• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also when I scan an item and about 1/1000th of a second later the scolding checkout voice says "please place scanned items in bagging area"....by the time I am done, not in a good mood.

That's the kicker for me as well, they give you no time to place the item in the cloth bag that you have brought to the store, like excuse me for not wanting to crush other food items already in the bag. It's like a high pressure game of 'Beat the Clock'.

/Now I'm in a bad mood :D

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the kicker for me as well, they give you no time to place the item in the cloth bag that you have brought to the store, like excuse me for not wanting to crush other food items already in the bag. It's like a high pressure game of 'Beat the Clock'.

/Now I'm in a bad mood :D
At the check out lines here they also have "Would you like to round up 97 cents for charity?".
No, these grapes cost $6 and I destroyed half of them trying to get them to scan! How about we round down the 3 cents?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
superstore got new self check lines and they fail on every 3rd item scanned. they also have double the amount of checkouts but 40% of them are usually not working.

now they have a 25 items or less rule. I could scan 200 items faster than a regular lane but now I have to go through the damn slow lines.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also when I scan an item and about 1/1000th of a second later the scolding checkout voice says "please place scanned items in bagging area"....by the time I am done, not in a good mood.
Don't go to Aldi then, because in addition to shouting at you to place your item in the bagging area it also suggests you are done after every item and starts giving instructions on how to pay. Every item.

A big part of the problem with self checkouts is they are programmed to believe everyone is trying to steal. So if the exact weight of the scanned item doesn't match the amount of pressure placed in the bagging area to the milligram, it brain farts. I once had one trip up on me because the packet of taco seasoning I was buying was programmed as 16 ounces, not 16 grams. And God forbid you try to move any bag or item before the transaction is done. One of our grocery stores here does not allow plastic bags. They encourage you to bring your own reusable bags. Problem is, as soon as you put your bag down to put your items in as you scan you get the "UNAUTHORIZED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA".

The store I go to the most, Meijer (which is like a nice Wal Mart), doesn't mess with any of that. You can throw stuff directly back in your cart after scanning and it doesn't bother you with putting stuff in the bagging area and it doesn't go into neural shutdown if you put your own bag down to bag as you go. They also have an app that you can scan and bag stuff with your phone as you shop and check out with one step. They verify three things in your cart and you go.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the check out lines here they also have "Would you like to round up 97 cents for charity?".
No, these grapes cost $6 and I destroyed half of them trying to get them to scan! How about we round down the 3 cents?
WHY YES! I WOULD LOVE TO VOLUNTEER TO PAY YOU EVEN MORE FOR STUFF THAT COSTS TWICE AS MUCH AS IT DID SIX MONTHS AGO! THANK YOU!

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in a self check out the other day and was buying duct tape. The self check out made someone come over to verify my age.

Maybe I look too young to be a kidnapper lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine this human double cheeseburger shitting on you because you put on 2 lbs.

The dancers accused Lizzo — a performer known for embracing body positivity and celebrating her physique — of calling attention to one dancer’s weight gain and later berating, then firing, that dancer after she recorded a meeting because of a health condition.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't go to Aldi then, because in addition to shouting at you to place your item in the bagging area it also suggests you are done after every item and starts giving instructions on how to pay. Every item.

A big part of the problem with self checkouts is they are programmed to believe everyone is trying to steal. So if the exact weight of the scanned item doesn't match the amount of pressure placed in the bagging area to the milligram, it brain farts. I once had one trip up on me because the packet of taco seasoning I was buying was programmed as 16 ounces, not 16 grams. And God forbid you try to move any bag or item before the transaction is done. One of our grocery stores here does not allow plastic bags. They encourage you to bring your own reusable bags. Problem is, as soon as you put your bag down to put your items in as you scan you get the "UNAUTHORIZED ITEM IN BAGGING AREA".

The store I go to the most, Meijer (which is like a nice Wal Mart), doesn't mess with any of that. You can throw stuff directly back in your cart after scanning and it doesn't bother you with putting stuff in the bagging area and it doesn't go into neural shutdown if you put your own bag down to bag as you go. They also have an app that you can scan and bag stuff with your phone as you shop and check out with one step. They verify three things in your cart and you go.
if you dont notice it when you get the product off the shelf, this can be a sure fire notice that a product/package has undergone shrinkflation (and they havent updated the SKU weight). Ive had it happen a couple times where the "unauthorized item in the bagging area" message comes up and then i notice oh yah ... the package is smaller.

I do notice Ive come across some staff at the Safeway we do grocery shopping at that are stationed at self checkouts that clear the alarms at their terminal immediately without even checking what has gone awry. Theyre the best lol

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine this human double cheeseburger shitting on you because you put on 2 lbs.

The dancers accused Lizzo — a performer known for embracing body positivity and celebrating her physique — of calling attention to one dancer’s weight gain and later berating, then firing, that dancer after she recorded a meeting because of a health condition.
boy, Lizzo sounds like a wonderful soul.... so sweet.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you dont notice it when you get the product off the shelf, this can be a sure fire notice that a product/package has undergone shrinkflation (and they havent updated the SKU weight). Ive had it happen a couple times where the "unauthorized item in the bagging area" message comes up and then i notice oh yah ... the package is smaller.

I do notice Ive come across some staff at the Safeway we do grocery shopping at that are stationed at self checkouts that clear the alarms at their terminal immediately without even checking what has gone awry. Theyre the best lol

superstore as well

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to see a lot of celebrities with nothing but good things to say about Paul Reubens. He seemed to be genuinely liked by pretty much everyone.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought my wife was mad at me but I guess not. She just booked us a lakefront cabin in Gainesville Georgia.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borat’s father was Boltok The Rapist lol

Status
Not open for further replies.