• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Fuck Hartsfield. Delta being horrible has a lot to do with the Hartsfield hub.
There are times I will fly in and out of Greenville/Spartanburg if the price was good. The hour and a half drive south from that airport took less time than dealing with Hartsfield and Atlanta traffic.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezra is out, I'm in. Not sure if they will superimpose my face on his body in the existing film or if I will take over afterwards. Either way, it's about time. Even without the scandals I'm better than Ezra.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezra is out, I'm in. Not sure if they will superimpose my face on his body in the existing film or if I will take over afterwards. Either way, it's about time. Even without the scandals I'm better than Ezra.
Good.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the barbershop earlier, bullshitting with the guys, and Ted told us he is hearing reports of in-store blood pressure machines squeezing peoples arms (and legs in Arkansas) off. So be careful

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this wavelength my dad was an auto mechanic and essentially did this. My parents had a wooded area behind the house and many years later we cleared out some of that area. When we cut down the one locust tree it literally had a few tree rings that were black from the oil. Since it was a locust tree I am not surprised it survived since they seem to be the cockroaches of trees.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this wavelength my dad was an auto mechanic and essentially did this. My parents had a wooded area behind the house and many years later we cleared out some of that area. When we cut down the one locust tree it literally had a few tree rings that were black from the oil. Since it was a locust tree I am not surprised it survived since they seem to be the cockroaches of trees.
My dad and uncle did the same when they ran a snowmobile place and mechanic shop back in the mid-60s.

They'd dump the oil in the grass and then periodically light the area on fire to burn it away. Tires went into the burn barrel, etc.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have one in the front yard, and those little fucking leaves are the bane of my existence.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have one in the front yard, and those little fucking leaves are the bane of my existence.
Oh yeah I despise those leaves!
I had a honey locust cut down in my front yard years ago, and I am still dealing with roots all through the yard.
When I had the tree cut down they told me to drill holes in the stump and continue to dump bleach down the holes until it finally dies. I gave up after the first year since it still lived and continued to sprout off the roots all through the yard.

It is some of the hardest wood (
jiggity GIF
) and the expense to get the stump ground even many years ago wasn't cheap.

And for the folks that don't know this is the bottom of a honey locust.
Leaves-pods-trunk-honey-locust.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Years ago I rented and returned "Field Of Dreams". I knew the clerk a bit and she asked if I liked it. I said no, and she responded that I did not like it she told me I just didn't understand it.
She's now posting on Facebook that local schools have installed litter boxes for kids that identify as cats or "furries".
So she's doing great!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Betcha some Saudi oil guy buys it and turns it into a golf course for the LIV tour.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have experience baking skates? I found a pair of Bauer Supreme 3s skates in the equipment locker that were unused and my size. They let me have them because my old skates are Vapor XVIs and about 16 years old. I wore them out on the ice tonight and they are not as rigid as I want. I like high ankle support and really tight skates. Part of the problem is that I didn't use waxed laces, so that helped them feel a bit loose. I just bought some new laces but wondering if baking them will help them conform better to my foot.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have experience baking skates? I found a pair of Bauer Supreme 3s skates in the equipment locker that were unused and my size. They let me have them because my old skates are Vapor XVIs and about 16 years old. I wore them out on the ice tonight and they are not as rigid as I want. I like high ankle support and really tight skates. Part of the problem is that I didn't use waxed laces, so that helped them feel a bit loose. I just bought some new laces but wondering if baking them will help them conform better to my foot.

@puckhead I think did this before

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in case it wasn't clear, there are not goalie skates. My ankle cannot tolerate goalie skates.

Status
Not open for further replies.