• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: OT: 2016 Summer Olympics

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing they got 50 fts.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing they got 50 fts.

That was all the Serbs were doing defensively. Hack, shove, bump, repeat.

The US team has no cohesiveness at all. There are no passers on this team either. It's aggravating watching the Australians and now the Serbs run offense with solid picks and screens and great ball movement, then watch the US come down and either have one player pound the ball for most of the possession or someone take a bad perimeter shot. Garbage basketball. The US is winning largely on athleticism, as there is little to no team play or any sort of offensive flow whatsoever.

Even on defense the US has no idea what it's doing. Two guys run at the ball, leaving guys wide open all over the court. Open layups, open jumpers, open backdoor cuts, etc. Durant might as well be on the bench. He gets lazy defensively and is barely contributing offensively.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wide open look from a good shooter to tie at the buzzer.

And some in here wanted the college kids. LOL.

College kids would play more as a team. This pro team had what, maybe 6 practices to get ready for the friendly games? College kids would've had a lot more time to prepare and would play more as a unit at both ends of the floor. Maybe there would be a passer or two on the roster as well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College kids would play more as a team. This pro team had what, maybe 6 practices to get ready for the friendly games? College kids would've had a lot more time to prepare and would play more as a unit at both ends of the floor. Maybe there would be a passer or two on the roster as well.

See my post on the last page.

A new group of college kids every year is not the answer. They need to build cohesion with a consistent roster. That won't happen if they start practicing in May.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the chances that a team with their coach like Spurs or the Cavs would do better than these 'dream teams'?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the "C team" roster thrown together at the last minute.
But, we did win. We didn't actually lose despite all the criticism making it seem like we lost.

I would love for it to be:

Chris Paul
Steph Curry
Kawahi Leonard
Lebron James
Anthony Davis

But, the roster is what it is. They are still likely to win the gold medal even with the "C" team.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home, so can anyone explain to me how we almost lost to freakin Serbia?!?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

College kids would get blown out by both of the last 2 teams that the US played. The best college players all leave after 1 or 2 years. Even if we sent those players, it's still a bunch of 18 and 19 year old kids who haven't been playing together against teams of 30 year olds who have been playing together for 10 years.

I agree with tlance. The answer is to send a more balanced team of NBA players.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The women gymnastic team has been awesome

The women's beach volley ball were terrific

Phelps has been awesome in spite of not getting his fourth gold in the last race - but he is already taking home gold from this Olympics.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got home, so can anyone explain to me how we almost lost to freakin Serbia?!?
It's not like the best of the NBA was playing - I think this year's team will be okay, but it's going to be a lot closer then when Kobe, Carmello, Lebron and Wade were all on the same team

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God Ginobili is such a doofus. He thinks he's MJ or something. Dribbling down the clock, chucking up a contested prayer and missing the rim entirely. Hilarious to watch

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell did the Brazil player just do? Good grief. Argentina wins ok a major flub by some botard on Brazil.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College kids would get blown out by both of the last 2 teams that the US played. The best college players all leave after 1 or 2 years. Even if we sent those players, it's still a bunch of 18 and 19 year old kids who haven't been playing together against teams of 30 year olds who have been playing together for 10 years.

I agree with tlance. The answer is to send a more balanced team of NBA players.

I wasn't claiming the college kids would be the ultimate answer. They would however play as more of a team within their roles, a definite weakness with this current bunch of pros.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was truly a great game.

Yep and those 2 countries hate each other. It'd be like Greece v Turkey or Iraq v Iran or Serbia v Croatia

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't claiming the college kids would be the ultimate answer. They would however play as more of a team within their roles, a definite weakness with this current bunch of pros.

No doubt. The problem is, they'd get blown out while playing withing their roles. I think this current team is put together the way it is because of the guys who chose not to play.

I don't know if it was Zika and safety concerns that kept them away, but when guys like Lebron, CP3 and Steph Curry decided not to play, it completely changed the overall chemistry of the team. Imo, if they added even one of those 3, the team would be much better because they'd make sure the ball was moving like it should be.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. The problem is, they'd get blown out while playing withing their roles. I think this current team is put together the way it is because of the guys who chose not to play.

I don't know if it was Zika and safety concerns that kept them away, but when guys like Lebron, CP3 and Steph Curry decided not to play, it completely changed the overall chemistry of the team. Imo, if they added even one of those 3, the team would be much better because they'd make sure the ball was moving like it should be.

Lebron has to be worn out with all the consecutive postseasons. Steph was banged up. Not sure about CP3. To me, CP3 is the biggest miss (need that true PG and leadership).