• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oregon facilities. As good as advertised?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they just played in the NCG...?

And got spanked into next season because they were exposed as frauds who got in on a bad schedule with a mediocre team? Do you even watch football? Amazing.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had to stop reading after that... not the last 15 years and that's good enough for me. recent success is greater than leather helmets

And had you read instead of attempting to summarize you would see it had nothing to do with leather helmets. Reading isn't a strong skill set for Oregon grads is it?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU's is getting better and better. 15,000 square foot for just the football weight room. THen another 5,000 sq ft for aerobics, stretching, and so on.

weight-room-1-lg.jpg

weight-room-2-lg.jpg

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And got spanked into next season because they were exposed as frauds who got in on a bad schedule with a mediocre team? Do you even watch football? Amazing.

a Fraud? Who in your mind could have hung with Alabama? Oregon might have been the only one, but who else could have put up a better fight than ND? Probably any team gets steamrolled by Bama.

Notre Dame went undefeated in what turned out to be a decent schedule, not great, but not terrible. They had some quality wins.

I love how you ask if I even watch football, yet you make the statement that ND sucked ass...who just played in the NCG.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a Fraud? Who in your mind could have hung with Alabama? Oregon might have been the only one, but who else could have put up a better fight than ND? Probably any team gets steamrolled by Bama.

Notre Dame went undefeated in what turned out to be a decent schedule, not great, but not terrible. They had some quality wins.

I love how you ask if I even watch football, yet you make the statement that ND sucked ass...who just played in the NCG.

ND did not belong in the NCG. They were gifted two wins Stanford and Pitt(two men on the filed with the same number on Pitt's FG attempt and they were RIGHT in from of an official, but no call). They barely beat Purdue, BYU, and a 6-7 USC. There were other teams that could have made the NCG much more competitive.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is actually revamping most athletic facilities on campus. With the renovations done on Crisler arena (center), Yost, the baseball/softball fields, and the Big House - the next in line are Schembechler hall and the "walk of champions" leading up to the athletic facilities, specifically the big house:
south_crisler_new-image.jpg

south_woc.jpg

michigan-stadium_660.jpg

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ND did not belong in the NCG. They were gifted two wins Stanford and Pitt(two men on the filed with the same number on Pitt's FG attempt and they were RIGHT in from of an official, but no call). They barely beat Purdue, BYU, and a 6-7 USC. There were other teams that could have made the NCG much more competitive.

:agree:

Of the teams Bama played that were ranked: They blew out an overrated Michigan team early, Beat up an overrated Miss St team, beat LSU by 4, Lost to aTm by 5, and beat Georgia by 4. You are going to tell me no other team in the nation could have played a decent game against them when the last three ranked teams they played were 5 point or less spreads and one was a loss? Really man. Follow the sport a bit before you embarrass yourself more.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Of the teams Bama played that were ranked: They blew out an overrated Michigan team early, Beat up an overrated Miss St team, beat LSU by 4, Lost to aTm by 5, and beat Georgia by 4. You are going to tell me no other team in the nation could have played a decent game against them when the last three ranked teams they played were 5 point or less spreads and one was a loss? Really man. Follow the sport a bit before you embarrass yourself more.

oh so you wanted another SEC vs SEC title game just so the game would be closer? Like I said, the only other team in the country that was in the NCG race that could have given Bama a better game was Oregon.

go ahead and agree, because of any other team legitimately in the title hunt, they all probably get steam rolled.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice FSU...

1.jpg

They are putting more money into them which is nice. I still think that having the largest continuous brick structure in the United States for a stadium is awesome. Plus there is nothing like hearing 80k plus doing the warchant at night.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This notion that others are jealous is so laughable. Oregon bought their way to where they are. They didn't earn it. USC will rise again as they always do and UW will keep on building their way back up through sweat and hard work. I'm not sure which program you all would be more proud of, but I'd rather not be the rent-a-champs myself. Err, I mean rent-a-fiesta-bowl champs. :suds:

We won't get to see the new facilities until game week to open the season. They are holding all of that until then.

Really Oregon wasn't out on the field with blood, sweat and hard work getting faster, stronger, better, than almost everyone else they played? they didnt build up from Brooks and just being happy to make a bowl, to Bellotti to contending for the conference, to Kelly and owning the conference? they didnt earn that?

And are you really gonna tell me that you dont think the Huskies and Sark wouldn't want a Fiesta Bowl?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I tried to just be humble but now it's time. Try not to get your keyboard wet with tears! Someone mentioned 5,000 sq foot facility earlier. Try 37,000!

The new weight room has 21,000-square feet on the first level and 16,000-square feet on the second level. The ground level consists of the weight room that is highlighted by 20 combination racks that feature platforms that are built into the ground for a level surface that provides a safer workout environment. Great video from the best strength coach in the country, Scott Cochran!

A Look Inside Alabama's New Weight Room - ROLLTIDE.COM - University of Alabama Official Athletic Site

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I got to say is, it's about time UW did their renovations. The lower bowl was pushing 100 years old.

Old

HSold_zps5675fa27.jpg
HSWAT_zps1cec1a1d.jpg

New

HSFin_zps85aeaa45.jpg
HSREN_zpse3897f14.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I tried to just be humble but now it's time. Try not to get your keyboard wet with tears! Someone mentioned 5,000 sq foot facility earlier. Try 37,000!

The new weight room has 21,000-square feet on the first level and 16,000-square feet on the second level. The ground level consists of the weight room that is highlighted by 20 combination racks that feature platforms that are built into the ground for a level surface that provides a safer workout environment. Great video from the best strength coach in the country, Scott Cochran!

A Look Inside Alabama's New Weight Room - ROLLTIDE.COM - University of Alabama Official Athletic Site

Getting a new locker room too.

Alabama Football: First Pictures of New Locker Room (PHOTOS)

1vSM5Iq.jpg

pmSgI6f.jpg

P4eD4iY.jpg

feDLARX.jpg

JC4LOiN.jpg

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops...I meant to say someone mentioned 15,000 sq footage.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have done this ages ago... then kept it destroyed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hkj9ReZDiE]Husky Stadium South Roof Demolition Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay classy

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon and Nebraska are basically 1a and 1b in terms of facilities. Nobody is really even remotely close at this point.

LOL, Texas LAUGHS at any Nebraska moron that thinks they have better facilities than the Longhorns. Get real kid.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops...I meant to say someone mentioned 15,000 sq footage.

That would have been me. I also made the statement that FSU was getting better by putting money into the football program. New indoor facility, the weight room is getting bigger as well. We have a lot smaller alumni than Bama, OSU, UF, and so on. I am very proud of what they are doing with the facilities now.