• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Only SLIGHTLY early mock draft 2015

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 5-2 kinda dies starting at the high school level/once kids are old enough to throw the ball with confidence. I've seen it used in upper level ball but really only situationally and/or with a team that uses a "multiple D" defense. We should try to use it a little bit next year either way lol

yeah you would need some stud CB's which we don't have. they like to play 15yds down the field for some reason.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 1 Pick 10: Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 9: Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn (B+)
Round 3 Pick 8: Tre' Jackson, OG, Florida State (A)
Round 5 Pick 9: Jalston Fowler, FB, Alabama (A)
Round 7 Pick 10: Marcus Murphy, RB, Missouri (A)
I so could live with this. Fowler could add to the punishment on the D

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be very happy with that draft!

Only change I'd make is Grayson or if there was a CB they like instead of Fowler

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah you would need some stud CB's which we don't have. they like to play 15yds down the field for some reason.

It would be key to have one of those DEs able to drop into coverage like a SLB. You still need to have some unpredictability. Maybe one of these DE/LB combos (like Ray, Beasley, Floyd, etc) could fit the bill.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's way too heavy on OL early personally (but most of the mocks here are in my opinion). Of course, everything will hinge on free agency.

I agree, it is slightly O line heavy. I also agree we need to see what they do in free agency before doing serious projections. I would have gone OLB with the first pick of round 3, but there was no value there. I am VERY bored at work today, so I am sure I will post some other more attractive options!! LOL :whistle:

I also agree Petty will probably be chosen ultimately with our actual 3rd round pick at #10 but again for these purposes as he has not moved up yet, he is still projected in the 20's of round 3.

If you do not know much about Tyler Lockett, watch the Alamo Bowl today. He is a better KR/PR than Tavon and he is a better WR than Tavon.... and that says a lot. He might not be there in round 4, but since he was in this projection, I snagged him. Another guy I am looking at there is Petty's favorite target, Antwon Goodley.

As for Surrat, that was a value pick there..solid DT for depth.

Your boy Lockett may not be available in the 4th after that display yesterday. He's definitely talented, but with Austin and Bailey already on the roster (and both potentially starting), I'm not sure where Lockett would fit.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 1 Pick 18 (S.D.): Dante Fowler Jr., DE, Florida (A-)
Round 2 Pick 9: Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami (Fla.) (B+)
Round 2 Pick 17 (S.D.): Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn (A-)
Round 3 Pick 8: Arie Kouandjio, OG, Alabama (A)
Round 5 Pick 9: David Cobb, RB, Minnesota (A)
Round 7 Pick 10: Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon State (A)

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the winning draft... only one trade made, traded from 9 to 30 in round 2 and got a 3rd and 4th.

If we score this draft, we win the division if Sam plays 16 games.
Your score is: 5632 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 10: Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa (A)
Round 2 Pick 30 (DEN): Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: Zach Hodges, OLB, Harvard (A)
Round 3 Pick 29 (DEN): Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor (A)
Round 4 Pick 32 (DEN): Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke (A-)
Round 5 Pick 9: Antwan Goodley, WR, Baylor (A)
Round 7 Pick 10: Damian Swann, CB, Georgia (A)

Not necessarily meaning the players (except the first 2 really). I just mean if we made a deal and ended up with 7 picks and got 2 starting O linemen, a starting WOLB, an understudy QB, a depth interior guy and a DB.... that is a PERFECT draft...

Last edited by a moderator:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the winning draft... only one trade made, traded from 9 to 30 in round 2 and got a 3rd and 4th.

If we score this draft, we win the division if Sam plays 16 games.
Your score is: 5632 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 10: Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa (A)
Round 2 Pick 30 (DEN): Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: Zach Hodges, OLB, Harvard (A)
Round 4 Pick 32 (DEN): Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke (A-)
Round 5 Pick 9: Antwan Goodley, WR, Baylor (A)
Round 7 Pick 10: Damian Swann, CB, Georgia (A)

Not necessarily meaning the players (except the first 2 really). I just mean if we made a deal and ended up with 7 picks and got 2 starting O linemen, a starting WOLB, an understudy QB, a depth interior guy and a DB.... that is a PERFECT draft...

Nice!! Is Hodges any good? Haven't seen him.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice!! Is Hodges any good? Haven't seen him.

Neither have I, but who honestly has seen a Harvard game?? LOL Seriously though, from what I am hearing if he did the things he did at Harvard at somewhere like in the Pac 12, Big XII or SEC, he would be a 2nd rounder easy.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOUR TEAM: ST. LOUIS RAMS

Your score is: 5994 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 27 (IND): Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin (A)
Round 2 Pick 19 (HOU): A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina (A)
Round 2 Pick 30 (DEN): Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma (A)
Round 3 Pick 15 (S.F.): Hroniss Grasu, C, Oregon (A)
Round 4 Pick 31 (S.F.): Adrian Amos, FS, Penn State (B+)
Round 5 Pick 21 (CINN): Derrick Malone Jr., OLB, Oregon (A)
Round 7 Pick 6 (NYJ): Curtis Riley, CB, Fresno State (A)

Your Future Picks:
2015 Round 1 Pick (DAL)
2015 Round 1 Pick
2016 Round 1 Pick (DAL)
2016 Round 1 Pick

This is the best score I've received drafting for the Rams. Unrealistic due to all the trades down and what I received in the trades and then flipping those extra picks for 2 future 1st rounders, but the draft itself was nice.:lol:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take this with a grain of salt at this point but Todd McShay thinks the sweet spot for offensive linemen is near the bottom of the first round and not the top 10.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take this with a grain of salt at this point but Todd McShay thinks the sweet spot for offensive linemen is near the bottom of the first round and not the top 10.

I could see them very easily taking the best defensive player on the board at 10. there should be a lot of good players there. then go Oline in rd 2 & 3

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see them very easily taking the best defensive player on the board at 10. there should be a lot of good players there. then go Oline in rd 2 & 3

No way do the Rams NOT go into day 3 of the draft having NOT drafted a QB. Plus alot of the defensive players that might be available at #10 are players we do not need in anyway and it would be a wasted pick (I love guys like Gregory and Ray and Fowler but we do not need 4-3 DE's at all) So at worst, if someone like Landon Collins or Shaq Thompson falls to us at #10 we grab him but then Best O line available in round 2 and Best QB available in round 3...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way do the Rams NOT go into day 3 of the draft having NOT drafted a QB. Plus alot of the defensive players that might be available at #10 are players we do not need in anyway and it would be a wasted pick (I love guys like Gregory and Ray and Fowler but we do not need 4-3 DE's at all) So at worst, if someone like Landon Collins or Shaq Thompson falls to us at #10 we grab him but then Best O line available in round 2 and Best QB available in round 3...

Even Collins is essentially a SS, right? He has played some FS, so maybe he is the ideal FS for Fisher (a FS that hits like a SS). I could see the Rams jumping on Cooper as well if available at 10 (and of course Mariota/Winston if they slide). Otherwise, trading down could be the best value.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams will be in prime position to trade down if that is what they want to do.

There is plenty of top 10 talent and if a guy like Cooper falls, I could see a team trading up to get him. There are several other prospects that could fall as well that will spur teams to want to move up.

I think the Rams need an extra 2nd or 3rd to address QB as well as the OL instead of going one or the other in either of those rounds.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams biggest needs are QB, OG and C and unless something crazy happens ( ie Winston falling ), there just isn't value at #10 for those positions.

Maybe at OLB but not the others which makes the Rams prime for a trade down.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams have no business drafting any of the defensive prospects except Leonard Williams. He is the only 'cant miss' guy imo. The Rams already have their elite Alabama Safety.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams will be in prime position to trade down if that is what they want to do.

Honestly, that is what I am thinking. If Scherff is already gone, but Peat,Collins and Ogbuehi are still there, I can see the Rams trading from 10 to maybe 13 or 14 and picking up a 2nd or 3rd round pick and STILL getting Peat,Collins or Ogbuehi. That is how I am doing most mock drafts I put together. They will either trade down in round 1 or round 2. I am almost sure of it. Makes the most sense.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, that is what I am thinking. If Scherff is already gone, but Peat,Collins and Ogbuehi are still there, I can see the Rams trading from 10 to maybe 13 or 14 and picking up a 2nd or 3rd round pick and STILL getting Peat,Collins or Ogbuehi. That is how I am doing most mock drafts I put together. They will either trade down in round 1 or round 2. I am almost sure of it. Makes the most sense.

I agree KSU.

and this regime has already shown they love to trade.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so now first-pick has updated their rankings and also positions (meaning there are some more good OLB prospects that were previously listed as DE) as well as added and removed people. I am working VERY hard to refigure things. By the looks of what THEY say, I can trade down as far as #22 in round 1 and still get Cedric Ogbuehi or Derrick Stanley. Then in round 3, Petty has moved to the middle of round 3 BUT if you choose him at 15-19 you get a B+... ugh!!! This game is infuriating. So here is my latest attempt. One trade from 8 to 24 in round 2 and it goes me a 3rd and 4th:

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 10: La'el Collins, OT, LSU (A-)
Round 2 Pick 24 (PITT): Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn (A)
Round 3 Pick 8: Jordan Jenkins, OLB, Georgia (A-)
Round 3 Pick 23 (PITT): Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor (A-)
Round 4 Pick 22 (PITT): Jamil Douglas, OG, Arizona State (B)
Round 5 Pick 9: Jeff Heuerman, TE, Ohio State (A)
Round 5 Pick 24 (PITT): Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland (A)
Round 7 Pick 10: Quandre Diggs, CB, Texas (A)