• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Only SLIGHTLY early mock draft 2015

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston has no reason to throw. He's the odds-on pick for the Bucs right now at #1. All he can do is hurt that stock.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Kevin White today, I have a new perspective on how I think we need to draft...check this out. I traded down twice in the 2nd round to accumulate picks:
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 10: Kevin White, WR, West Virginia (A)
Round 2 Pick 30 (G.B.): Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: Arie Kouandjio, OG, Alabama (A-)
Round 3 Pick 30 (G.B.): Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 13 (N.O.): Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 30 (G.B.): Stephone Anthony, ILB, Clemson (B)
Round 5 Pick 9: Jeff Heuerman, TE, Ohio State (A)
Round 5 Pick 12 (N.O.): D.J. Humphries, OT, Florida (E)
Round 7 Pick 10: Tony Washington, OLB, Oregon (B-)

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes sir... yes it did. And the bench, and the hands, the vertical... :10:

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never an Amari Cooper fan. I believe he'll just be average in the NFL. Julio Jones he is not.

Like ksu, I feel Kevin White is the better of the two. I love the footage where he tracks the ball approaching him with an upperbody lean forward at full speed and he doesn't lose balance or even hesitate in his stride.

Mayock and others have Kevin White as the #1 wide receiver. Of course, I'm sure some prefer Amari Cooper. IF the Rams make a choice between the two, I'm sure Snead would take White.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't planning on taking a QB, but he fell to 14, I already traded back at that point and most other players I liked were gone. In this scenario he still sits for at least a year (pending injury)

Round 1 Pick 14 (MIA): Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon (A)
Round 2 Pick 9: Marcus Peters, CB, Washington (B)
Round 2 Pick 12 (N.O.): Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke (A-)
Round 3 Pick 4 (OAK): Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Mississippi State (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn (A)
Round 3 Pick 14 (MIA): Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State (A)
Round 3 Pick 32 (N.E.): Ben Koyack, TE, Notre Dame (B+)
Round 4 Pick 3 (OAK): Jeremiah Poutasi, OT, Utah (B-)
Round 4 Pick 12 (CLE): Tony Lippett, WR/CB, Michigan State (A)
Round 4 Pick 16 (CLE): Geneo Grissom, OLB, Oklahoma (B)
Round 5 Pick 9: Kurtis Drummond, FS, Michigan State (B+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Derrick Lott, DT, Chattanooga (A-)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never an Amari Cooper fan. I believe he'll just be average in the NFL. Julio Jones he is not.

Like ksu, I feel Kevin White is the better of the two. I love the footage where he tracks the ball approaching him with an upperbody lean forward at full speed and he doesn't lose balance or even hesitate in his stride.

Mayock and others have Kevin White as the #1 wide receiver. Of course, I'm sure some prefer Amari Cooper. IF the Rams make a choice between the two, I'm sure Snead would take White.

As good as White looks, I think the Rams can use his skyrocketing value to their benefit even if they don't take him. If White goes in the top 9, that drops another pass rusher or OL (or maybe even a QB) down to #10. Rams can capitalize on that by taking that sliding player, or trading down with someone else who desperately wants that player (or White, if he makes it to #10).

White is certainly impressive, but if the Rams can get an extra 2nd rounder by trading down, they could potentially get someone like DGB or Jaelen Strong later in the first or in the 2nd instead AND add a pick. Strong wasn't far behind White and Cooper at the combine, putting in a 4.44 40 and 42" vertical, while being a similar size to White. DGB is enticing given his much larger frame and 4.49 40.

If the Rams choose to wait on WR until later in the draft, I like Vince Mayle late. I like Lockett like everyone else, but he's projected to be a slot guy, which is one WR position the Rams should already have covered between Austin and Bailey.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shop, the biggest reason I am high on Lockett (besides his Alma Mater :heh:) is that he is without question the best KR/PR in the draft. I would rather he take over the KR duties from Bam Bam and possibly even the PR duties from Austin. If we are counting on Austin to REALLY become a playmaker, he needs to not return kicks at all.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 1 Pick 14 (MIA): Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon (A)
Round 2 Pick 9: Marcus Peters, CB, Washington (B)
Round 2 Pick 12 (N.O.): Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke (A-)
Round 3 Pick 4 (OAK): Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Mississippi State (A)
Round 3 Pick 14 (MIA): Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State (A)
Round 3 Pick 32 (N.E.): Ben Koyack, TE, Notre Dame (B+)
Round 4 Pick 3 (OAK): Jeremiah Poutasi, OT, Utah (B-)
Round 4 Pick 12 (CLE): Tony Lippett, WR/CB, Michigan State (A)
Round 4 Pick 16 (CLE):
As good as White looks, I think the Rams can use his skyrocketing value to their benefit even if they don't take him. If White goes in the top 9, that drops another pass rusher or OL (or maybe even a QB) down to #10. Rams can capitalize on that by taking that sliding player, or trading down with someone else who desperately wants that player (or White, if he makes it to #10).

White is certainly impressive, but if the Rams can get an extra 2nd rounder by trading down, they could potentially get someone like DGB or Jaelen Strong later in the first or in the 2nd instead AND add a pick. Strong wasn't far behind White and Cooper at the combine, putting in a 4.44 40 and 42" vertical, while being a similar size to White. DGB is enticing given his much larger frame and 4.49 40.

If the Rams choose to wait on WR until later in the draft, I like Vince Mayle late. I like Lockett like everyone else, but he's projected to be a slot guy, which is one WR position the Rams should already have covered between Austin and Bailey.

Good point someone is going to slide down to us at 10. I still think a CB might go in the 7-9 range to they are so valuable and Tray Wayne's blew up the combine. Ran a super fast 40. I was really disappointed with Schreff only doing 23 reps on the bench. I thought he would do 30 easy with everyone taking about how strong he is. I'm starting to think there might not be an offense of lineman worth taking at 10 the talents just not there over what's going to be there. There's going to be a very good player there I just don't think it's gonna be a offensive lineman. They need to go BPA.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta check out today's combine results, thanks for the reminder!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By my count, there seems to be 19 players of value. Charlie Campbell's mock currently goes:

Winston QB
Mariota QB
Williams DT
White WR
Fowler Edge
Gregory Edge
Shelton NT
Ray Edge
Flowers RT
Peat RT (Rams pick)
Cooper WR
Scherff G
Beasley Edge
Waynes CB
Parker WR
Gordon RB
Gurley RB
Collins S
Dupree Edge

I think Cooper going that low is very unlikely but WRs sometimes drop for no reason. The Rams are in a bad spot to trade down. I think its very likely the Rams have to stay put to keep value.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on who goes where though. Not that I would be anxious to help the 49ers, but lets say they desperately want a WR that has slipped to the Rams (White or Cooper). Odds are that WR will not slip past #11 Minny and #13 Cleveland. Rams trade down to #15, netting at least a 3rd rounder in such a scenario.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is little doubt that Snead will try to move back to get a 2nd or 3rd to allow them to get a QB. I think that is why we got Weinke he has been working with young kids for awhile. I don't think they hired him for Sam.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is little doubt that Snead will try to move back to get a 2nd or 3rd to allow them to get a QB. I think that is why we got Weinke he has been working with young kids for awhile. I don't think they hired him for Sam.
If we are talking QB, we are talking Hundley. If Mariota drops to 10 then he is the perfect project QB prospect but outside of the top 3 in this draft....meh.

It all depends on who goes where though. Not that I would be anxious to help the 49ers, but lets say they desperately want a WR that has slipped to the Rams (White or Cooper). Odds are that WR will not slip past #11 Minny and #13 Cleveland. Rams trade down to #15, netting at least a 3rd rounder in such a scenario.
Rams might also be looking at L'ael Collins, Humphries or Hundley so I guess that brings that first round value guys to 22. Collins seems like a better fit than Humphries but Humphries might have more value at LT as a pass blocker. Trading down for Hundley would be very polarizing but if the Rams were to go after a QB in this draft then that would be the way to do it. I also hesitate to say that Hundley is a first round guy but he fits the mold of a late 1st-early 2nd round QB.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hundley could definitely slip into the late 1st, especially with the weak free agent QB class. Not on talent, but on scarcity. That's not to say the talent isn't there, but he's going to have a sizable learning curve.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, this might be the best draft I have done yet. Traded down from 10 to 13 in round 1 and from 9 to 12 in the 2nd and this is what I came up with .... GOLD!!

Your score is: 6611 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 13 (N.O.): Kevin White, WR, West Virginia (A)
Round 2 Pick 10 (ATL): Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA (A)
Round 2 Pick 12 (N.O.): A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina (A-)
Round 3 Pick 9 (ATL): Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon (A-)
Round 3 Pick 11 (N.O.): Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest (A-)
Round 4 Pick 8 (ATL): Za'Darius Smith, DE/OLB, Kentucky (A)
Round 5 Pick 9: Jeff Heuerman, TE, Ohio State (A)
Round 7 Pick 10: Karlos Williams, RB, Florida State (A)

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Hundley and
Hundley could definitely slip into the late 1st, especially with the weak free agent QB class. Not on talent, but on scarcity. That's not to say the talent isn't there, but he's going to have a sizable learning curve.

I agree. Mayock and mcShay said Hundley and Petty are 3rd rd talent at best and will need 2 years of development. If true this really would make Sam a wanted man. I still see them going in the second someone will take a chance.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope the Rams have an eye on OLB/DE Bud Dupree. At 6'4 269 pounds I would love to see him opposite Ogletree. He's even faster and would really make our D nasty. Not to mention he can play DE too. The Top CB Peters or Wayne's would be a good pick too.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope the Rams have an eye on OLB/DE Bud Dupree. At 6'4 269 pounds I would love to see him opposite Ogletree. He's even faster and would really make our D nasty. Not to mention he can play DE too. The Top CB Peters or Wayne's would be a good pick too.
Khalil Mack was a much better prospect and they didn't take him last year so Id be stunned if they went that route

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Khalil Mack was a much better prospect and they didn't take him last year so Id be stunned if they went that route

They actually said Mack would have been the pick if OT wasn't such a need at the time. Mack is rated higher but this would be the 10th pick not 2. my thought is if they are bringing J. Long back to play right tackle you can get your guard in the second or third round. Get your center in free agency, and you still have added an impact player on defense.