• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Morehead State University was on my shortlist before choosing McMaster(bator).

How did you find McMaster? My daughter is hoping to be accepted for a Masters program and she has McMaster on her short list along with Western and Dalhousie.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you find McMaster? My daughter is hoping to be accepted for a Masters program and she has McMaster on her short list along with Western and Dalhousie.
All honestly, it's a fantastic school with a fantastic student life. Westdale is a great area of Hamilton, transit to get to Toronto from there is really good (pretty sure GO Transit runs buses direct from Mac to Union Station in downtown TO and if not there's definitely buses from campus to Aldershot GO stn. and the train is only about an hour) and while I never did a masters program my friend did his MBA there and thought very highly of it.

The smartest woman I know started med school at Western and ended up switching to law instead; she finished her JD at Western two years ago and is working for the crown prosecutor now. About as good an advertisement as I can think of for that school, she's an incredible person. London's an alright town too.

Can't speak about Dalhousie but I know its reputation is good. Your daughter would be well set at any of those TBH.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tsead5A.jpg

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I happened to find myself in Morehead* City, NC on Thanksgiving. There was one actual restaurant (using the term loosely) that was open with an overflowing parking lot or McDonald's. Even the Taco Bell was closed, so we ate McD's for Thanksgiving while GF sipped from a 12 year old reserve Tullamore Dew. It was amazing.

* - I know that name sounds like an early James Bond heroine name, but it's a real place. Kip
I know the area. We used to vacation in Emerald Isle back in the 90s.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than better cell phone coverage, it's pretty much the same I think.
It's a gem. Mostly just beach house rentals. Having a local ordinance (still in effect?) preventing buildings higher than 3 stories keeps the over-development in check.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely a block, didn't have his feet set.

Status
Not open for further replies.