• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oregon or Utah...don't fuck up.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just college sports ... in every team sport.

Example: 2006 St. Louis Cardinals

The Cardinals won their division with an 83-78 record and went on to win the World Series.

If Clemson, ohio state, LSU, Oklahoma and Oregon win out, Clemson, ohio state and LSU should be in the playoffs. Oregon and Oklahoma will have a legitimate bitch if Georgia or Alabama is selected before them. Just my opinion ... if you want wildcard teams in expand the playoffs to 8.
I'd definitely say Oklahoma will have a legitimate bitch. They will probably have 3-4 ranked wins under their belt compared to 1 for Alabama. Oregon, maybe not so much with only 1 ranked win themselves, and coming against a Utah team that has yet to face a ranked opponent and lost to an unranked team.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd definitely say Oklahoma will have a legitimate bitch. They will probably have 3-4 ranked wins under their belt compared to 1 for Alabama. Oregon, maybe not so much with only 1 ranked win themselves, and coming against a Utah team that has yet to face a ranked opponent and lost to an unranked team.

Oklahoma has a worse loss and played a weak OOC slate.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You probably right, but if you are not going to take the PAC seriously then remove them from the P5 and make it the P4. On a side note ... I hate your team :suds:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma has a worse loss and played a weak OOC slate.
As of right now, Oregon's SOS is 30 while Oklahoma's is 41. I fully expect these to be different by Sunday. Oklahoma has 3 ranked teams on their schedule for the next 4 weeks, provided they make it to the CCG. Oregon has 1 if they make the CCG. Also, Oklahoma's "worse loss" is still against a ranked team, so that's a pretty dumb argument. It's not like Auburn is top 5 or something.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably right, but if you are not going to take the PAC seriously then remove them from the P5 and make it the P4. On a side note ... I hate your team :suds:
It's not about not taking them serious, it's about the complete and total lack of quality OOC wins and the fact that the entire conference outside of 2 teams has royally shit the bed this year. This isn't a comment on all playoffs moving forward, it's just about this season.

I hate your team, too!

SpecificDamagedBoar-size_restricted.gif

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about not taking them serious, it's about the complete and total lack of quality OOC wins and the fact that the entire conference outside of 2 teams has royally shit the bed this year. This isn't a comment on all playoffs moving forward, it's just about this season.

I hate your team, too!

What's the best OOC win for the BigXII?

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate your team, too!

Never stop hating us ... I don't think I could take it.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair point, they don't have any ranked wins. That said, the entire conference outside of two teams isn't a pile of mediocre nonsense like the Pac 12.

You're right. The BigXII is a pile of mediocre nonsense outside of ONE team (OU).

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. The BigXII is a pile of mediocre nonsense outside of ONE team (OU).
LOL ok man. There are 3-4 teams in the Big 12 that would be unbeaten with Utah's schedule. They don't have any elite teams necessarily, but overall they're still clearly better than the Pac12.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL ok man. There are 3-4 teams in the Big 12 that would be unbeaten with Utah's schedule. They don't have any elite teams necessarily, but overall they're still clearly better than the Pac12.

There is 1 team (OU). Baylor, KSU, and others would all have at least 1 loss.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is 1 team (OU). Baylor, KSU, and others would all have at least 1 loss.
Eh maybe, maybe not. There are simply better quality teams in the Big 12 though. Oklahoma would have a better case for the playoff than either Utah or Oregon.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just college sports ... in every team sport.
Example: 2006 St. Louis Cardinals

The Cardinals won their division with an 83-78 record and went on to win the World Series.

If Clemson, ohio state, LSU, Oklahoma and Oregon win out, Clemson, ohio state and LSU should be in the playoffs. Oregon and Oklahoma will have a legitimate bitch if Georgia or Alabama is selected before them. Just my opinion ... if you want wildcard teams in expand the playoffs to 8.
The example you use is exactly the type of situation the CFB purists want to prevent. Teams like you describe have never had the opportunity for a natty in the history of college football. Such performances were not recognized as deserving of an opportunity. The purists want to continue that. They do not want a team that fiddle farts around in the regular season, plays just well enough to win a conference and then gets on a roll at the end of the season. Such a team might knock off a team that "earned" a spot by not fiddle farting around during the regular season. By preventing such from having an opportunity, it preserves the regular season and punishes the behavior you described. Such is what makes CFB different in their opinion.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh maybe, maybe not. There are simply better quality teams in the Big 12 though. Oklahoma would have a better case for the playoff than either Utah or Oregon.

Baylor is about as good as Washington or USC in the PAC. They'd have plenty of losses.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor is about as good as Washington or USC in the PAC. They'd have plenty of losses.
Baylor has two road wins, both by 3 scores, over teams that would be unbeaten with Utah's schedule. Not saying they would beat Auburn, but they'd have the same record as Oregon if they played their schedule. Washington lost by 10 to a bad Stanford team. Baylor would beat Stanford. I'd also be shocked if USC or Washington could go on the road at Okie State or Kansas State and win by 3 scores.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor has two road wins, both by 3 scores, over teams that would be unbeaten with Utah's schedule. Not saying they would beat Auburn, but they'd have the same record as Oregon if they played their schedule. Washington lost by 10 to a bad Stanford team. Baylor would beat Stanford. I'd also be shocked if USC or Washington could go on the road at Okie State or Kansas State and win by 3 scores.
2019 Baylor = playing good teams good and playing bad teams bad.

While Baylor plays hard and is well taught, their talent level is not up to that of others. They don't have many (if any) players that could start on the top 10 teams. JMO

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one in the BigXII would be unbeaten with Utahs schedule except perhaps OU. Baylor has not played OU, therefore your argument is fallacious.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one in the BigXII would be unbeaten with Utahs schedule except perhaps OU. Baylor has not played OU, therefore your argument is fallacious.
It's not though, because playing OU means nothing when comparing them to Utah and Oregon. They'd be unbeaten with Utah's schedule. They've already beaten two teams that are better than anyone Utah has faced, and they beat them handily on the road. Utah could not do that, no questions asked.