• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone be careful, be true, and go in peace. It's not a great world right now....

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Howard Hessman, usually made whatever he was in better. Except for John From Cincinnati, nothing could improve that piece of shit show.
My favorite Hesseman story:

‘As charming as you’d expect, Howard asks my name and duly sigs the back of my plane ticket, a fulsome note full of best wishes. I’m ecstatic, but as we head back to our seats, I glance down at the signature. It’s hard to decipher it but it definitely doesn’t say “Dr. Johnny Fever”. My grandad looks at it, half figures out it says “Howard Hesseman” – I have absolutely no idea who that is, and my heart sinks. I tell my grandad he’s signed it wrong, that he’s put someone else’s name – so my grandad heads back to Howard Hesseman, holding the ticket which he’s only just signed.
‘I remember staying by our seats my grandad saying “he says you’ve signed the wrong name. He says your name is Dr. Johnny Fever.” Howard Hesseman’s face crinkled with realization and he beckoned me over. When I was by his knee, he leant over, looked from side to side, raised an eyebrow and in a hushed voice said to me “I have to sign my name as ‘Howard Hesseman’ because otherwise… WPIG might find out I was here.”
‘He asked me not to tell anyone I’d just seen Dr. Johnny Fever, and he thanked me for keeping his secret. I went back to our seats, my nerves absolutely jangling with delight. My grandad asked me if he’d signed “Dr. Johnny Fever”. No, I said. I’d got it wrong. I was working with Dr. Johnny Fever now.’
That was wonderful enough – but the story just got better.
Many, many years later, I was working as a scriptwriter on a recording that involved UNICEF, and Howard Hesseman was doing a piece to camera as an ambassador. He was completely lovely and while the cameramen were setting up, I told him in passing the story of when I met him in Nice Airport. He was happy to hear it, and he had a chuckle and said “Well, I don’t remember but I’m glad you got to meet Dr. Johnny Fever.” So that was lovely.
And then he did something so brilliant. After the filming, he walked past me in the corridor, heading out to his car – but as he got level, he paused, looked both ways, raised an eyebrow and in a hushed voice said, “Of course I remember our meeting in Nice. But I didn’t say anything in there, because those cameramen – any one of them could be working for WPIG.”

‘I was as delighted at 30 as I had been at 7. What a man. What a tremendous man.’

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Howard Hessman, usually made whatever he was in better. Except for John From Cincinnati, nothing could improve that piece of shit show.
Dude was in two shows with Cincinnati in the title?

And he dies the day after Cincy makes the Super Bowl for the first time in decades?

Weird.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And he dies the day after Cincy makes the Super Bowl for the first time in decades?

Weird.
What would have been weirder is if SF had made it to the SB. All 3 Cincy appearances against the 49ers.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Weird.
There’s a Head of the Class CSI:Cincinnati joke in here somewhere but I can’t make it work

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, in case anyone didn't know, the Hesseman story above was really about Roger Moore and James Bond.

Sorry

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Ric Flair trending on twitter and thought oh no!
Welp it is just him getting divorced again. So women watch out he is back on the prowl.

Ric Flair Wrestling GIF by WWE

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Ric Flair trending on twitter and thought oh no!
Welp it is just him getting divorced again. So women watch out he is back on the prowl.

Ric Flair Wrestling GIF by WWE
I assumed he died a long time ago lol

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am pleased to announce that I am selling land and cars in my made up world: Snorkistan. For every plot of land over 6 arcres (3.4 gigabytes) you get 3 free entries into the Snorkistan race track to practice.

The fastest 22 laps in practice at the track are entered into the Snorkiverse Grand Prix. The winner gets an NFT of a photo I have of two monkeys trying to hump a football.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a screenshot of Google Maps traffic at 9AM EST today. Clearly identifies where the storm is. Especially the localized storm cells in Philly, DC and NYC.
dc99ufvenmf81.png

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew, I just read that the Octomom died and I was saddened by it. However I read the headline wrong, apparently its another Octomom known as OctomUm who died. It wasn't the Octomom we all know and love and who @jstewismybastardson buys videos from.

Status
Not open for further replies.