• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Osu game cancelled

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the B1G require the 14 day after last positive test before they can play again? If fields does have it, he’s done for reg season.
Yes. That's why I brought up Ryan Day coming into everyday contact with Fields. We could potentially lose most of our offensive skill players. This is a really bad feeling. Of course we won't know until game time.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else think the CFP game should have an asterix next to it?
I mean, no one is able to complete a full schedule at this point, and the B10 who is trying to at least get enough games in to make a statement cant seem to keep games on the schedule as they keep getting canceled. At this point were gonna end up with some crazy ass teams in the Playoffs. Personally I think it should have expanded to 8 teams this year, there are plenty of teams with zero losses. Hell, even the SBC has the crown over the B12 and they should get a shot at least.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy ass teams in the playoffs?

Likely going to have an undefeated Bama, 1 loss Clemson, 1 loss Notre Dame, and another team from the SEC....seems pretty normal

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They shouldn't make the playoffs at 7-0 with 1 good win.

I would lean towards the teams who played 12 teams and went 11-1 or 12-0.

Feel bad for you guys but you can only blame your conference.

But if Bama wins the SEC ship. There will not be any 1 loss options. In that case I think you have to give it to OSU without question if they are still able to run the table with a BIG 10 title game win.

A 2 loss team in the playoffs would be gross, even in this stupid ass season.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, no one is able to complete a full schedule at this point, and the B10 who is trying to at least get enough games in to make a statement cant seem to keep games on the schedule as they keep getting canceled. At this point were gonna end up with some crazy ass teams in the Playoffs. Personally I think it should have expanded to 8 teams this year, there are plenty of teams with zero losses. Hell, even the SBC has the crown over the B12 and they should get a shot at least.

Ummmmm if anything expanding it would create a bigger asterisk lol

The best teams are still going to be in this 4 team one except potentially OSU getting left out.

In reality when the title game ends up Bama vs Clemson again, there is no asterisk that can even be considered.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The best teams are still going to be in this 4 team one except potentially OSU getting left out.

In reality when the title game ends up Bama vs Clemson again, there is no asterisk that can even be considered.

Bama/ Clemson part 4

Riveting stuff

Loved the first two movies. The third one was about on Rocky 5 levels...a 4th would be Green Lantern

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The leadership of the PAC is a trainwreck. Larry Scott needs to be fired with extreme prejudice tomorrow. Should of happened two years ago, but now would be perfect. Pink slip that do nothing clown in Dec to give this conference a major Christmas present.
Larry Scott should’ve been canned years ago.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if Bama wins the SEC ship. There will not be any 1 loss options. In that case I think you have to give it to OSU without question if they are still able to run the table with a BIG 10 title game win.

A 2 loss team in the playoffs would be gross, even in this stupid ass season.
A&M

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this should eliminate them imo
OK...lucky they have rules and not your opinion.

But the rules could end up eliminating them is MSU game ends up not being played as has been said by some.

Even that would only keep them out of BIG title game. They still play someone that week, though (unlike other years). Taking them over an undefeated NW team might be tough to do, but along with NW could happen. Crazy year. Not like they have protocol to follow.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season was fucked right from the beginning. I mean the restrictions and how many games scheduled with very little of margin of error was a failure from the get go. Regardless of what happens from here, it was a delight to be able to see Fields, Olave, and so many others push to at least attempt to play this season. And the B1G Commisioner Warren didn't help matters.

Don't the 14 university presidents make the final call on cancled games or is the decision all the commisioners? :noidea:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep this season been a waste for BIG and Pac-12. Both conferences should have started in the first Saturday of October at latest. Starting so late with zero room for error when it comes to games being canceled due to covid basically eliminated their conferences from the playoffs.
sure didn't help (and agree should have started earlier), but pretty sure an undefeated BIG team gets in over 2-loss B12 even if they play a lot more games.

Not something I think should be used in normal times, but have to think the "who would beat whom if they played" card might be used to pick the 4 teams. Not a lock that gets OSU in, but it could. and if it doesn't, so be it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those could be justified, too....but if you are talking non P5 undefeated teams they might have no "good wins". The 11-1 teams might have 1....and a loss. Tough call for them. Gonna be some upset players/coaches/fans no matter what and not the fault of CFP members. No rules to follow in a case like this.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can put an asterisk next to anything, and anyone can have any opinion on it he wants. People still bitched about Roger Maris until Maguire and Sosa, and bitched about them until
Bonds.

The one guarantee is whichever team wins the CFP will proudly display the trophy, and all the asterisks in the world aren’t changing that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess could give an * to a team who could not make a case for a 4 teamer inclusion but I would not give an * to one that had a decent case for 4 teams to be in.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can put an asterisk next to anything, and anyone can have any opinion on it he wants. People still bitched about Roger Maris until Maguire and Sosa, and bitched about them until
Bonds.

The one guarantee is whichever team wins the CFP will proudly display the trophy, and all the asterisks in the world aren’t changing that.
and if a team has to win an EXTRA game they normally would not have to win (moving to 8 teams) hard to apply an * to that team.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who played 12 games?