• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop part deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP... Fuck cancer.

Had no clue he had cancer and even a bigger shocker I had no clue he was 70 already.
yeah I was surprised as well. incredible that someone high profile as him kept it so quiet.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another day another few dead on lake Lanier.

Details around the other two:

What I am told is to never jump in the water near docks like that.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hgbwuln9ddfb1.jpg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
those spectators and photographers are more insane than the drivers

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now bring back plastic bags.

I was unfortunately in a Wal Mart recently and usually use self checkout whenever I can at most stores. They had a corral with like 15 self checkouts and every single one was at a standstill because the people using them were not smart enough to use them. And they only had one person working trying to help. Like one guy kept wiping his grapes ON THE SCREEN trying to scan them.

There really should be some kind of task you have to complete to get into the self checkout. Set a digital clock, respond to a single email in a chain of emails, read an Athletic article for free... that kind of thing.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was unfortunately in a Wal Mart recently and usually use self checkout whenever I can at most stores. They had a corral with like 15 self checkouts and every single one was at a standstill because the people using them were not smart enough to use them. And they only had one person working trying to help. Like one guy kept wiping his grapes ON THE SCREEN trying to scan them.

There really should be some kind of task you have to complete to get into the self checkout. Set a digital clock, respond to a single email in a chain of emails, read an Athletic article for free... that kind of thing.
My local grocery store has about 12 self check out lines, about 3 staffed lines which are always three carts deep, and about 10 people standing around directing you to a self checkout line and then chatting with each other. So usually I try to use a self check out line. At least these at this store are awful. Maybe I am dumb, but two or three times a checkout I (and most others it seems) need assistance for seemingly no reason. Vague "help is needed with this item" or "help is on its way" (oh I highly doubt that) messages are all the information. By the time I am done I am usually daydreaming about burning the place to the ground.
Also when I scan an item and about 1/1000th of a second later the scolding checkout voice says "please place scanned items in bagging area"....by the time I am done, not in a good mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.