• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oregon facilities. As good as advertised?

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: You are totally clueless about west coast sports it would appear. UW has been one of the top programs for the last 100 years. Like many other programs (bama included) they have been through a down stretch that started with crazy over the top sanctions and a woman AD more concerned with women's sports than football. UW is behind Oregon in football right now, but that won't last and everyone with a football IQ knows it. UW sits in the heart of Seattle which is a huge upgrade from Eugene. No other school in the NW can compete with that and again, everyone knows it. They have traditionally taken kids from the entire west coast and right now a huge portion of the team is from Cali. Kids who don't want to go to school in some podunk backwoods area with no night life flock to UW like moths to a flame.

Facilities? No one has yet seen a picture of the new facilities they are building. Someone leaked out a pic of one room a couple of weeks ago and it was quickly taken down as the person was threatened with termination for showing it. Will the new digs match Oregon in terms of opulence? Highly doubtful, but they don't need to. All of the facilities will be state of the art and fully upgraded. If the added eye candy of the zeds is enough to sway a recruit then that kid is more interested in bling than playing football and I wouldn't want them anyway.

You don't play football in a weight room. You play it on a field and Oregon's just won't come close to UW's. That alone will pull kids away. It already has if reports are correct with this recruiting class. As long as the weight room and the rest are comfortable and modern it comes down to having the coaches to condition. All that eye candy does nothing to make winning football.

This notion that others are jealous is so laughable. Oregon bought their way to where they are. They didn't earn it. USC will rise again as they always do and UW will keep on building their way back up through sweat and hard work. I'm not sure which program you all would be more proud of, but I'd rather not be the rent-a-champs myself. Err, I mean rent-a-fiesta-bowl champs. :suds:

We won't get to see the new facilities until game week to open the season. They are holding all of that until then.

Didn't read....lil bro!

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WizardHawk

I like much of what you say but concerning the above post, you are making that statement about teams that have posted weight room pics and are all on the top or near the top of the college football mountain!

Yep. True dat.

I looked at pics of our weight training facilities and they pale in comparison to all of the above. They are good but the ones above look much better.

The best selling point we have at UNC are girls and BB and I don't see that changing in the near future, though if Fedora can win at least 9 games this year we would have that.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nyg_zpsc44700cd.jpg

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Good comeback, as usual, Mamba.

I do love Tony's trolling, though. Reminds me of the old Chik days.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way college football goes it would probably be 45-41 with Bama winning or 12-9 with Oregon winning!
That would create a lot of good threads. Well maybe not good but interesting! :lol:
That would be epic.. Hopefully the Ducks can hold up their end of the bargain.:hope:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while we're sharing pics, here is the visitors locker room entrance, "The Fail Room", named after a major contributor and alumni. Seems appropriate to me...:clap:

Attachments

• fail-room-alabama_5.jpg
    fail-room-alabama_5.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 80

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while we're sharing pics, here is the visitors locker room entrance, "The Fail Room", named after a major contributor and alumni. Seems appropriate to me...:clap:

I LIKE IT!!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read....lil bro!

Of course not, because then you'd have to deal with the reality and that would be counterproductive to your argument. UW is the biggest school in the NW and that's a fact. They will at some point take back over their rightful place in football and that too is a fact.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Good comeback, as usual, Mamba.

I do love Tony's trolling, though. Reminds me of the old Chik days.

he used to be decent. But now he has become a Jelly hater troll.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course not, because then you'd have to deal with the reality and that would be counterproductive to your argument. UW is the biggest school in the NW and that's a fact. They will at some point take back over their rightful place in football and that too is a fact.

wrong. A fact can not be proven without evidence. You are speculating of future events and outcomes. That would be an opinion my friend.

Fuskies:L

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is creative and super awesome!!! Love it.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrong. A fact can not be proven without evidence. You are speculating of future events and outcomes. That would be an opinion my friend.

He has a real bad habit of that shit. I was arguing something with him a while back, and he constantly tried to put off opinions as fact. Since then I don't bother, that's why I didn't bother reading the BS he typed above.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do enjoy trying to find pics of other college facilities, anyone got good ones of Texas? I hear the Longhorns have a pretty decent weight room.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU has some good facilities, but nothing compared to Nebraska's and Oregon's. They look very modern and clean. Nice setup you guys got. LSU needs to take some of that TAF money and follow suit. To have Nebraska's weight room and Oregon's locker room... damn that would be nice.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: You are totally clueless about west coast sports it would appear. UW has been one of the top programs for the last 100 years. .

had to stop reading after that... not the last 15 years and that's good enough for me. recent success is greater than leather helmets

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had to stop reading after that... not the last 15 years and that's good enough for me. recent success is greater than leather helmets

yep, I guess by their logic, if you are a Harvard fan you can brag all you want.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

History is the proof. No program stays on top forever and that has been a fact as long as there has been football. Alabama won't dominate forever. USC doesn't stay on top forever. ND sucks ass now, but will at some point rebuild.

The factual part is that certain programs have the right mix of location, history, and intangibles to have a built in advantage that makes it hard not to find streaks of brilliance. History repeats itself and has since the beginning. To not accept that it will go through the same cycles it always has would be the speculation. There is no reason to believe it will change and be special just for Oregon. Every great program in the history of the sport as fallen. That is a pure fact. Oregon too will at some point fall as all others have and based on history that too is a fact.

It's ok. We get it. UW was once the dominate force in the conference and we fans too ignored history and it came to bite us in the ass. Your day of education will come. All in good time, all in good time.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History is the proof. No program stays on top forever and that has been a fact as long as there has been football. Alabama won't dominate forever. USC doesn't stay on top forever. ND sucks ass now, but will at some point rebuild.

The factual part is that certain programs have the right mix of location, history, and intangibles to have a built in advantage that makes it hard not to find streaks of brilliance. History repeats itself and has since the beginning. To not accept that it will go through the same cycles it always has would be the speculation. There is no reason to believe it will change and be special just for Oregon. Every great program in the history of the sport as fallen. That is a pure fact. Oregon too will at some point fall as all others have and based on history that too is a fact.

It's ok. We get it. UW was once the dominate force in the conference and we fans too ignored history and it came to bite us in the ass. Your day of education will come. All in good time, all in good time.

they just played in the NCG...?

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at these facilities. These guys are 18-22 year old kids who aren't paid? Looks like these kids make millions from looking at this.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a real bad habit of that shit. I was arguing something with him a while back, and he constantly tried to put off opinions as fact. Since then I don't bother, that's why I didn't bother reading the BS he typed above.

Quotes or it didn't happen. You can make any statement you like and no one gives a shit what you believe, but calling the bigger program little brother when they clearly aren't just shows your ignorance to west coast football. Do I need to list the size of both schools for you? UW is more than twice the size of the zeds. Is that a clear enough fact for you? Calling them big brother would be worse than you having to call LSU big brother when they won the conference while you were down. Sometimes little brother gets the better of the big, but they are always little brother. For UW little brother is, was, and always will be WSU. Oregon is just the shit hole to the south and the unfortunate neighbors of the beavs.

But you keep on hating just because. I loves me some haters.