• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, is there like some training course at the start of a career, or is it just that the job of "Car Salesman" only attracts the smarmiest pieces of human garbage? It's astonishing how every single one is a liar. And not even a good one.

There's one particular car, a Mazda CX-9 that the missus wants. To replace her old CX-9 that is going to the boy. One salesman, AT A MAZDA DEALER, said "we don't see them often. I've been here ten years and I have maybe only seen 10 total for sale." There are 3 on the lot right now. Plus we bought hers there 7 years ago. And they had three to choose from then. So, Dave, that's SIX.

Another dealer tried to tell us, after we made an offer on one, that their selling price was already 2500 less than the "trade in value". So I said "I could buy this 10 times and keep trading it back in and eventually get one for free?".

I took my car in for service last week and they were remodeling so I was sitting in the corner of the show room. A pretty woman came in dressed in business attire and walked straight into the back so she was obviously there to see someone - and a dumbass salesman (men?) couldn't even wait until she was out of earshot to catcall her. So classy.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
i worked at a car dealership while i was in university (not in sales). the clowns there were just outstanding.
I was there for about 4 years, and every single Christmas party someone got fired for doing something incredibly offensive. it made for good theater.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1