• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OEDO-Shea-Butter-Breast-Enhancement-Cream-Promote-Female-Hormones-Breast-Enlargement-Cream-Bust-Fast-Growth-boobs.jpg

Found this in my aunt's carry on bag. Wtf?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @forty_three , how are you faring with the winter storm? I'm in Pittsburgh now and we're just getting the brunt of it now. 40-50mph winds and temperature drop of 20 degrees in 2 hours. Wind chill of 0 and soon to be near -20. Overnight rain has already started to freeze on the roads and there's about an inch of dusting snow already covering it. Luckily no power outage yet, but I did hear a transformer blow recently in the distance.

Last edited:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @forty_three , how are you faring with the winter storm? I'm in Pittsburgh now and we're just getting the brunt of it now. 40-50mph winds and temperature drop of 20 degrees in 2 hours. Wind chill of 0 and soon to be near -20. Overnight rain has already started to freeze on the roads and there's about an inch of dusting snow already covering it. Luckily no power outage yet, but I did hear a transformer blow recently in the distance.
We're through the worst of it, but pretty much the same condition. We got about a quarter inch of rain in the half hour before the snow front moved in, so that washed all the brine off the roads and then froze so it accumulated fast and left a nice layer of ice under it all. The city basically surrendered the surface streets and are only now at like 20% plowed. I have 5 inches of snow on my driveway.

The issue now is the wind and blowing snow. My actual temp is -6 with a -30 wind chill. I am so thankful that my neighborhood has underground power lines. I can already see tree branches down in the neighbor's yard. I would imagine some of the older neighborhoods are hurting.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know nobody asked me, but I'm gonna get in on the storm fun. Visiting my parents in Buffalo for Christmas. There is a literal blizzard warning in effect and it's already a complete mess. Only a couple inches of snow has fallen, but them temp is down 20 degrees in the last 2 hours and the wind has visibility at near zero at times.

I am certainly looking forward to three days trapped in the house with my family.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know nobody asked me, but I'm gonna get in on the storm fun. Visiting my parents in Buffalo for Christmas. There is a literal blizzard warning in effect and it's already a complete mess. Only a couple inches of snow has fallen, but them temp is down 20 degrees in the last 2 hours and the wind has visibility at near zero at times.

I am certainly looking forward to three days trapped in the house with my family.
I would not want to add "lake effect" to this mess. Good luck!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, thanks. On top of that, my dad is laid up post knee surgery, so it's on me to run the snowblower. Which I haven't done in 20 years.
Wait until the worst is over and the wind has died down, otherwise the drifts will just fill it in. April sounds good.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew, I thought they were shutting down stores?
The one near me was undergoing renovations which I though they would never reopen from. It sounds like they will though, it will be about half the size it was originally but I am glad its reopening.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if accurate, but from Chief Meteorologist at WGRZ (local station)....

Good luck.

You guys win again, as usual. Stay safe and warm. I'm already getting cabin fever and the rest of my siblings and respective families don't arrive until tomorrow, if they make it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.