunee Development Institute, the First Nations group that opposed the chopping of the trees, said Wednesday it will be on site when that assessment begins. It also said it may build a cabin on the Osgoode Hall lawn to help the law society protect the trees and to uphold “rights and interests on the grounds of Osgoode Hall which sit on the treaty and traditional territory of the Haudenosaunee,” according to a press release.

To summarize, cutting down FIVE TREES has created problems for the transit agency to handle with the Law Society (who apparently moonlight as engineers), a First Nations band that hasn't held right to the land in 200 years, local NIMBYs and the media who keep feeding this horse shit.

I'm trying to imagine the fucking problems that would come up if they actually ever tried to build a High Speed Rail corridor between Windsor and Quebec City, or replace that Enbridge pipeline that the governor of Michigan keeps trying to shut down with one that only runs through Canadian territory, or literally any other massive, cross-jurisdictional major infrastructure project that would pump billions into our economy and make life easier and greener.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image-6.m.jpg
Time to send out Christmas gifts, can you all pm your addresses?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^Kliph is a good writer and comedy historian btw

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed the holiday poem

The holidays are coming,
Let me say this up front,
I dont like to go to big parties,
because most people are c*nts

No, I dont have a discount card,
I dont mean to be blunt,
I dont want a membership,
because your stores full of c*nts

Its 4th and 3 at the 40,
And the team lines up to punt,
Your teams not going to win this game,
and your teams coach is a c*nt

The reindeer are all assholes,
Ruldolph I'd love to hunt,
Merry Christmas you bloody bastards,
that Santa is a real fucking c*unt

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^I got some free time this weekend, if anyone wants help writing Christmas cards......

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Erie_Eddie was the branch manager of this Olive Garden...

Status
Not open for further replies.