• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be right back.
cosmo kramer comedy GIF

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if they have deals that um...come with chips and a drink?
I just called, they don't. Their value meal includes the sandwich, salmonella, and pubic lice.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't just a typecast actor, either. He was also great in Galaxy Quest, Hitchhiker's Guide the the Galaxy, Dogma, Robin Hood, and the Harry Potter movies, to name just a few. I just loved his wry delivery.
He was really good in a movie few people saw called Bottle Shock about California wine attempting to be taken seriously in the wine world. It was not a great movie but it was light, fun, and amusing. And Rickman was great in it.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just found my high school yearbook and some of my responses have not aged well. For the "Person I most admire" section I wrote:

The person I most admire is my mother. No, just kidding its Hulk Hogan. He is a real American and fights for the rights of every man. He would never say anything racist or cheat on his wife with someone elses wife. I love you Hulk Hogan!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been at my new job since July after 13 years at the previous one. Hard decision, made harder by my hard-headedness to not let go of a department I built and a belief that I could fix the radical political landscape change that occurred with it being taken away.

Just got my bonus info at the new place. It was prefaced with "Sorry, but we had to pro-rate since you were only here 5 months in the calendar year." It's more than my last full year bonus was at the last place.

Feel like an idiot for not making the move sooner. Sometimes the grass is actually greener.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not pictured: Fridge filled with beer.

Honestly don't need the TV all that much anymore. A good couch is worth it though.

Furniture is a racket. For all the shit the clothing industry gets for being wasteful and utilizing sweatshop labour etc. furniture is 100x worse.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly don't need the TV all that much anymore.

Streams have become pretty good quality, but there are times when they still lag and get choppy and force me to refresh. Always good to have the tv as a backup :D

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel like an idiot for not making the move sooner. Sometimes the grass is actually greener.
Oh, I know the grass is way greener than where I currently am, but I don't want all that extra yard work.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Streams have become pretty good quality, but there are times when they still lag and get choppy and force me to refresh. Always good to have the tv as a backup :D
I'm more of the opinion that television in general sucks these days. You get 2-3 shows to get excited for annually and 4000 piles of algo crap. It's basically sports and Jeopardy for me at this point and I'm finding less time/excitement for sports.

If the Mrs. didn't need 14 different Housewives shows to put on in the background whenever she chops carrots I don't think we'd have anything.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'm more of the opinion that television in general sucks these days. You get 2-3 shows to get excited for annually and 4000 piles of algo crap. It's basically sports and Jeopardy for me at this point and I'm finding less time/excitement for sports.

If the Mrs. didn't need 14 different Housewives shows to put on in the background whenever she chops carrots I don't think we'd have anything.
my shaw contract is up in a couple of months (and they keep phoning me every week).
they offer me everything, more channels, more speed, more data, more blah blah blah for $200per month.

really considering going bare bones + sports, considering we have netflix, prime, disney anyway
haven't priced it out yet but that's prob $180 anyway.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my shaw contract is up in a couple of months (and they keep phoning me every week).
they offer me everything, more channels, more speed, more data, more blah blah blah for $200per month.

really considering going bare bones + sports, considering we have netflix, prime, disney anyway
haven't priced it out yet but that's prob $180 anyway.
When the Rogers deal closes my guess is it’ll shoot up so yeah maybe lock it in now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.